Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL MLB 2018 Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The balk was ridiculous
    Here’s a trivia question:

(I know everyone else knows the answer. Let Druff work this alone)

What team in the MLB has the most balks?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    kenley just gave up another bomb, but this one is in honor of the first homer from gyroko...just for you san...

Load Metric
    CUBS GOT DANIEL MURPHY

An irish man who is awesome. What a pick up

FUCK YEAH

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers did a good job beating up bad teams (Padres, Rangers), to win 5 in a row and reduce their 4.5 game deficit to just 1 game.

They could have pulled even tonight, playing Arizona (and Colorado losing), but they couldn't muster any offense, and lost 3-1 to the Diamondbacks.

Chris Taylor, who leads the NL in strikeouts, went 0-for-4 with 4 Ks.

I hate to say it, but Taylor isn't a starting-quality player anymore, and needs to go back to a bench role. It was a nice fluke year he had in 2017, but like most other mediocre prospects who somehow catch fire in the majors one year, regression was highly likely.

In other news, the Giants have already given up on Andrew McCutchen, and shipped him to the Yankees (who else?)

Load Metric
    It should have been Greinke vs Kershaw tonight. Played in LA, no less.

Have they ever gone heads up?

I understand the Dodgers’ strategy with pushing Kershaw back but this would have been as close to a meaningful playoff-like game as you can get in August.

The Greinke Kershaw stories from the wonder years that might have been spun during the game would have made my night by themselves.

Druff spoiler - do not read big guy

The strategy with Kershaw being pushed back is lose one tonight but win two later

Arizona Diamondbacks Z Greinke vs Los Angeles Dodgers H Ryu 08/31/18 22:10 EDT Arizona Diamondbacks +115 Listed
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-31-2018 at 10:29 AM.

Load Metric
    Talked about this possibility a couple months ago. I always felt this would happen in after 2019 Season.

https://articles-nj-com.cdn.ampproje...rom%20%251%24s

The Phil's need to bring him home . Not sure they will give up the farm but will likely offer him a Max contract after 2020 Season.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    While the AL playoff race is over (except perhaps the Oakland/Houston divisional drama), the NL is still very tight.

The only team with a playoff spot (mostly) wrapped up is the Cubs.

Rockies/Dodgers/Dbacks all separated by 1.5 games in the NL West.

The wildcard standings are as follows: Brewers, Cardinals, Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Phillies

Atlanta leads the Phillies by only 2.5 games, and probably won't make the wildcard if they blow it. Same with the Phillies, if they don't win the division.

Eight playoff contenders, and only five spots. Three teams will be left out in the cold. Phillies or Braves will probably be one of them (whichever fails to win the east), but the other two are anyone's guess.

Somehow Matt Holliday is productive again.

Anyone know why Mike Moustakas is hardly playing now? Why did the Brewers pick him up if he's just going to rot on the bench?

Load Metric

Anyone know why Mike Moustakas is hardly playing now? Why did the Brewers pick him up if he's just going to rot on the bench?
    I think MIL was drunk at the trade deadline. No idea what they were doing. They missed on Machado, then were like "fuck it, we're acquiring SOME guys". Travis Shaw was already there at third putting up the same output as Moose.

Load Metric
    I trust you have regained some strength, Druff. I’m seeing punch in recent posts and thats great.

Having given you time to recover I think it might be time to speculate what will happen in LA when the Dodgers miss the playoffs.

Will Friedman contract expire and his possessions be boxed by security? Will Roberts not be renewed. How about a clean sweep with Zaidi.

There are many moving parts going forward this off season. Your boys will prolly try to stay under salary cap. Machada might be $200m. If he’s signed Turner Belanger Seager — the whole infield is in flux.

Kershaw is still a thing.

Ownership might choose a whole new direction. It hasn’t worked so far. The most egregious being the whole value/lottery approach toward talent - ESPECIALLY bullpen. None of the tickets cashed this year.

Some of the players worked out previously. Many over achieved. They had a lucky run. This isn’t a top tier team.

The over emphasis on statistical matchups is weak sauce.

Zaidi and Friedman might be better suited for Philly or Minnesota.

Sorry for your loss.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-12-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Load Metric
    The Dodgers are in 1st Place?

This false hope followed by their certain collapse isn’t good for Druff’s health.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

This false hope followed by their certain collapse isn’t good for Druff’s health.
    First place AND a game ahead in the 2nd wildcard.

The NL is wide open. No real favorites this year, of those likely to make the playoffs.

If the Dodgers do win he World Series, it will feel a little bit cheap -- kinda like how the Giants should have felt in 2014.

Last year a World Series win would have felt much more deserved.

This year, if the champion comes from the NL, it will be a matter of a highly flawed team getting there (no matter which one), and then getting lucky.

