Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Wanna goto the Philippines?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Just arrived in Manila after leaving at 5:55am. It's currently 10:43PM on Monday night, I guess... I don't even know.

It was the trip from hell. Trip report coming, unless limitles of course doesn't want to hear it.

Au contraire little buddy. Be careful who you lie to there ok?

Manila cops in torture case lose case in appellate court

THE Court of Appeals (CA) has turned down a petition filed by a Manila policeman accused of torturing a buck naked robbery suspect to nullify the criminal charges against him for violation of the anti-torture law.

Petitioner SPO3 Joaquin de Guzman was among a team of seven Manila Police District cops who were indicted by the Department of Justice (DOJ) before a Manila regional trial court for the torture of robbery suspect Darius Evangelista, after a video of accused policemen inflicting pain on the obviously anguished suspect while he was buck naked went viral in the internet last year.

In a resolution penned by Associate Justice Amy Lazaro-Javier, the CA's 16th Division denied due course to de Guzman's petition to annul the Manila court's finding of probable cause in the case filed by Evangelista's widow, Margie Catalan-Evangelista.

The case against de Guzman and his co-accused policemen were originally one for murder, but the DOJ downgraded it to violation of the anti-torture law on the ground that the body of the victim had not been recovered. The criminal proceeding had been touted as a "test case" for the efficacy of the anti-torture law.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/manila/loc...e-court-242217
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/...e-hearing.html

Former Conservative public safety minister Stockwell Day says there were warnings that some of the information in a security certificate used to detain Mohamed Mahjoub, who has spent 12 years in jail and house arrest in Canada, may have come from the torture of the Egyptian-born man.

Load Metric
    I'd like to hear about the dickgirl.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post

Comments

dwai:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeshine box View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post

thread was a good read and a trip down memory lane.

good bump

Comments

shoeshine box: I laughed a bit..worth the toll. ty.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GAMBLE-BOT View Post
    True story I almost attended medical school in the Philippines. As a Biology major with high MCAT and a absolutely terrible GPA for a white male, I only applied to the dustheap of medical school in the US. I did not get in. My friends were Filopino brothers that one of them graduated from high school with me. They weren't getting in either it seems and lo and behold their Filipino born US Doctor dad got on the board of directors of the very Manilla based medical school that he graduated with. Then Lo and behold my friends were in. I had known them since high school and knew their pot bellied dad pretty well. I was a 100% lock to be admitted. I started the application process before I realized how terrible of a doctor I would be. The deal breaker was living in a third world country where the only white people around were radical christian fundies trying to convert people and child molesters. Further there was no guarantee that I would easily become a doctor in the states. The medical degree didn't transfer to the US like apparently every goddamn dothead doctor in Asia's credentials do. The icing on the cake was having to pay for the whole goddamn thing on my own. My dad explained to me that my friends dad made about 65k a year at the VA clinic and literally had to supplement his income doing botox injections and other weird shit with vitamins just to pay for his kids private school. My dad explained to me that he made 3 times as much working 2 days a week for about 10 hours a week with an education that cost 5% as much with a PhD, and without the 4 year interval with zero pay.

TL;DR

I had an opportunity to go to medical school in the Philippines and wisely passed on it. I would likely be a broke VA doctor or kidney dialysis technician making 70k a year and living with malaria, syphilis, AIDS and worms.
    And a fucking classic Gamble-Bot post.

Please come back Gamble-Bot, we need you.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    lol great bump

haiti was a great time in my life, probably too old to do that kind of physical labor now (i was probably too old and out of shape then)

haven't talked to weiss in forever, hope he's doing well

Comments

shoeshine box: call weiss
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    lol great bump

haiti was a great time in my life, probably too old to do that kind of physical labor now (i was probably too old and out of shape then)

haven't talked to weiss in forever, hope he's doing well
    I should just shut up but my read on this Weiss character was bullshit from day one. No offense to anyone else but I could not get past it.

Thread Information