Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL MLB 2018 Thread ***

Platinum
    Load Metric
    2 outs top of the 9th...I think san might be popping bottles right now...

Load Metric
    You don’t know the half of it

With news of Alexander coming in for Dodgers

8/14/2018 12:28:44 AM
    DESCRIPTION:
    SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS AT LOS ANGELES DODGERS [BATTER PROPS] WIN THE REST - (DODGERS 2 : GIANTS 1) GIANTS +500

Comments

big dick: vn

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

DESCRIPTION:
    SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS AT LOS ANGELES DODGERS [BATTER PROPS] WIN THE REST - (DODGERS 2 : GIANTS 1) GIANTS +500
    lol, I was wondering if you were fucking sick enough to pull this kinda shit...

shocked the price was this low...5:1 seems shitty...

Gold
    Load Metric

DESCRIPTION:
    Would love to see the Giants sweep the Dodgers. Nice bet.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    the last "plus plus 5 tool" OF to come up is my guy Byron Buxton, and he's already killing it as the best CF and best baserunner (https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/byro...erfect-season/) in the game, but the bat has been slow to develop. Acuna might have to have the bat be there right away, or else he's gonna be a replacement level guy in LF.

This post...

...It has not exactly aged well.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So since Jansen went out the Dodgers have lost 4 in a row, and 3 of those losses were in the 9th inning. Not a good sign.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

DESCRIPTION:
    lol, I was wondering if you were fucking sick enough to pull this kinda shit...

shocked the price was this low...5:1 seems shitty...
    Pretty astute GBCP. Here’s the story

Kershaw was like 110 pitches in after 8. The announcers spotted Alexander in the pen warming up. Alexander is a sinker slider guy and the Giants batters have great inside out swings. They knew what was coming and should feast and they did.

The live ML was taken down this late in the game. I now have a hard on and no way to relieve it except the 3 way “win the rest” which indeed has lousy odds like European soccer matches.

Faced with the prospect of priapism and a night of regret I took the +500. I still think I win that 2 out of 5 minimum.

On a side note, it’s like Kershaw read yesterday’s posts. Who was that guy last night? The truth is both Kershaw and Dave Roberts knew their bullpen sucked before and now Jansen was out so it was Kershaw or bust.

Kershaw 2018 negative units lured me in ... I don’t give a fuck how I get there with the Dodgers loss in his starts. It’s pretty much automatic and lucrative.

I don’t want to hear any crying about Jansen. If your whole season hinges on this one guy and you did shit to address relief then you are realizing the awfulness of the Dodgers nerd trust.

Amen

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...surgery-season

Kenley Jansen to get yet another heart surgery during the offseason.

You can be rich, famous, and a star athlete, but if you need 2 heart surgeries by age 31, you're not running all that well in life.

I'll be honest, I would be freaked out going into heart surgery, fearing that one small screwup and I'm not waking up (and I'll never know what happened).
    Doziers EKG came back abnormal now as well.

Your team may not have to choke it away they all might just die.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...surgery-season

Kenley Jansen to get yet another heart surgery during the offseason.

You can be rich, famous, and a star athlete, but if you need 2 heart surgeries by age 31, you're not running all that well in life.

I'll be honest, I would be freaked out going into heart surgery, fearing that one small screwup and I'm not waking up (and I'll never know what happened).

Death is better than the embarrassment that is sure to come.

Can you believe they are still like top 5 in the power rankings and that analyst Druff has them listed as best team in NL?

All the conventional know-it-alls are in for a rude shock.

Also, shout out to how quickly Machado adopted the Dodger 3 outcome approach to baseball. Strikeout/walk/HR. His strikeouts are unreal

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post

Death is better than the embarrassment that is sure to come.

Can you believe they are still like top 5 in the power rankings and that analyst Druff has them listed as best team in NL?

All the conventional know-it-alls are in for a rude shock.

