Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Druff's preschool follies

Load Metric
    I can see what the entire problem here was:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I found this problem myself in the 2010s. The 1 or 2 well rated preschools in the area were booked solid with a waiting list a mile long, and the rest of them ranged between mediocre to horrible.
    Why? Because any decent parent starts looking for preschool well before the baby is born. Hell. Conceived, even!

Name:  56D7570D-5427-455F-9D01-F56DF228FB39.gif
Views: 338
Size:  812.4 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    65 cold? You soft twats.

Comments

wrenchjockey: this
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Enjoy reading stuff like this.

If you aren't already, you should dump all of these kind of posts into the same place so they can be easily found without having to dig.

Blog or Locked sub-forum or something. (In addition to making normal thread for discussion)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I did the preschool/day care thing. No problems. No stories. Dropped him off in the morning, picked him up in the afternoon. What exactly happened during that time period I don't even know. But nobody died. So good enough I guess.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I also enjoy reading these stories. I have a lot of family members that are high maintenance like this. A lot of Los Angeles Jews are high maintenance like this. My own sister is the worst. Me and my wife are actually scared to go out to eat dinner with her because she is so high maintenance and pushy with the staff we are always scared they are gonna get pissed and fuck with our food.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Name:  JaR4k_f-thumbnail-100-0_s-600x0.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  224.3 KB
    jk interesting story
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 03-21-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

I found this problem myself in the 2010s. The 1 or 2 well rated preschools in the area were booked solid with a waiting list a mile long, and the rest of them ranged between mediocre to horrible.
    Why? Because any decent parent starts looking for preschool well before the baby is born. Hell. Conceived, even!

This is the type of post I'd consider for a red rep but in this case it's incredibly true.

Load Metric
    Lolz daycares and preschools. 2 stories that I remember, which then led me to work nights and hire in a babysitter a couple days while I slept.

Kid was around 3. I went to pick her up early. They were outside on the playground. It was 40 degrees and my kid didnt have a coat on. Asked the retard worker where my kids coat was at. She replied she didnt want to wear it. Almost killed that bitch.

Was asked to stay after one day at another place. She was 4 ish. They sat me down and said they wanted my kid tested for autism because she tended to play by herself alot. I told them the other kids must be too retarded for her. Never took her back there.

My kid is now a high school teacher. Was very involved throughout school and had alot of friends. Beware of assholes that try to label children. I am very much against this label mentality and asshole interventions that squash individuality and teach you that you are not good enough being yourself. The system sucks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

This is the type of post I'd consider for a red rep but in this case it's incredibly true.
    yup, my kid's kindergarten was a three year process and hard as fuck to get into. I had friends come to me months before kindergarten year was about to start, asking if they should send their kids to our school. I had to contain the eye rolling and sarcasm. WTF, you have to get all over that shit. Yes its ridiculous, yes as an adult I feel like a fool for having to jockey into these schools three years in advance, but the alternative is so mediocre as Druff said, you have no choice.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    65 cold? You soft twats.
    Feel the same I like it at about 67-68. Hate when people go higher.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Enjoy reading stuff like this.

If you aren't already, you should dump all of these kind of posts into the same place so they can be easily found without having to dig.

Blog or Locked sub-forum or something. (In addition to making normal thread for discussion)
    Why not take it one step further and self publish a book entitled "Druff Tales".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not understanding the "65 is fine" posts.

Yes, there are some people who prefer cooler indoor temperatures. However, that's not the norm.

You know all those complaints from everyone that the Rio is "freezing" at night once the room empties? The temperature is probably around 65.

Cold is a thing that builds up on you, to where walking outdoors in 65 degrees is fine, but sitting in a 65 degree room all day will feel cold unless you're one of those unusual people who loves cold rooms.

Anyway, this is a silly thing to argue because California state law actually forbids a 65 degree preschool (by 3 degrees, which is a lot), and the teacher and all the kids were wearing heavy jackets while INDOORS.

Clearly no one was comfortable there, and I wasn't just being an anal Jew about the rules or laws.

Comments

MumblesBadly: That cheap bitch just didn’t want to pay to properly heat the place!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I also enjoy reading these stories. I have a lot of family members that are high maintenance like this. A lot of Los Angeles Jews are high maintenance like this. My own sister is the worst. Me and my wife are actually scared to go out to eat dinner with her because she is so high maintenance and pushy with the staff we are always scared they are gonna get pissed and fuck with our food.
    This one wasn't about being high maintenance. As I mentioned, I purposely try NOT to complain at schools because I don't want them taking things out on Benjamin, and that includes preschools.

In the first story, the school was clearly full of major issues, and I actually watched a child in Benjamin's class fall down 8 feet because no one was watching her or gave a shit (among the other weird problems there). I'm sure there's no way you'd leave your 18-month-old at such a school.

In the second story, they were willingly violating state law regarding the temperature, to the point where the teacher and students were all sitting indoors with heavy jackets. Why? Either because the owner was cheap, or because the director just personally liked it cold, and thrusted that preference upon all the students. (Believe it or not, I think it was the latter.)

