Thread: Make Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars A Month...Playing Video Games???

Load Metric

Make Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars A Month...Playing Video Games???

Tyler 'Ninja' Blevins explains how he makes more than $500,000 a month playing video game ‘Fortnite’

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/03/19/...-fortnite.html

How many of these assholes like PewDiePie and this guy with blue hair are making a fortune playing video games on Twitch and YouTube?

Load Metric
    there is a great article somewhere out there where they break down the actual net vs gross and believe me, most of these cats aint flossing.

for one, youtube rakes 55% or something, on top of which the taxes take a massive share of the rest.

and most of the superstar club have to basically pay someone to produce their shit, because they are too busy generating the content for their channels to add cutesy sound effects and do the video editing.

so you start with 1mn a year. that turns into 450k after youtube. that turns into like 250k after taxes. then they pay 50k to a producer, minimum. so thats 200k.

which seems great and all but its stripper money.

what job do you get in a year or two when no one gives a fuck how many head shots you land in CS:4? how do you explain years of gap on that resume?

so yeah, all that glitters etc etc.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    there is a great article somewhere out there where they break down the actual net vs gross and believe me, most of these cats aint flossing.

for one, youtube rakes 55% or something, on top of which the taxes take a massive share of the rest.

and most of the superstar club have to basically pay someone to produce their shit, because they are too busy generating the content for their channels to add cutesy sound effects and do the video editing.

so you start with 1mn a year. that turns into 450k after youtube. that turns into like 250k after taxes. then they pay 50k to a producer, minimum. so thats 200k.

which seems great and all but its stripper money.

what job do you get in a year or two when no one gives a fuck how many head shots you land in CS:4? how do you explain years of gap on that resume?

so yeah, all that glitters etc etc.
    This is Twitch so if they say he makes 500k a month that is after Twitch has got their cut which they get from his subscriptions and a bulk share of ads that get blasted to viewers when they don't have ad blocker and start a stream up unless they have Twitch Turbo or Prime.

I didn't watch this but that may or may not include sponsorship revenue.

Sure he has the taxes, video editor, and whatever else but at 6 mil a year gross he's still going to walk away with a lot of money doing something he enjoys, which is good live EV.

These guys definitely should milk it for all it's worth while they can and save/invest the majority because who knows how long it will last? Some streamers have a 6 month shelf life while others have been around for years.

Save that money and set themselves up for years is the play but most of them are young kids who will piss it all away.

Comments

sonatine: point taken

MumblesBadly: Also, taxes are owed on net (after paying a producer), not gross.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    yeah read about this guy...forget how many subs he has on twitch, but id be willing to bet that instead of getting the standard $2.50/sub (50% of the monthly sub fee), he's probably dragging in around $3-3.50 per sub...PLUS there's donations during the stream because if you're supporting the guy with a $5/month sub fee might the fuck as well give him more money...those donations aren't chump change either and I THINK (could be wrong) that donations don't get raked by twitch like they do by youtube...also don't know if this guy has it (guessing he might) they have tiered subs on twitch as well, which are the standard $5 ones and then $25 ones...

SS probably knows the ins and outs of twitch shit so hopefully he'll post what he knows...

Load Metric
    how do i subscribe to the twitch channel where we watch sonatine set his lineups that lost to sidedish LITERALLY I WILL PAY TO SEE TO THIS

Load Metric
    was there a gravy accident did you purchance spill mashed potatos on ur phone how did this happen tonight

Load Metric
    like lost to sidefish by 20 points really reaaaaaaaalllly?

Load Metric
    i obviously won but sonatine coming in dead last to sidefishes return to the ring marrrrrrrrrone

Load Metric
    SERIOUSLY ITS BAD.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So I wanted to see what the hype is all about.

I went to this guys channel and sat in there for maybe 4 minutes watching the chat seeing he got I'd guess 60 to 80 subscribers within that time and at least another $100 in bit cheer donations.

He is definitely crushing it and having his chat set to sub only makes people have to pay a few bucks to troll him which is a smart move.

I have no comment on his stream or his personality because I was barely paying attention. If enough people pay for something whether you want to laugh about it or not they have a market so you can't knock his hustle.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    So I wanted to see what the hype is all about.

I went to this guys channel and sat in there for maybe 4 minutes watching the chat seeing he got I'd guess 60 to 80 subscribers within that time and at least another $100 in bit cheer donations.

He is definitely crushing it and having his chat set to sub only makes people have to pay a few bucks to troll him which is a smart move.

I have no comment on his stream or his personality because I was barely paying attention. If enough people pay for something whether you want to laugh about it or not they have a market so you can't knock his hustle.
    that's fucking insanity...especially if there is no rake on that...

Load Metric
    also just to throw the feeler out there the winning score in the skatz nba contest 238 the winning scores in the main tournaments 360 so please come join us

Thread Information