Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL MLB 2018 Thread ***

Platinum
    Load Metric
    wow robby cano busted 80 games for drugs...

Comments

Sanlmar: Robbie Cano, don't ya know?"

Load Metric
    Dodgers now on pace for 97 losses. Worst start since ‘58 when they moved to LA.

The o/u was 97 wins.

Druff watching Dodgers

Name:  856DAA85-2511-4E0C-A87C-A3CA647CE64A.jpeg
Views: 292
Size:  28.0 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Dodgers now on pace for 97 losses. Worst start since ‘58 when they moved to LA.

The o/u was 97 wins.

Druff watching Dodgers

Name:  856DAA85-2511-4E0C-A87C-A3CA647CE64A.jpeg
Views: 292
Size:  28.0 KB

Comments

Sanlmar: It warms my dark heart to see the Bellinger :clap morph from a positive to a fail GIF

Platinum
    Load Metric
    With the current fail-team maybe Dodger attendance/viewership numbers will plummet to the point that Spectrum will cave in to DirectTV and come to an agreement to broadcast the games. This is the time of the year when reality is setting in that basketball is almost over and football is a long way away. Dark times for a sports fan.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm about to give up on the 2018 Dodgers. Will still follow, but won't be watching every game like I did in previous years, nor will I be attending any more games for the time being.

At 16-26 (and currently on a 6-game losing streak against 2 horrible teams), they would only win 87 games if they were to go 71-49 (.592) the rest of the way.

So even if they recover and play like a 96-win team the rest of the way, they will only finish with 87 wins, which won't be enough for the 2nd wildcard this year.

ESPN projected the Dodgers to only have a 24.6% chance to make the playoffs, and that was 2 days ago before they lost the last two games.

If things don't turn around drastically very soon, it might be time to call 2018 a loss, and focus on their plan for 2019.

They will have a large amount of payroll flexibility very soon, so at least they haven't buried themselves like the Phillies circa 2010.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't understand the Manny Machado talk, though.

As a 2018 rental, he could work because Seager won't play in 2018.

But they aren't going to replace Seager long term, and they also aren't going to move Machado to 3B and replace Turner.

So where are they expecting to use him if they want to keep him beyond this year?

Load Metric
    Do all Dodger fans only care when they're good?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Do all Dodger fans only care when they're good?
    I have followed them all my life, but I admit that I'm not going to invest 3+ hours for 162 games if the team is going nowhere.

It also isn't fun watching when your team is getting clobbered day after day.

Load Metric
    Pretty sure on radio you said that Dodger fans don't even turn up for playoffs if they're down in the series and thats how you got cheap tickets. Not the world's best fanbase! Especially in baseball too where the variance for each game is so high. Maybe its just a baseball thing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Pretty sure on radio you said that Dodger fans don't even turn up for playoffs if they're down in the series and thats how you got cheap tickets. Not the world's best fanbase! Especially in baseball too where the variance for each game is so high. Maybe its just a baseball thing.
    It's not that they don't turn up.

Every playoff game sells out, and the Dodgers consistently have the top attendance in baseball (or if not the very top, very close to it).

I was stating on radio that the high prices on the secondary market for postseason games will go down when the Dodgers are down in the series. This is because the casual bandwagon fan is no longer as excited to go to the games, and therefore will not pay insane prices for the tickets. But the stadium will be full either way.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    dodgers might be shit this year, but this whole matt kemp resurgence thing is a nice little unexpected surprise...hes been my most consistent OF in my NL only league...

Load Metric
    Congress has the last word in DC and must have issued a stay of execution for the Dodgers.

Nationals Roarke, Scherzer, Strasburg vs 9 cans of gasoline that is Dodgers pitching. The Nationals pitchers have been idle longer than they would be during the All Star break.

You can’t avoid the hangman forever.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Red Sox dump Hanley Ramirez.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...hanley-ramirez

They did this because he would be vested for $22 million in 2019 if he got 497 plate appearances. He has 197 already. They decided to get rid of him early, so it doesn't look quite so petty (dumping him at 450 PA would have been really bad form).

They still owe him $15 million for 2018.

I actually hope the Dodgers pick him up off the scrap heap for the minimum if he gets released (which is probable, as his trade value is negative). He's the type of player who can get hot out of nowhere. For the minimum, you might as well take a shot.

