Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bart Hanson - how much did you lose investing in that JEWISH restaurant?

Load Metric
    Guys let's not run off the hanson kid like we did with srslysirius.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Guys let's not run off the hanson kid like we did with srslysirius.

That was just a function of Sirius being given an Ultra May Tim by the fish lady.

Comments

snowtracks: lol

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Was it this much?

Name:  34404003_1605971352785629_5972833915570749440_n.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  59.6 KB
    #ToddsPlan

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Nice hand

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post
    Actually I made a small amount of money off of Ditmas after my profit distributions and the sale back of my % interest to my partner. I was also totally out of Ditmas almost two years before it closed down (end of 2015). But Druff, you can just assume that I lost money, with no information. And just assume I am a degenerate too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

It's very tough to run a restaurant profitably. Looks like Bart's place had a lot of potential, but they must have screwed something up if it's no longer around.
    And like many other restaurants it didn't shut down due to lack of business. The landlord, upon expiration of the lease, tried to squeeze Alex for an additional 150% rent increase. At that rate it made no sense to remain open. Just because a restaurant closes does not mean that it was not successful. In fact sometimes restaurants become the victims of their own success if they add a lot of internal improvements to the building and make the surrounding area nicer.

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2016/09/...just-the-rent/

AS far as the polarizing yelp reviews go I will openly admit that I had no hand in the operations of the restaurant, nor did I want any. I was entirely passive. We got a very good deal when we bought out the previous restaurant and I thought it would be a good investment, even having no decision making power. It ended up being a huge headache which is why I ended up selling my interest and I would not recommend investing in a restaurant unless you were going to be an active participant in the operations.

But its just so classic PFA to assume things that fit into someone's narrative without knowing any actual facts.

Bart

flawless rebuttal, im surprised this thread hasnt been deleted because of it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Going back and reading that post I made 5 years ago, I do feel a bit bad about some of the assumptions I made about Bart.

I didn't know him as well then, but even with that said, it wasn't one of my better PFA posts. I assumed way too much. I fully believe Bart's explanation, btw.

I also agree that it can be very maddening being a passive investor in a restaurant, especially as you see them doing stupid shit and you have no say in the matter.

Load Metric
    honestly anyone whose a passive investor in a restaurant has balls of cold rolled steel imo. gods work, right there.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    honestly anyone who’s a passive investor in a restaurant has balls of cold rolled steel imo. gods work, right there.
    Here’s the best investment advice I’ll ever give you guys: If someone asks you to invest in a restaurant, run away as fast as you can.

Thread Information