Given that she lied to me about fixing the problem and let it continue for more than a month, while everyone sat there freezing, I also doubt you would have wanted your kids there.

I think some people here want to automatically dismiss my "customer service" type stories as me being a difficult or pushy Jew, simply because I'm the one posting them.

I think anyone sane would conclude that both of these preschools were awful.

Also note that I sent Benjamin to a third one for more than a year, and never had any problems there. So it's not a situation where I'm just going to find a gripe wherever I go.

I should also note that I haven't complained about anything to any of Benjamin's elementary school teachers.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Lolz daycares and preschools. 2 stories that I remember, which then led me to work nights and hire in a babysitter a couple days while I slept.

Kid was around 3. I went to pick her up early. They were outside on the playground. It was 40 degrees and my kid didnt have a coat on. Asked the retard worker where my kids coat was at. She replied she didnt want to wear it. Almost killed that bitch.

Was asked to stay after one day at another place. She was 4 ish. They sat me down and said they wanted my kid tested for autism because she tended to play by herself alot. I told them the other kids must be too retarded for her. Never took her back there.

My kid is now a high school teacher. Was very involved throughout school and had alot of friends. Beware of assholes that try to label children. I am very much against this label mentality and asshole interventions that squash individuality and teach you that you are not good enough being yourself. The system sucks.
    Actually I just realized I went to 4 preschools, not 3.

The first one just left the kids on the curb to be picked up, with no supervision. Not kidding.

So my mom pulled up to pick up her 2-year-old on the first day, and I'm just sitting there on the curb with a few other kids and zero adults present.

Even in 1974 this was outrageous. She went in, yelled at them, demanded her money back, and moved me to a different school.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Druff,

Montessori school for-the-win...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Druff,

Montessori school for-the-win...
    Those are booked up way in advance.

Anyway, Ben is 7 and I have no other kids, so this is something I'm already way past.

Load Metric
    Is socialization the main reason people enroll kids that young in preschool? Just seems like you’d have 50iq points on any preschool teacher and appear to have a flexible schedule. My mother was stay at home mom and had me reading novels by 4. She’s smart, but I’d be surprised if you weren’t considerably smarter, and certainly more vested in his success.

I’m in the prefer house at 62-65 camp, but if state law dictates 68, then clearly they have a reason. That first one seems like a death trap. I would have been out of there straight away also.

Preschools strike me as a place that would have a totally hit or miss staff. Some great people who love kids and enjoy it, and a number who are frustrated they are stuck in that vocation. Seems like it would be hard to find one with a totally solid and cohesive staff.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Is socialization the main reason people enroll kids that young in preschool? Just seems like you’d have 50iq points on any preschool teacher and appear to have a flexible schedule. My mother was stay at home mom and had me reading novels by 4. She’s smart, but I’d be surprised if you weren’t considerably smarter, and certainly more vested in his success.

I’m in the prefer house at 62-65 camp, but if state law dictates 68, then clearly they have a reason. That first one seems like a death trap. I would have been out of there straight away also.

Preschools strike me as a place that would have a totally hit or miss staff. Some great people who love kids and enjoy it, and a number who are frustrated they are stuck in that vocation. Seems like it would be hard to find one with a totally solid and cohesive staff.
    Yeah. I never felt any of the preschool teachers my son had were great, but when you have the perspective that these are people probably getting paid $15/hr without benefits you have to have realistic expectations. There are high end preschools where you pay $40k/yr and my expectations would be higher. But I wasn't in that world.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    This one wasn't about being high maintenance. As I mentioned, I purposely try NOT to complain at schools because I don't want them taking things out on Benjamin, and that includes preschools.

In the first story, the school was clearly full of major issues, and I actually watched a child in Benjamin's class fall down 8 feet because no one was watching her or gave a shit (among the other weird problems there). I'm sure there's no way you'd leave your 18-month-old at such a school.

In the second story, they were willingly violating state law regarding the temperature, to the point where the teacher and students were all sitting indoors with heavy jackets. Why? Either because the owner was cheap, or because the director just personally liked it cold, and thrusted that preference upon all the students. (Believe it or not, I think it was the latter.)

Given that she lied to me about fixing the problem and let it continue for more than a month, while everyone sat there freezing, I also doubt you would have wanted your kids there.

I think some people here want to automatically dismiss my "customer service" type stories as me being a difficult or pushy Jew, simply because I'm the one posting them.

I think anyone sane would conclude that both of these preschools were awful.

Also note that I sent Benjamin to a third one for more than a year, and never had any problems there. So it's not a situation where I'm just going to find a gripe wherever I go.

I should also note that I haven't complained about anything to any of Benjamin's elementary school teachers.
    Most degen gamblers dont have a clue.

Most drug addicts dont have a clue.

Most democrate progressives dont have a clue..

Moat college snowflakes dont have a clue..

Did u get the clue druff?

Thread Information