Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the consensus on how much Antonio (and other tourney pros) had on himself?

Platinum
    Load Metric

What is the consensus on how much Antonio (and other tourney pros) had on himself?

I know there is a humungous thread on 2+2 discussing this, but I am not gonna sift through thousands of posts of crap to find the corn in that thread.

Anyone who is following this discussion care to give a brief synopsis.

I assume that Guy put a lot of these guys (including Antonio?) in and probably the only people who had their own $$ were the rich fishies.

Either that, or maybe the whole tourney was fake and for publicity. I really don't know.

Load Metric
    A couple of guys luckboxed into staking deals that saw them with "reportedly" 50% of themselves: Mike Sexton and Sam Trickett. Even Negreanu and Hellmuth had only a small percentage of himself according to the different reports I've seen across the Internet.

My feeling is that it all depends on their markup. If antonio was selling at 1.2 he likely had 20-25% of himself. If he managed to procure a couple of 1.3-1.5 markups he may have had significantly more. Based on the life-changing way he reacted my guess is he won around $5 million, so my guess is he had about 1/3 or so of himself. I know Dan Bilzerian had good chunks of Antonio, Rast, and a third unnamed player in the field (benba perhaps) and I'm sure Rast and Antonio exchanged pieces.

At 1.2 Antonio could have sold the full million and still had about 20% of himself; if he put up $100k of his own money and sold 900k at 1.2 he was looking at about 1/3. My gut feeling says he sold a couple good chunks with a big markup and then pieced out the rest at 1.0-1.2 to other poker players.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    A couple of guys luckboxed into staking deals that saw them with "reportedly" 50% of themselves: Mike Sexton and Sam Trickett. Even Negreanu and Hellmuth had only a small percentage of himself according to the different reports I've seen across the Internet.

My feeling is that it all depends on their markup. If antonio was selling at 1.2 he likely had 20-25% of himself. If he managed to procure a couple of 1.3-1.5 markups he may have had significantly more. Based on the life-changing way he reacted my guess is he won around $5 million, so my guess is he had about 1/3 or so of himself. I know Dan Bilzerian had good chunks of Antonio, Rast, and a third unnamed player in the field (benba perhaps) and I'm sure Rast and Antonio exchanged pieces.

At 1.2 Antonio could have sold the full million and still had about 20% of himself; if he put up $100k of his own money and sold 900k at 1.2 he was looking at about 1/3. My gut feeling says he sold a couple good chunks with a big markup and then pieced out the rest at 1.0-1.2 to other poker players.
    I was under the impression a lot of these guys sold at even money or 1.1 and saw Harablous say most of the pro players in this event had about 15 % of themselves

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

I was under the impression a lot of these guys sold at even money or 1.1 and saw Harablous say most of the pro players in this event had about 15 % of themselves
    I thought so at first too, but I've been hearing conflicting thigs, and once i saw Bilzerian's Twitter say "his two horses at the final table" (paraphrasing) the possibility of them having a much higher percentage was suddenly not so crazy --I still don't think he had more than 1/3 though, and even 25% is a big fucking score.

It wouldn't be crazy to think that Blitz bought up 50% of each of them at 1.3

Load Metric
    Its also quite likely that several guys were swapping large amounts to reduce variance.

Load Metric
    Antonio sold at face value. It's listed on his twitter. If you read the original one drop thread I have a break down for the approximation of what Antonio had of himself. It ranges between 40-60%. He easily took down at least 8 mil before taxes.

Load Metric
    Oh brother, pasha is probably galloping around vegas with whores galore proclaiming to everyone within earshot "THAT'S MY BRO!!!!!" as if he'd won the damned thing himself.

Anyway, props to Antonio. He's a cool dude, he was def due for a big one. It's been how long since his WPT win? Two lifetimes or three? I can never remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    Antonio sold at face value. It's listed on his twitter. If you read the original one drop thread I have a break down for the approximation of what Antonio had of himself. It ranges between 40-60%. He easily took down at least 8 mil before taxes.
    I was going to give you shit for acting like you know something about Antonio to be fact, then I read your (lol) source being twitter, and realized you actually believe you know shit, which I find amusing.

Please never change, not EVER.

i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There is also a possibility out of the 40-60 % he had, some of that could have been sold off as well.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    I was going to give you shit for acting like you know something about Antonio to be fact, then I read your (lol) source being twitter, and realized you actually believe you know shit, which I find amusing.

Dude...mike, you are the epitome of rock bottom. You are 30 something living with your mommy, broke, lazy, and destined to impress some efriends you think you have. You are a complete waste to society.

You are in no position to even think about talking shit about anyone else.

Please change, SOON. Give that hole digging in the Dakotas a shot...dumbfuck

Load Metric

Yeah because the source being the person we're discussing is such a horrible source.