I was happy when the Dodgers didn't re-sign him, and the Red Sox stupidly overpaid him. It was clear to me that he was on his way down. Oh, and LOL at the Pablo Sandoval contract. That guy was always so overrated.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

They did this because he would be vested for $22 million in 2019 if he got 497 plate appearances. He has 197 already. They decided to get rid of him early, so it doesn't look quite so petty (dumping him at 450 PA would have been really bad form).

I actually hope the Dodgers pick him up off the scrap heap for the minimum if he gets released (which is probable, as his trade value is negative). He's the type of player who can get hot out of nowhere. For the minimum, you might as well take a shot.

I was happy when the Dodgers didn't re-sign him, and the Red Sox stupidly overpaid him. It was clear to me that he was on his way down. Oh, and LOL at the Pablo Sandoval contract. That guy was always so overrated.
    Yep Dodgers have certainly proven they are more adapt at taking on large contracts than Red Sox. Oh by the way Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett, and Adrian Gonzalez say hi.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post

Yep Dodgers have certainly proven they are more adapt at taking on large contracts than Red Sox. Oh by the way Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett, and Adrian Gonzalez say hi.
    That was a dumb move but they had idiot Colletti at the helm with unlimited money to shoot off, so what can you expect?

The most idiotic thing about the Dodgers taking on those fail contracts was the fact that they had just signed Yasiel Puig, so they didn't even need an outfielder in Crawford. After this year, the Dodgers will finally be 100% out of that financial nightmare, as Gonzalez's contract (the final one) will expire.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post

That was a dumb move but they had idiot Colletti at the helm with unlimited money to shoot off, so what can you expect?

The most idiotic thing about the Dodgers taking on those fail contracts was the fact that they had just signed Yasiel Puig, so they didn't even need an outfielder in Crawford. After this year, the Dodgers will finally be 100% out of that financial nightmare, as Gonzalez's contract (the final one) will expire.
    Fair point and current Dodgers regime has proven to be a lot more disciplined in spending, likely to a fault this year. Still I'd rather be there then spending nine figures on a player that is a bad contract on day one and thus removing future flexibility to add pieces.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Dodgers suck but are only 3.5 back...NL west is a shit show

Load Metric

For years this picture and the common stupidity these teams practiced was excellent fun.

Name:  8A937E36-4D05-4A55-A635-8F2DF0FEC536.jpeg
Views: 429
Size:  43.0 KB

Say what you will about Hanley but he has been pretty darn good come post season and the Dodgers not so much. The NL West is still (as it has always been) mediocre at best. Hanley will go to Rockies. Whatever.

Lately, it’s been the moves the Dodgers didn't make (VERLANDER) vs the moves the Red Sox did make (Ramirez, Sandoval)

Red Sox fired the fool who made those trades. The owner has chosen to muzzle himself. The idiot President & CEO Larry Lucchino was exiled. I believe the Red Sox know their window is closing and their fan base demands WIN NOW.

Edit:
    Sawks also fired their idiot manager Farrell too. They HAVE taken multiple corrective actions unlike the Dodgers.

The Red Sox haven’t really done anything dumb lately except failing to lock up Mookie Betts. Agents and money might never have allowed it but the Sawks never really made a serious offer. Price contract was pretty dumb.

Why the Dodgers never went for the gold is the legacy of their fail.

I am kinda late coming to the opinion that when constructing the blame pie for the Dodgers fail Friedman & Zaidi are less to blame than ownership. They were told not to spend and they didn’t. That is not to say Friedman/Zaidi possess any great skills or insights that are being held back. It’s just more of an ownership issue.

It was fun to lump the Dodgers and Sawks together as two big money stupid teams but that meme is running out of steam. The Dodgers have taken sole possession of the crown. Was fun.

I believe the Yankees collect another starter and take the East. They are sooo deep with young excess talent. Sawks have middle relief and starter issues. JD Martinez prolly gets hurt as he always does.

Why you haven’t jumped on the Angels bus is a mystery, Druff
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 05-27-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...s-interference

Apparently there is a possibility this is legal (at least according to Madden and Rizzo)? I am only a causal baseball plan but if it is even possible you could interpret the rules to justify sliding into the back of a catchers legs when you were out before you even started your slide then those rules need to be clarified ASAP. That is just retarded and LOL baseball.

Thread Information