Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL MLB 2018 Thread ***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Chipper Jones, Vladimir Guerrero, Jim Thome and Trevor Hoffman were elected to the HOF.

Also, Alan Trammell and Jack Morris (lol) were elected from the "modern era" ballot.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ooperstown-nod

I don't have a problem with any of these except Morris, who had a 3.90 ERA. Under no circumstances should that get you into the HOF.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Deadline moves heating up.

Hamels back to the NL as he joins the Cubs.

Cardinals finally admit they screwed up with Holland and let hiim go.

Adrusbal Cabrera is departing the Mets for.... the Phillies??

I remember the days when interdivisional trading was considered a huge no-no.

When the Red Sox and Yankees start making trades, I'll know hell has frozen over.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I don't have a problem with any of these except Morris, who had a 3.90 ERA. Under no circumstances should that get you into the HOF.
    If only regular seasons were more important than playoffs

10 inning shutout in game 7 of World Series. Twins Ace takes the World Series MVP & a ring.

There is no scenario on our planet Kershaw ever performs like that.

This is the HOF outside of LA

Comments

big dick: learn him
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-27-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

10 inning shutout in game 7 of World Series. Twins Ace takes the World Series MVP & a ring.

Then I suppose you support Pablo Sandoval being in Cooperstown once he retires.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I really would love to see the Dodgers grab a pitcher.

Not sure if Hamels would have been the answer, but I wouldn't have minded a deal for him.

Don't know why Dodgers shit the bed regarding Verlander last year. Cost them the World Series. They went for F Yu instead. (Then the Cubs stupidly fired on him, when it was clear it was the beginning of the end for him, lol!)

I still think it will be Dodgers/Cubs again in the NLCS.

Which will suck for ticket prices.

Load Metric

Then I suppose you support Pablo Sandoval being in Cooperstown once he retires.
    Morris as Twins Ace pitching a shutout to win 1-0 exceeds almost any batter’s contribution. It is a far bigger body of work in the game.

Pablo is another example of Red Sox stupidity (AL version of Dodgers). Pablo has a place reserved in hell.

Load Metric
    Sweating Angels Mariners 3-3

Caught +175 Angels live with Seattle baserunners on in previous inning.

The Angels color guy I think is Victor Rojas (son of Cookie Rojas). Ex pitcher. This guy is god. Better than Eckersley by quite a bit too

Guy sounds black and Victor Rojas is white.

Again, he’s god whoever he is

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sanlmar, you gotta give the Dodgers credit for getting Machado though, right?

I mean, I think they needed a front line pitcher for the postseason more than they need Machado, but Machado definitely won't hurt.

I felt they would win the NL West with our without Machado. Great starting pitching is pretty much the key to winning in the postseason. Way more important than the regular season where the starters pitch less frequently and you can grind out wins against crappy competition.

Anyway I didn't want to see the Dodgers shipping out top prospects who really seemed like they had a big future -- Seager, Bellinger, Urias (oops)... but now they basically have shit in the minors, so I don't care if they trade the remaining scrubs, even the so-called top prospects in the system.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    hear what you are saying with Cabrera and the phillies, but think he's a FA at the end of the year so the mets are trying to salvage any sorta return they can from that team...wouldn't be surprised to see them re-sign familia when he hits FA this year...

what a team the mets are...pitcher goes on the DL with hand and mouth disease and they lose probably their best OF to some strange ass heel thing that's gonna keep him out 8-10 months...if I were deGrom i'd be running like hell to get outta there...

Load Metric
    I am blown away by Machado trade. It brings some more heat to a potent lineup. It’s a bold move for the playoffs of the sort you don’t expect from Dodgers.

The conversation prior to Machado was Dodgers fail to act. I quoted it previously. I think the Baseball Tonight Podcast went off on Dodgers during an episode. It confirmed what I have been saying past 4years.

Oh, Angels win. Nice

The pitchers out there have been uninspiring. I have a feeling the Dodgers will act if something unexpectedly is available.

Of course, I see this as reactionary to prior failure to act. Greinke/Kershaw just needed a closer. Window is closing on Dodgers so take your shot.

