Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL MLB 2018 Thread ***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL MLB 2018 Thread ***

Dodgers seemingly always play (and beat) the Giants, because Kershaw.

Kershaw shut them down again, made one small solo HR mistake, but the offense was asleep.

1-0 final

Ugh

Hopefully this isn't a preview of life without Turner.

Top 5 spots in lineup were 0/17.

Honestly the team will be in a bit of trouble if Bellinger and Taylor regress. Both had decent springs though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also Carlos Martinez looks broken. Not sure what's wrong.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    This thread is useless. 2018 is the year of the Jankees.

Letss goooooo.....

Load Metric
    My poor Tigers...
    HILLARY WON

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    My poor Tigers...
    I am a homer but also a realist. The Tigers will suck but maybe not as bad as the projections are.

For years the Tigers stacked the lineup with big bats who were slow and couldn't do much else, which is bad playing in a ballpark like Comerica.

This is the fastest Tigers team in a while (besides Cabrera and VMart) who could manufacture some runs with speed.

Pitching could be a struggle but with Gardenhire as the new skipper wtf knows?

It will probably take a few years to build a salary cutting team into being competitive though.

They will struggle this season but I would have bet the over wins amount in the mid 60s versus the under if I was forced to. I don't like a book holding on to my money for 6 months so I don't do any season bets.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    My poor Tigers...
    I am a homer but also a realist. The Tigers will suck but maybe not as bad as the projections are.

For years the Tigers stacked the lineup with big bats who were slow and couldn't do much else, which is bad playing in a ballpark like Comerica.

This is the fastest Tigers team in a while (besides Cabrera and VMart) who could manufacture some runs with speed.

Pitching could be a struggle but with Gardenhire as the new skipper wtf knows?

It will probably take a few years to build a salary cutting team into being competitive though.

They will struggle this season but I would have bet the over wins amount in the mid 60s versus the under if I was forced to. I don't like a book holding on to my money for 6 months so I don't do any season bets.
    Lol, enjoy Gardy. He's probably trying to talk Nick Punto out of retirement to come be a scrappy hustle guy again and slide into first base.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Kershaw shut them down again, made one small solo HR mistake, but the offense was asleep.
    Did you watch the game?

Kershaw allowed multiple baserunners in the first, third and fourth innings,

Shut them down? Kershaw pitched his way around trouble.

He looked ok from 5th on.

Fastball 90-91. You and I both know things are changing with him. Can he adjust? He probably will. CC Sabathia will be a great role model for him. That will be the conversation this summer.

Let’s reign in the Kershaw hyperbole. Be ready to accept that once again he might not be the best pitcher on his own staff.

Ironical that JSearles’ boy, Cueto, took it down. Me and Sizzle have a Cueto history. Suffice it to say he has my money.

Name:  1837D668-FF6C-4EB4-BD49-3F2174F565AA.jpeg
Views: 848
Size:  1.82 MB

Comments

big dick: great post
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-30-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Load Metric
    cubs loss tonight was the worst possible way to lose so early in a season

least the dodgers are 0 and 2

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Panik for MVP
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Silver
    Load Metric
    Probably a moon landing but there is a fun free app from MLB.com called Beat the Streak. You pick up to 2 players per day who you think will get a hit. Be the first to get to 57 games and win $5.6 million. If your streak ends you can begin a new one the next day.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Did you watch the game?

Kershaw allowed multiple baserunners in the first, third and fourth innings,

Shut them down? Kershaw pitched his way around trouble.

He looked ok from 5th on.

Fastball 90-91. You and I both know things are changing with him. Can he adjust? He probably will. CC Sabathia will be a great role model for him. That will be the conversation this summer.

Let’s reign in the Kershaw hyperbole. Be ready to accept that once again he might not be the best pitcher on his own staff.

Ironical that JSearles’ boy, Cueto, took it down. Me and Sizzle have a Cueto history. Suffice it to say he has my money.

Name:  1837D668-FF6C-4EB4-BD49-3F2174F565AA.jpeg
Views: 848
Size:  1.82 MB
    Name:  EAD53D99-CB69-4491-BE06-B18CEEB8C3A9.jpeg
Views: 860
Size:  193.5 KB
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sanlmar, Cueto isn't a KC guy.

He was briefly on the Royals, and didn't pitch well, likely due to failing to adjust to the AL DH situation. Many NL-to-AL pitchers suffer from that malady.

I actually have a lot of respect for Cueto. Very underrated pitcher. Sucked last year, but was excellent from 2011-2016. He probably bounces back in 2018. Might draft him in my upcoming fantasy draft on Saturday, provided that he doesn't get too expensive.

Not sure why Sanlmar hates on Kershaw, aside from his odd hatred of the Dodgers. You won't find a better regular season pitcher in this generation. Postseason hasn't been good, but also hasn't been as bad as the rhetoric (rederick?) has been.