Puig picked a good time to get hot. Cardinals didn't see it coming They killed the Dodgers in Dodger Stadium last time, and probably thought it would be a cakewalk.

Now they have Wainwright trying to prevent a 4-game home sweep.

Load Metric

The NL is wide open. No real favorites this year, of those likely to make the playoffs.

If the Dodgers do win he World Series, it will feel a little bit cheap -- kinda like how the Giants should have felt in 2014.

This year, if the champion comes from the NL, it will be a matter of a highly flawed team getting there (no matter which one), and then getting lucky.

Puig picked a good time to get hot. Cardinals didn't see it coming They killed the Dodgers in Dodger Stadium last time, and probably thought it would be a cakewalk.

You’re in first for a couple of hours and now there is talk about the World Series?

2014 Giants ..... Madison Bumgarner rewrote the post season record books. Cheap?

Kershaw Vs Bumgarner? The comparison will always be made.

One is a regular season hero and post season zero.

The other is a champion who put a ring on his own finger.

Tablet - Baseball - MLB - 908 St. Louis Cardinals +135 for Game

Load Metric
    Do you know how hard it is to be the beacon of truth, Druff?

From opening day and ridiculous 97 wins futures.

Week after month of the Dodgers incredulously being listed top 5 and top 10 in the power rankings. Even as they were sub .500

Of course, Kershaw.

It’s not just you obviously. There are people out there just like you. The public.

It’s lonely being right.

Gold
    Load Metric

You’re in first for a couple of hours and now there is talk about the World Series?

2014 Giants ..... Madison Bumgarner rewrote the post season record books. Cheap?

The last 3 games of the season for the Dodgers are at AT&T ball park. Bochy is going to manage those 3 games better than he did during his 3 world series wins. I am predicting a sweep by the Giants and the Dodgers miss out on the playoffs.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

The last 3 games of the season for the Dodgers are at AT&T ball park. Bochy is going to manage those 3 games better than he did during his 3 world series wins. I am predicting a sweep by the Giants and the Dodgers miss out on the playoffs.
    Of course Bochy is gonna outmanage Roberts during his last games as a Dodger.

I always loved the following. Great bar bet trivia.

It’s pretty common knowledge that San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy has the biggest head in all of baseball. His helmet size is an 8 1/4. In fact, according to this video by ESPN’s Tim Kurkjian (also embedded below), when Bochy was traded to a new team as a baseball player, he had to take his helmet with him. The new team then has to paint his helmet and their logo on it because they never had one big enough for him.
    https://aroundthefoghorn.com/2014/05...e-bochys-head/

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  tb.PNG
Views: 133
Size:  3.1 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    I was sweating my St Louis bet last night vs Dodgers

Watching Flamethrower Hicks and Molina is the best thing on television.

I think I was watching Sunday Night Baseball with ARod and the ESPN guys. I sure as all shit wasn’t watching the yawner Cowboys Giants game.

Right hand to god, someone in the booth (it wasn’t ARod) actually said the Dodgers have the most talent in the MLB.

What? I live in some alternate universe where up is down.

But there you have it. Tampa Bay has a better record than the Dodgers. How many times do they play Boston and New York?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

Buster Olney and Baseball Tonight were floating the idea that aging Bruce Bochy might get cut loose and Dave Roberts might replace him.

Roberts played for the Giants and they know him well.

That’s gonna be an interesting series.

Everything is fine Druff.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    I was sweating my St Louis bet last night vs Dodgers

Watching Flamethrower Hicks and Molina is the best thing on television.

I think I was watching Sunday Night Baseball with ARod and the ESPN guys. I sure as all shit wasn’t watching the yawner Cowboys Giants game.

Right hand to god, someone in the booth (it wasn’t ARod) actually said the Dodgers have the most talent in the MLB.

What? I live in some alternate universe where up is down.

But there you have it. Tampa Bay has a better record than the Dodgers. How many times do they play Boston and New York?
    I couldn't believe that shit when I saw it...I knew that they were having a decent, TB like year, few games above 500 the last time I saw anything about them...they must be playing some fantastic ball lately...

you're totally right san with the BOS/NYY comment...this team is going to win 90 fucking games playing in that division with that payroll and nary an all star on the roster outside of snell...I mean I don't know how the fuck that is even possible...this whole opener thing they came up with...I mean it's fucking brilliant...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers just took 3/4 against the Cardinals in St. Louis.

You can't hate on them too much at this point.

They aren't the same team as last year, but no team in the NL is particularly good.

I don't understand Tampa Bay either.

The 3-game series starting tonight against the Rockies is a big deal for the Dodgers. Might be the determining factor as to which team wins the NL West.

Thread Information