Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL Druff, Drexel & Vwls Show Thread for July 11, 2012 *** with AT LEAST $50 Freeroll + $50 GIFT CARD Contest!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL Druff, Drexel & Vwls Show Thread for July 11, 2012 *** with AT LEAST $50 Freeroll + $50 GIFT CARD Contest!!

Show begins at 7:00pm PDT on Tuesday, July 11, 2012. Show will run anywhere from 3-5 hours.

You can listen by going to our Radio tab above, or clicking here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/radio.php

Call in number: (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355. Make sure to show your caller ID!

You can follow along and interact with us in our live chat room, by clicking the Chat tab near the top of the screen. You need to be logged in and have flash capability on your computer to see the chat.

We have a $50 freeroll tonight, plus a $50 GIFT CARD contest. The prize pool for the freeroll will likely be increased when I track down the various additional prizes donated to this week (please state in this thread or PM me if you donated to this week's freeroll in any way.)

Freeroll info
    Tournament Location: NoFraud Online Poker Room
    Tournament Date/Time: 7:40pm PDT on Tuesday, 7/11/2012
    Tournament Type: NL Holdem
    Tournament Buyin: FREE - it doesn't even cost you any play chips!
    Tournament Prizes: (to be announced when we figure out the final prize pool) I will send this to you by PayPal, bank transfer, Hero Poker transfer, or check. PM me after you win to claim your prize.
    There is no tournament password. Go register now! There is no late registration (software doesn't have that option) so register early!

$50 Gift Card Contest Details
    At some point during the show, we will announce that we will take calls for contestants. The 7th caller to get through will be the night's contestant.

Tonight's game: Older or Younger than Druff

Prize: $50 restaurant gift card (good at Romanos Macaroni Grill, Chilis, Maggianos, and more!)

Object of the game: Dan Druff will name six well-known poker pros, and you will have to quickly say if they are older or younger than Druff, who recently turned 40. To add to the fun, the co-hosts will also guess after the contestant has guessed.

If the contestant gets at least 4 of the 6 right, he will win the gift card! If he does not get at least four correct, the gift card will be rolled into another contest in the future.

Thanks to CMONEY for sending us money for 4 more weeks of freerolls! Also thanks to Pooh for donating the $50 gift card!

*** IMPORTANT ***

To qualify for the freeroll and/or contest, you need to have registered on PokerFraudAlert by May 21, 2012 at 5:30pm PDT.

If you are a lurker and still want to play, you must PM me or e-mail me beforehand and explain how long you've been listening/lurking, and tell me some of your favorite anecdotes from the forum (either here or DD) or the radio show. If you fail to do this before the tournament, or if you send me some generic bullshit like, "I think the show is funny. I like the show", you will NOT qualify for the freeroll, and your prize will be given to the next qualifying finisher.

I am doing this in order to prevent freeroll-hunting leeches from using our site for our freeroll money and then disappearing.

Agenda for tonight:

- Intro & freeroll discussion

- WSOP Week 6 stories:
    - Druff's Main Event so far
    - WSOP falsely promotes 2012 as "biggest prize pool of all time" to media (USA Today, etc)
    - Wrong time printed on certain preliminary event tickets, people showed up 5 hours late!

- Rio cash follies:
    - $5/$10 NL -- TWO PEOPLE flop nut flush in same hand! (see pics below)
    - Terrible angle shot against casual player results in ruling for the scummy angle shooter, costing the casual player $7k

- Tom Dwan going to breakfast with Howard Lederer in Las Vegas? (see pics below)

- Lock Poker having major problems on new network

- Epic Poker screws freelance writers

- English gentleman (NOT Colonel Fabersham) breaks Phil Laak's record for consecutive hours of play

- What percentage did pros have of themselves in One Drop?

- Full Tilt situation:
    - Pokerstars buying Full Tilt was a DOJ hoax just to lure Ray Bitar into the country?
    - Ray Bitar granted bail

- $50 GIFT CARD Contest --Another edition of "Older or Younger Than Druff"

- Love hurts segments:
    - Matt Marafioti claims to be "hanging out" with Lauren Kling again, mad about this forum talking about him
    - Amanda Musumeci accuses Ryan Eriquezzo of physically assaulting her, both make same final table

- Brandon/Slim T situation

- Possible Ken Scalir check-in

- Ask Vwls segment

- Whatever else we feel like discussing

- We take your phone calls at (775) FRAUD-55

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here is the Dwan and Lederer (?) pic:

Name:  600120_3501681499965_787430776_n.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  31.9 KB

Here is the two nut flushes pic:

Name:  2012-07-06_20-14-45_15.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  135.2 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    what's the deal with the second pic?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by danzo View Post
    Look closely. They both have the ace of spades!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Hey thanks...