Loved the Urias mention. Those were some great fades. I haven’t seen spots like that this year. It’s been a tough year. Playoffs can’t come fast enough.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    hear what you are saying with Cabrera and the phillies, but think he's a FA at the end of the year so the mets are trying to salvage any sorta return they can from that team...wouldn't be surprised to see them re-sign familia when he hits FA this year...

what a team the mets are...pitcher goes on the DL with hand and mouth disease and they lose probably their best OF to some strange ass heel thing that's gonna keep him out 8-10 months...if I were deGrom i'd be running like hell to get outta there...
    Cespedes is all done. Brutal. He’ll be an old man when he is finally “heeled” up.

I had two kids and until recently I never even heard of that foot/hand/mouth disease. Friend of mine caught it from a guy with a young kid. Guy looked like a leper and he was banned from work for weeks.

DeGrom would get you an amazing haul. Only Yankees can offer what it would take.

Load Metric
    Can't afford Cubs tickets anymore, but I did get this box for the Sox game last night. Just me and my "friend".

TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Nothing is ever free as you no doubt learned post game, PLOP

Were you with a bicurious Ricketts kid?

Very swank

Load Metric
    Nothing is ever free as you no doubt learned post game, PLOP

Were you with a bicurious Ricketts kid?

Very swank
    It's the White Sox' owners personal box. My bf knows the owner and he couldn't go to the game so we got the box to ourselves for free. Nothing beats the 7th inning BJ.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Moustakas to the Brewers.

Worst team in MLB just got even worse.

This is pretty big for the Brewers, and now they will give the Cubs a real run for the NL Central. I would be shocked if either the Brewers or Cubs miss the playoffs.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's what I think happens in the NL:

East: Phillies
    Central: Cubs
    West: Dodgers
    Wildcard #1: Brewers
    Wildcard #2: Diamondbacks

That's also where it stands at the moment. I think it will hold.

Load Metric

lets see how Cole plays for cubbies. Quintana was terrible today, Lester was dog shit his last start, Yu who?. Having just managed a winning season in little league but lost the first round of playoffs after my #3 pitcher broke his ankle the week before the game and my back ups walked the winning run, it all comes down to the health of a few guys.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

Cespedes is all done. Brutal. He’ll be an old man when he is finally “heeled” up.

I had two kids and until recently I never even heard of that foot/hand/mouth disease. Friend of mine caught it from a guy with a young kid. Guy looked like a leper and he was banned from work for weeks.

DeGrom would get you an amazing haul. Only Yankees can offer what it would take.
    ive always contended that mutant kid disease is a real thing...you see parents in the workplace get that shit and spread it like wildfire around and office...shit can knock you on your fucking ass for awhile too...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post

lets see how Cole plays for cubbies. Quintana was terrible today, Lester was dog shit his last start, Yu who?. Having just managed a winning season in little league but lost the first round of playoffs after my #3 pitcher broke his ankle the week before the game and my back ups walked the winning run, it all comes down to the health of a few guys.
    Cubs went on a gigantic run before the All Star break no surprise that they regress towards the mean a bit. I think they win 93-96 games and win the Division.

Hamels was a straight steal. Guy had a sub 3 ERA away from his home ballpark which is stupidly designed and no left handed pitcher should want to pitch there. Cubs paid $5 million and 3 nobodies (only one prospect who wasn’t even top 30 in their organization) for effectively 40% of the season and playoffs.

Cubs probably need Darvish back in order to have a chance to beat the Dodgers, he’s been at least pitching again so we will see in the next couple weeks as he ramps back up if that will work out or not.

Load Metric
    Bryce Harper is having a terrible year, batting .216 and on pace to have 190 strikeouts. He is still on pace to hit close to 40 home runs. It will be interesting to see if he get his $400M contract in the off season. He is looking for 10 years, $400 Million. I doubt he will get it, but I can see the Phillies giving him 10 years and $325 Million.

It will be also interesting to see if Clayton Kershaw opts out. He is having a very average year and is injured quite a bit lately. He has like $90 million left on his deal.

Thread Information