Thread: so, was PFA involved in this ?

Load Metric

so, was PFA involved in this ?

either way, what was the backstory?

In 2005, Greenstein wrote a book titled Ace on the River. Tuan Le, a WPT Season 3 champion, claims that book showed him how to succeed on the poker circuit. Greenstein is known for giving away a free copy of his book to the player who eliminates him in a tournament, including his autograph and details of the hand. Greenstein taught former girlfriend Mimi Tran how to play poker in exchange for her teaching him how to speak Vietnamese. He also plays online at PokerStars, under the alias "barryg1" and is a member of the cardroom's Team PokerStars.

He accepted a bet of $10,000 from 2+2 Poker Forums to say "lol donkaments" on an episode of High Stakes Poker, which he did after winning a hand against professional poker player Erick Lindgren. After the initial $10,000, he also received a further $45,000 in donations from other charitable poker players who were amused by the bet.[7]

Load Metric
    no, 2+2.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    i feel really old right now and sincerely embarrassed for having first person knowledge of that event.

i have not spent my time on this earth as constructively as i should and i do not want the lord to come down here and find me like this.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Lolomon
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i feel really old right now and sincerely embarrassed for having first person knowledge of that event.

i have not spent my time on this earth as constructively as i should and i do not want the lord to come down here and find me like this.
    Name:  chaps sonatine.png
Views: 351
Size:  245.0 KB

Comments

sonatine: coge

Load Metric
    no, 2+2.

Yeah, I saw that re 2+2, but surely there were members from here (former sites) that also posted there.

Anyway, since you have first hand knowledge, what was the backstory ?

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    anatine, guess who's picking up a set of decks tonight?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Yeah, I saw that re 2+2, but surely there were members from here (former sites) that also posted there.

Anyway, since you have first hand knowledge, what was the backstory ?

backstory?

its just an nvg meme. barry was doing a lot of charity work at the time and a lot of kids with too much money paid him 10k to say something on HSP or something, with the understanding that it would be donated to something or other.

here: http://pokerterms.com/lol-donkaments.html

Comments

Tellafriend: Good stuff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    anatine, guess who's picking up a set of decks tonight?

very cool.

imo, invest in scratchlive, dont spend a fucking penny on vinyl without an actual gig lined up.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    yah only things i have lined up will likely be all digital booths unless I lug mine in. Have a few promos from visiting guys built up but fuck me for unloading all my old stuff. not in a rush to fill crates, thats for sure.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    if there are digital booths out there you can work with them you should never spend money on vinyl ever again.

back in the days when no one had digital booths, like the big swinging dick names would literally buy $500 worth of vinyl on a friday night and sell it back sunday afternoon for $300.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    True story, he had to ask how to pronounce "lol".

Load Metric
    Except when he said it on TV it sounded like "LOL Documents".

Load Metric
    Still can't figure out why he would want to bang Mimi Tran. Not that much to look at & from the poker shows she's been on, has a mundane personality.

Barry must not be much of a catch.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Thread Information