When he bought in, and there's a photo of his receipt, there was about 460K bank transfer and 540K in chips (46%-54% depending on which was his). We all know him and Rast swapped 2% of each other. He started selling on twitter at face value, and sold out in less than 24 hours.

He also stated on twitter that he had a huge bit of himself. A lot of people on 2p2 have been confirming that Antonio had a huge chunk of himself.

Load Metric
    I was reading reports on 2p2 that he had anywhere between 46% and 80% of himself.

An interview with pokernews showed him registering was a rather spur of the moment thing, and there is a receipt that shows a 460,000 bank wire and the other 540,000 was in chips, which can indicate the low end of the 46%.

http://yfrog.com/nt1tvzxj

He did sell at face value

he also stated that he was selling shares at a minimum of 1%

Antonio Esfandiari ‏@MagicAntonio
    @kdhelper min buy 1 perc so sure.
    one guy offered 100k but he never got it and he sold out his shares he wanted within 24 hours:

SIKMO ‏@SiKMOpoker
    @MagicAntonio-->Inbox Me-->$100,000K NoProblem-->Let's Smoke Em!!!!
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    24 Jun Antonio Esfandiari ‏@MagicAntonio
    @SiKMOpoker ship me a hunji u got it buddy. I'm at Rio all day everyday.
    SIKMO ‏@SiKMOpoker
    @MagicAntonio You Never Got Back 2 Me Concerning That Hunji! Still Willing 2 Send it Your Way-->"You Can Just Blow It"-->My #1PokerPro!
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    27 Jun Antonio Esfandiari ‏@MagicAntonio
    @SiKMOpoker sold out budd but ty
    Someone on twitter later asked how much of himself he has:

Joe Madden ‏@JoeMadden2011
    @MagicAntonio Did you actually drop $1 Million to play in 'One Drop' or do sponsors help out with the pay for you pros? That's alotta dough.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    30 Jun Antonio Esfandiari ‏@MagicAntonio
    @JoeMadden2011 I sold some pieces but I have a lot of my dough invested as well.
    I predict the guy probably had between 40-50% of himself. I know 2% eventually went to Rast and I've read a few places that Tilly and Phil bought 10% of him. I don't know if he did any other swaps or so on, but the buy in ticket leads me to believe he had to have had at least 40%.

Load Metric
    I kind of lumped twitter in with wikipedia, apparently twitter is genuinely serious business for certain info.

My mistake.

Load Metric

Mike, can you please stop treating this forum like your life and fucking it up every chance you get?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Antonio Esfandiari paid for the $1 million dollar buy-in with $540,000 in chips and a wire transfer for $460,000.

People were giving him chips for the buy-in at the Rio.

I would say maybe he had 30% of himself maximum and if takes advantage of every tax loophole, he's paying about 25% in taxes.

Maybe Antonio makes about $4.5 million after he pays off everyone, after he's finished partying, a couple of years from now Antonio will be begging for stakes again.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Antonio Esfandiari paid for the $1 million dollar buy-in with $540,000 in chips and a wire transfer for $460,000.

People were giving him chips for the buy-in at the Rio.

I would say maybe he had 30% of himself maximum and if takes advantage of every tax loophole, he's paying about 25% in taxes.

Maybe Antonio makes about $4.5 million after he pays off everyone, after he's finished partying, a couple of years from now Antonio will be begging for stakes again.

i don't think antonio has had to beg for stakes pretty much ever. his story revolves around crushing mid stakes games for thousands of dollars. he also owns a business now.

Load Metric
    The thing is you don't know if this was the tail-end or the beginning of stakes. Before he went to Twitter I'm sure he sold to poeple he knows. If he raised $400k before going public it was probably at a markup. So then he used Twitter to finish off the sale.

Not saying I know he had 30% (he may have had 60% for all I know) but it seems unlikely that all of the funding came from even-money sales on Twitter

Load Metric
    The thing is you don't know if this was the tail-end or the beginning of stakes. Before he went to Twitter I'm sure he sold to poeple he knows. If he raised $400k before going public it was probably at a markup. So then he used Twitter to finish off the sale.

Not saying I know he had 30% (he may have had 60% for all I know) but it seems unlikely that all of the funding came from even-money sales on Twitter
    he's stated in multiple interviews that it was spur of the moment. he had nothing lined up 2 days before he reg'd.

Load Metric

he's stated in multiple interviews that it was spur of the moment. he had nothing lined up 2 days before he reg'd.
    I think its pretty unlikely he had around 40% plus of himself, the evidence youve given doesnt really prove anything. Of that receipt someone could easily have bought pieces already. Hes keeping the amount a secret, we are all just guessing but I really dont believe he had the roll to buy in for $400,000-$600,000 of himself, very very few poker pros do.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I actually thought that Guy himself probably put a lot of the players in. Looks like it was more people selling pieces of themselves on the open market place (or maybe that was just for Antonio).

Thread Information