Also, shout out to how quickly Machado adopted the Dodger 3 outcome approach to baseball. Strikeout/walk/HR. His strikeouts are unreal
    Well, in fairness they do seem to be one of the better 8 inning teams in baseball. If games were only 8 innings long the Dodgers would be something like 3-0-3 in their last 6 games instead of 0-6.

Load Metric
    Acuna crushing the ball. First pitch of the game Urena throws at him.

I don't mind that move at all, except that he did throw 97.5mph (fastest pitch to start game by him ever).

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

I don't mind that move at all, except that he did throw 97.5mph (fastest pitch to start game by him ever).

No problem with it. The other team has a right to try and back you off that’s part of the game. If he had thrown at his head well that’s a different story. People today really have become pansies.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

No problem with it. The other team has a right to try and back you off that’s part of the game. If he had thrown at his head well that’s a different story. People today really have become pansies.
    Hitting batters is part of the game and if rules ever tighten I will snap quit

My issue is that there was no cause. There was no beef between Acuna and Urena’s team. Acuna’s only crime was he is great.

What is interesting is that I think Mattingly told him to do it. Old school Yankee. I am sure it was him.

Glad the kid is alright. Death threats are a nuisance.

Load Metric
    Dodgers nerd trust having a successful season. They are on target to meet the luxury tax under. Friedman suffering a lot of criticism. His genius will be revealed later. The guy is willing to suffer for what’s right. Tip your cap.

They haven’t succumbed to conventional pressures like trying to win with their endless resources. Yankees and Red Sox have already done that but this is an advanced analytics age. Yanks & Sawks are dinosaurs. Dodgers know better.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    I got a big payday coming if the impossible happens:. Oakland winning the AL West.
    I'm actually rooting for you for a change
    gl

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post

My issue is that there was no cause. There was no beef between Acuna and Urena’s team. Acuna’s only crime was he is great.

What is interesting is that I think Mattingly told him to do it. Old school Yankee. I am sure it was him.

If it is Bumgarner throwing at a hot player on a rival NL West team fighting for the division that is fine.

But I have a problem when a shitty player on a shitty team is throwing at a good player on a playoff contender. That is just bush league to me and has no place in the game.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

If it is Bumgarner throwing at a hot player on a rival NL West team fighting for the division that is fine.

But I have a problem when a shitty player on a shitty team is throwing at a good player on a playoff contender. That is just bush league to me and has no place in the game.
    So you’re saying if you’re not in contention you should stop competing? Ridiculous.

Load Metric

Did Druff somehow think he would skate through this morning unnoticed?

Dodgers lose to Mariners in extra innings with walk-off balk

Champions look back on seasons filled with magical come from behind victories (Oakland?) and teams like the snake-bit Dodgers have different experiences.

I’m just doing my job.

How will Kershaw lose tonight? The potential is unlimited and the surprise is always rewarding. This is why we love sports.

MOBILE - MLB PLAYER FUTURES - REGULAR SEASON WINS BY PITCHER - CLAYTON KERSHAW (DODGERS) - UNDER +17½ WINS -140

When the truth is found
    To be lies
    And all the joy
    Within you dies

-Jefferson Airplane
    I swear some dumbass will still have the Dodgers listed as top 5 in the power rankings. That’s fine. That’s what makes Dodger hating socially acceptable. No one picks on the Padres. There’s no edge in that.

Cody Bellinger 2018 HR 20
    Last 30 games —-> 3

MOBILE - MLB PLAYER FUTURES - REGULAR SEASON HRS BY PLAYER - CODY BELLINGER (DODGERS) - UNDER +34½ HOME RUNS -115
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-19-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Load Metric
    that walkoff balk sure was a microcosm of both Seattle and the Dodgers seasons there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The balk was ridiculous, but Sanlmar is overlooking that the Dodgers came back from 4-1 deficit in the last 2 innings with 3 solo HR.

So that was encouraging.

Their bullpen still sucks.

Jansen is coming back next week, so things should improve ... a little.

Thread Information