Dodgers starting pitching has looked good thus far. 2 runs allowed in first 3 games. The offense might be problematic while Turner is out.

And the less Utley picks up a bat, the better.

Dodgers/Giants on ESPN now, btw.

Load Metric
    So excited baseball is back, even though my home team will suck for a few years. I went to opening day and had a blast, got drunk as fuck, good times. We almost came back in the 9th and won, but did not.

Load Metric
    Not feeling my Ohtani fade.... kid looked ok today

Load Metric

Not sure why Sanlmar hates on Kershaw, aside from his odd hatred of the Dodgers. You won't find a better regular season pitcher in this generation. Postseason hasn't been good, but also hasn't been as bad as the rhetoric (rederick?) has been.
    etter.
    Geez Druff, I am well aware of Cueto. He beat the Dodgers the other day and there was the history of your “Royals are the poor man’s Dodgers” squabble with Sizzle which was a prelude to the Royals World Series victory.

It was a thin play but it amused me

I have selflessly dedicated a fair amount of my life trying to explain the Dodgers and Kershaw. Hope trumps logic and I am understanding and patient

This allegory might help:
    The Patriots occupy the dreadful AFC East. This division has been awful the length of the Patriots dynasty

If Tom Brady racked up division championships and huge regular season numbers but failed in the playoffs he wouldn’t be married to Giselle. He would still be thought of as a pretty good quarterback though.

Fact is Brady is pretty damn clutch against the best competition in the playoffs. He’s a lot like Bumgarner if you don’t follow the NFL.

Similarly, the Dodgers and Kershaw have occupied a dreadful NL West and take down the division regularly. Conversely, Kershaw has failed in the playoffs against the better teams who are more focused and prepared for the longer series.

One or two failures might be written off as variance but the body of work grows and is consistently unimpressive

Interestingly, the NL West has turned around. If the Giants were healthy it would be at the top of the heap. The Dodgers and Kershaw have an opportunity to impress me this year.

We will see. It’s not too late for Kershaw.

Comments

big dick: .

jsearles22: Druff is a dipshit rep
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-01-2018 at 11:22 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

etter.
    Geez Druff, I am well aware of Cueto. He beat the Dodgers the other day and there was the history of your “Royals are the poor man’s Dodgers” squabble with Sizzle which was a prelude to the Royals World Series victory.

It was a thin play but it amused me

I have selflessly dedicated a fair amount of my life trying to explain the Dodgers and Kershaw. Hope trumps logic and I am understanding and patient

This allegory might help:
    The Patriots occupy the dreadful AFC East. This division has been awful the length of the Patriots dynasty

If Tom Brady racked up division championships and huge regular season numbers but failed in the playoffs he wouldn’t be married to Giselle. He would still be thought of as a pretty good quarterback though.

Fact is Brady is pretty damn clutch against the best competition in the playoffs. He’s a lot like Bumgarner if you don’t follow the NFL.

Similarly, the Dodgers and Kershaw have occupied a dreadful NL West and take down the division regularly. Conversely, Kershaw has failed in the playoffs against the better teams who are more focused and prepared for the longer series.

One or two failures might be written off as variance but the body of work grows and is consistently unimpressive

Interestingly, the NL West has turned around. If the Giants were healthy it would be at the top of the heap. The Dodgers and Kershaw have an opportunity to impress me this year.

We will see. It’s not too late for Kershaw.
    HIs body is clearly starting to break down, as you can tell by all the injuries the last couple years. And he has lost some speed on his fastball. He might be like Verlander and still be pretty good into his mid 30s, but his days as an elite pitcher are probably numbered if not done already.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I watched some of the ESPN game as that is the only chance I have to watch the Dodgers because of the Time Warner fail thing. Was interesting to note that all the guys the Giants picked up in the offseason to improve their hitting are all batting 0 right now. Could be a problem if this continues.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...d-vs-shift-9th

You can't make this shit up. The Twins are doing a shift and then they get mad at a player from the team that is behind for bunting into the open area. How about don't do the shift. It is very hypocritical they are employing a strategy to maximize their chance of getting the batter out, and then get mad at him for employing a counter strategy.

Baseball unwritten rules are really stupid, especially in blowout situations. The team that is ahead gets mad if the team that is behind tries and the team that his behind gets mad if the winning team tries. Seems the only solution is just to call the game if one team gets ahead by 5 runs. Otherwise what is the point of playing if the other team gets mad and claims you are violating some unwritten rule if you actually try at that point.

Load Metric
    Verm

Anything that promotes rivalry or anger between professional sports teams - no matter how stupid of trivial - needs to be encouraged and respected.

Please reconsider your position

Load Metric
    I hate the shift and wish it was banned
    Last edited by big dick; 04-02-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Thread Information