Im asking how this happened.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here was a post I made about an experience I had at Day 1 of the 2011 Main Event (note this was a year ago, NOT this year's Main):

Well, might as well tell this story from Day 1, as recent happenings are making me concerned.

In early-mid Day 1, two players were in for a standard 2.5x raise, and I had 7c8c on the button. More often than not, I fold that type of hand in the Main Event, because I don't like having to shoot off a large portion of my stack drawing, and you can lose a ton if you get outflopped by a higher flush.

Anyway, in this case, I called $500.

I thought to myself, "Come on... let's see a flopped straight or all clubs!"

And the board came:

QcJc9c

Both players checked to me. I figured that, given the super-draw-heavy board, it's unlikely someone would be checking unless they flopped higher clubs.

I thought I'd just be betting and getting 2 quick folds.

Instead, I bet, the original raiser called, the other folded.

Turn was Qd.

He checked, I bet again, he called. I now put him on some kind of club draw (most likely Ac), or perhaps he had a boat and was playing it weird.

River was 2h -- can't get more blank than that.

He fired out 5k.

I had a sinking feeling and realized I was fucked. Still, there wasn't any way I could fold, since he could easily have had AQ or KQ and was just waiting until the river to make sure that a 4th club didn't hit.

I called, he showed 99, I lost.

Okay, that was a cooler... I lost 11k on the hand total. I didn't understand the way he played it, but whatever.

The guy to his direct right, who folded pre-flop, immediately piped up, "Wow!! I had Ace-7 of clubs! That would have been ugly! I'm so glad I folded!"

It didn't register at first, so I actually tweeted that a hand folded pre-flop which would have made the action much more crazy.

About 5 minutes later, I replayed the conversation in my head, and said WTF?!?!?!

How could he have had Ac7c when I had 7c8c?!

Were there really two 7c in the deck?

Did he just remember wrong, perhaps having As7s and confusing it for Ac7c? Or maybe he folded Ac6c and remembered it as Ac7c. Or maybe he had Ac7c the previous hand, and confused himself into thinking it was this hand.

Or......

Did I really just lose 11k without really holding 7c8c? Did I perhaps have 7s8s, and blew 1/3 of my stack with 8 high?

This was eating at me for another 10 minutes or so, when I finally just asked the guy if he really had Ac7c that hand. He said yes. I asked if he was sure, and he said, "Pretty sure."

I then told him what happened, and the table got into the discussion. Unfortunately, we couldn't check the deck because it had already changed.

I didn't double-check my hand at any point (something I usually do, and something I'm doing EVERY TIME now, since that happened), but I clearly remember hoping for an all-club flop right after looking at my cards and calling pre-flop, so how could I have not had clubs?

I'll never know the answer to the above, but reading about this most recent error, I have to wonder if perhaps I really was playing with a deck that had two 7 of clubs, and I lost a big pot because of it.

Either that, or one of the two people claiming to hold that hand needs work on their short term memory.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I appreciate the Dwan pic. A bit blurry but beggars cant be choosers I guess.

He looks like he is wearing platform shoes...

Load Metric
    Sounds like this one could be 5+ hours. Can't wait to listen tomorrow.

Load Metric
    definitely discuss this:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...ition-1220150/

I witnessed one of the strangest things I've ever seen while playing cash at the Rio and imo it brought up some interesting rules & ethics considerations. tl;dr alert

Prologue: It's a very loose 5/10 NLHE cash game at the WSOP that played much higher with double straddles, in-the-dark raises UTG, etc. All players were very deep with the biggest stack around $7k.

Act I: A hand comes up that is initially one of the smallest of the night. On the flop the pot is only ~$300 and all four active players check down a rainbow board of KQxx.

The river is a 10 and the first player to act is the $7k big stack - a nutty Asian guy who speaks in broken English. He stands up and pitches his cards at the muck face up, and we see they're 4s2s -a hand that can't even beat the board. After the hand hits the felt in front of the dealer, Asian Guy jokingly announces "All-in". We roll our eyes at his attempt at humor and the next player to act reaches for chips to take a stab at the pot.

Act II: Suddenly one of the other active players stops the action and tells the dealer that the Asian guy is indeed all-in. We murmur and look at each other, but another active player chimes in, agreeing. Now everyone is chattering, with some players (including me) pointing out that there is absolutely zero chance that the Asian guy's intention was to move all-in, and others claiming the hand is live and that it doesn't matter what his intention was.

