Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Micon to appear on Doug Polk's podcast

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    I'm not sure if it'll be on his poker channel or crypto channel. Just search doug Polk on youtube
    Thanks. I don’t see anything. Let me know

If I have to subscribe to YouTube for this then I’ll pass

Load Metric
    just check social media. if you want a dude's podcast, check his twitter.

Comments

Sanlmar: Kid clutch

Load Metric
    micon comes across as mature and sincere, imo.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    no shit, was thinking the same thing...sure wasn't expecting that little twist...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    I did not watch all of it, but in what I saw Micon came across as very articulate, poised and a subject matter expert.

One thing is for certain, win or lose he put the forums (especially this one) in his rear view mirror for life. He is never coming back, ever.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I haven't watched, and not sure I will bother, but for those who are surprised that he comes off more mature than you remember him, you shouldn't be.

First off, he's turning 40 this year. He's no longer the kid in his 20s who still acted like he was 19.

Second, he realized quickly that the bitcoin world is fairly serious biz, and unlike poker, there's no room for the "class clown" type. So he either had to grow up quickly (or at least appear to have done so), or no one in the bitcoin community would want anything to do with him.

Third, having a child might have also helped him grow up some.

Deep down, though, he's probably changed a lot less than it appears.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I haven't watched, and not sure I will bother, but for those who are surprised that he comes off more mature than you remember him, you shouldn't be.

First off, he's turning 40 this year. He's no longer the kid in his 20s who still acted like he was 19.

Second, he realized quickly that the bitcoin world is fairly serious biz, and unlike poker, there's no room for the "class clown" type. So he either had to grow up quickly (or at least appear to have done so), or no one in the bitcoin community would want anything to do with him.

I just caught the end. You're right, he's matured some for all of the reasons given, that's just life, you have to somewhat.
    At the end of the interview, he shows some true Micon colors while recanting a story about the shit-pay pobation drone store job:
    ---

Crazy Mike (after yelling at the kids working in the store with Micon, probably just before it went under): "Micon, do something!!!!!"

Micon calmly takes a box, no smile or anything, opens it up and farts into it, closes it and puts it back on the shelf.
    Last edited by Forum Wars; 04-16-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    You fools are acting like he used to be Teddy the Iceman or something. When was he not articulate? And lol at maturity discussions when most here would have called in to the Polk Show show sucking whip its or telling him to get down to the Orleans to get that Jackpot before Betty and her team nab up all the good machines kitty corner to the Starbucks.

Does Polk allow call ins? Or I mean does Srsly allow Polk to do call ins?

Hi MiconsGirl

Load Metric
    What country did micon move to?

Assuming Antigua.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Not focusing on you, but I always hate when people comment on something with detailed opinions when they have not bothered to watch/read it. Like I said, Micon comes off very articulate and subject matter expert on crypto. Now I think crypto is monopoly money, but Micon sure was a leading indicator on it back in 2012 when everyone was laughing at him. He kinda gets the last laugh on this one.

Either way, he has totally forgotten about the forums. Maybe turning 40 and having a kid caused him to 'grow up', but what does that say about the rest of us still posting on a forum where poker is just about gone? Not much I think. You could make a case we are bored with some of our free time and he is not.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: 8 yr old daughter... how time flys

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    What country did micon move to?

Assuming Antigua.
    Quote Originally Posted by micon

The only way I was going to agree with them is if you weren't a woahhvicky fan. Thank God.

Load Metric
    i wonder if he still gets siri to do his bidding, also some one has to hook him up with a proper barber, tailor.

seems like he's is balling tho, good for him

edit: the first time listening to Dougs podcast. I like him, i guess he must have a bit more pizzazz with other shows. being he is so popular
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 04-16-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Draymond View Post

Either way, he has totally forgotten about the forums. Maybe turning 40 and having a kid caused him to 'grow up', but what does that say about the rest of us still posting on a forum where poker is just about gone? Not much I think. You could make a case we are bored with some of our free time and he is not.
    What does grow up mean exactly?

He is delightfully non conformist and has been able to carry that off without being destitute.

He is legit fascinated by Bitcoin and crypto. It seems to fulfill him intellectually. For him, it isn’t a vehicle for the rush of speculation. He was purposeful in avoiding that aspect of crypto

Two things impress me.

1.) Micon isn’t gambling/speculating crypto (apparently).

This makes him different than 95% of those in this space. His calm with regard to price is intriguing. It might be a tell regarding his financial position.

2.) Micon is socially connected to influential leaders in the crypto space. This is most important.

Micon has parlayed his media chops and personality to gain an audience with those that matter. There are literally millions who have educated themselves, speculate and have an opinion. Micon is among a handful that has connections to leaders and developers..

As bizarre as it sounds, he has a measurable high emotional/social quotient. He obviously has raw intelligece too. Squandered on crypto but to each his own.

The “grow up” thing is an odd take.

Quick favorite-
    Micon talked about marketing at Seals with Clubs and made a self deprecating reference to the “green velour track suit” worn on a particular Morning with the Chairman. One of my faves, I might add. Micon played a character and laughs at it now.

Load Metric
    Haven;t listen to all of it but overall very strong. Micon has a lot to offer in the way of knowledge and too bad he is no longer part of the community.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Haven;t listen to all of it but overall very strong. Micon has a lot to offer in the way of knowledge and too bad he is no longer part of the community.
    He made is clear a few years ago he was moving on from the forums. I agree it is too bad, but he hates the forums now. Actually hate is too strong, he just tossed that portion of his life in the dumpster. While I don't think bitcoin is anything but scheme, he thinks otherwise and looks like he has made a lot of money from it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Micon is a hustler.

Poker was a hustle that didn't work out too well for him in the end (like it doesn't with most), and he moved on to a more profitable (and risky in the sense he could have ended up in jail) one with the Bitcoin stuff.

I don't even say that in a derogatory fashion. It just is what it is. He said it himself years ago when he was admonishing Barry for not having a job. He said something to the effect of "I am a hustler and will always figure out a way to hustle $$ without ever having a real job, but you are a worker and need to get a job." I am paraphrasing, but that is the gist of it.

Load Metric
    Pretty Sure DirtyB sleeps just fine at night.

Load Metric
    Not because DirtyB is uncaring. I'm not trying to say it like that. He just has a really really good box-spring these days that puts him right to sleep.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    I am sure too. I am guessing Micon has more $$ than me, but I would never get involved in shady shit that might end me up in jail or having to flee the country, even if the potential payout is big. Would much rather just be a working drone and live a life of quiet upper middle class desperation. Different strokes for different folks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    I am sure too. I am guessing Micon has more $$ than me, but I would never get involved in shady shit that might end me up in jail or having to flee the country, even if the potential payout is big. Would much rather just be a working drone and live a life of quiet upper middle class desperation. Different strokes for different folks.

I think I'm an empath most of the time and I can't even get to a point where I have a guess as to what that might feel like. Anyone who has your wiring is lucky. Remember that.

Thread Information