The dealer shrugs and explains his understanding of the rules: a face-up hand is live even if it hits the muck. Chaos ensues and the Asian guy goes bananas shouting "I muck! I muck hand!" over and over while reenacting the gesture of throwing the cards away. A floorman is called and once the action is recounted he snap-rules that the dealer is correct and that the hand is live. The shouting goes to 11, a sizable crowd gathers, and Asian Guy has a conniption, demanding confirmation from the senior supervisor. But once called, the senior floorman snap-rules that the snap-rule is correct: the hand is live.

So to recap: Asian Guy has moved all-in for $7,000 into a $300 pot with the nut-low face-up on the table and three players yet to act.

Act III: Player 2 fist-pump insta-ships for ~$5k. The final two players curse the Poker Gods that their hands likely aren't strong enough to win and that stacks aren't deep enough to profitably overcall, and fold. Player 2 flips up J9 for the second nuts and drags a $10,000 pot. Asian Guy howls into his cell phone for a minute, grabs the remnants of his stack and disappears.

Fini

Was this a good ruling? Should the floor have superseded the letter of the law in favor of the spirit of the game and the man's obvious intentions?

If you're the 2nd player to act, what hands do you ship? If you're the 3rd player to act and the 2nd player ships, with what hands do you call? If you're the 4th player and both Players 2 & 3 ship, with what hands to you call?

And if you're Asian Guy, what would be your preferred method of suicide?

Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker

And yes, I hope the player that stole the money ends up homeless or in prison. If I was at that table I would have gone ‪#batshitcrazy‬

3h Daniel Negreanu Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker

I dont know the victim at all, but I'm disgusted that the winner of the pot was aided by an incompetent floor ruling. What a scumbag.

3h Daniel Negreanu Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker

Whatever floor man & supervisor made this ruling should be public info. I'd love to hear what drugs they were on when they made this ruling.

4h Vanessa Selbst Vanessa Selbst ‏@VanessaSelbst

@RealKidPoker even worse is the guy who asked the floor to enforce the ruling. 1of most unethical things in a while, which is saying smthing
    Retweeted by Daniel Negreanu

4h Daniel Negreanu Daniel Negreanu ‏@RealKidPoker

$300 pot guy has $5000 in front of him and was essentially robbed by a horrifyingly awful ruling that breaks my heart. Poor guy geez.

Guy mucks his hand face up. It hits the muck and he has 24 board is all high cards. He then jokes and says "All In" floor rules he is all in

If anyone knows which WSOP floor man and supervisor made the worst ruling in poker history, let me know their names.So bad it hurts my tummy

Re: WSOP cash game ruling. One of the most embarrassingly bad decisions by a floor staff in the history of poker. This is atrociously awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Sounds like this one could be 5+ hours. Can't wait to listen tomorrow.
    not with druff playing tomorrow but still should be a solid show nonetheless

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, I forgot about that one, rickastley.

Yeah, I will add that to the list -- the awful WSOP cash ruling on the angle shoot.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danzo View Post

Thats a strange pic, how is the 2 seat still sitting there with cards in his hand?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Thats a strange pic, how is the 2 seat still sitting there with cards in his hand?
    He's probably contesting only the main pot and there is a side pot, which would be why the two other players have revealed their hands and he hasnt
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric

he is waiting to turn over the 6-7 of spades

edit: just realized 9s not 8s on board. I assume he was still in the hand at show down and had yet to muck probably hoping the floor would rule the entire hand dead

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    He's probably contesting only the main pot and there is a side pot, which would be why the two other players have revealed their hands and he hasnt

He still has chips, so when the first nut hand was turned over he should have mucked.

Load Metric
    Name:  600120_3501681499965_787430776_n.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  31.9 KB

eating lunch with Mr Belding?

Load Metric
    Can someone please name me one person employed by Harrahs/Caesars who can perform their job compitantly?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    hes last to act here and maybe when the first hand was rolled the second hand was like WTF and everything came to a halt, him having a hand doesnt seem like a big deal at all

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Can someone please name me one person employed by Harrahs/Caesars who can perform their job compitantly?
    The lady who removes the cigarette butts from the slots area does an ok job...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    hes last to act here and maybe when the first hand was rolled the second hand was like WTF and everything came to a halt, him having a hand doesnt seem like a big deal at all
    There are definitely two pots here, so maybe the two nut flushes said "nuts" and then all hell broke loose??? From what I understand from the 2+2 thread he was smart to hold onto his cards

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    The lady who removes the cigarette butts from the slots area does an ok job...
    I cannot give praise to the costodial crew due to the fact that the last time I stepped foot on a Harrahs properties I came out with a staph infection.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Thread Information