Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Chris Wylie, the British liberal democrat who created Mintjewlips, Sidedish, and the rest of the Trumptards (Facebook data scandal)

Load Metric

Meet Chris Wylie, the British liberal democrat who created Mintjewlips, Sidedish, and the rest of the Trumptards (Facebook data scandal)

Comments

BCR:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Really interesting article.

Props to Bannon and Mercer for being open enough to listen and see the potential. Honestly, I view the article as complimentary to them, rather than sinister.

Unrelated to politics. I’ve had discussions with a lot of people about what they give away on Facebook, or what insight there is to be gained.

Like I’ve asked single female friends that date if they don’t understand that if you give me what you like to listen to or read and a couple other interests, I essentially can be what you want every time upon meeting you, and whether they think about that when they meet men. I’ve asked my buddies in sales if they use it on potential clients. If I peruse your likes and tastes, it’s incredibly easy to build rapport with someone. So many things tend to correlate and you can peg someone pretty predictably. Obviously advertising has been onto this for 50 years, but never has there been a tool like Facebook where people just give away their personal preferences to the general public.

I do this in general pretty frequently. My girlfriend the other night just mentioned having drinks with her friend and a husband I’d never met. I look at the dude’s profile, see he’s bow hunter/Nascar/ country music dude and just say fuck no. If he happened to also like good literature or anything that points to an eclectic range, I may say yeah, but his was simply boilerplate rural. I’ve met that dude a million times. Salt of the earth often, but no one I want to hang out with because they’re never going to say anything of interest to me. Honestly, just weeding people out is the most useful thing about Facebook. Saves a lot of time.

That they took this long to aim it in a big picture way at elections is more surprising than that they did. It’s disappointing that he was first there to be had by the left, but they fucked up. Can’t hate the people who saw the value.

Comments

Sheesfaced: BCR is God
    Last edited by BCR; 03-17-2018 at 11:43 PM.

Load Metric
    It's all about noticing the subtleties of the current geo political atmosphere.....why do nerds need validation so much???........sometimes it's both....
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Diamond
    Load Metric
    What dude? I guess they will have to call me on capital hill before it's all said and done

Comments

Suicide King: Idiot

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I mean is it really that hard to believe ur an annoying faggot? that's really all it comes down to, libtards are in denial we elected an arrogant ahole cuz they wouldn't stfu

U know what might be a good idea? Keep complaining. Omg so bad

Why can't any of u faggots do what u say ur gonna do??

Comments

Diamond
    Load Metric
    ???? For real who are u? Ur some guy who talks out of his at all times without doing shit and a bunch of talentless faggots green rep u. Have any of u faggots done anything I can't learn to do in a day?

Comments

Diamond
    Load Metric
    so I was at the bar tonight being a complete clown, wearing a sweater around my neck like a complete fagot and this black guy says to me " u a white supremacist or something" this is the culture u shill for u complete faggot

Comments

Tellafriend: culta - lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    What dude? I guess they will have to call me on capital hill before it's all said and done
    I mean is it really that hard to believe ur an annoying faggot? that's really all it comes down to, libtards are in denial we elected an arrogant ahole cuz they wouldn't stfu

???? For real who are u? Ur some guy who talks out of his at all times without doing shit and a bunch of talentless faggots green rep u. Have any of u faggots done anything I can't learn to do in a day?
    so I was at the bar tonight being a complete clown, wearing a sweater around my neck like a complete fagot and this black guy says to me " u a white supremacist or something" this is the culture u shill for u complete faggot
    saved for lulz
    “I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
    Stephen Hawking

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Props to Bannon and Mercer for being open enough to listen and see the potential. Honestly, I view the article as complimentary to them, rather than sinister.

Unrelated to politics. I’ve had discussions with a lot of people about what they give away on Facebook, or what insight there is to be gained.

Like I’ve asked single female friends that date if they don’t understand that if you give me what you like to listen to or read and a couple other interests, I essentially can be what you want every time upon meeting you, and whether they think about that when they meet men. I’ve asked my buddies in sales if they use it on potential clients. If I peruse your likes and tastes, it’s incredibly easy to build rapport with someone. So many things tend to correlate and you can peg someone pretty predictably. Obviously advertising has been onto this for 50 years, but never has there been a tool like Facebook where people just give away their personal preferences to the general public.

I do this in general pretty frequently. My girlfriend the other night just mentioned having drinks with her friend and a husband I’d never met. I look at the dude’s profile, see he’s bow hunter/Nascar/ country music dude and just say fuck no. If he happened to also like good literature or anything that points to an eclectic range, I may say yeah, but his was simply boilerplate rural. I’ve met that dude a million times. Salt of the earth often, but no one I want to hang out with because they’re never going to say anything of interest to me. Honestly, just weeding people out is the most useful thing about Facebook. Saves a lot of time.

That they took this long to aim it in a big picture way at elections is more surprising than that they did. It’s disappointing that he was first there to be had by the left, but they fucked up. Can’t hate the people who saw the value.
    Nod.

The thing that takes this into prosecutorial waters is when they took a few hundred thousand people who said 'yes you can have my data' and then used that to pivot to scraping an average of 160 of their friends data each time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person...le_information

Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is legally protected. How its gathered, transferred, and stored is the subject of stringent and well defined laws. Orgs spend millions of dollars a year on lawyers and infosec teams, because if you trip over your own dick with PII it can sink your battleship real fast.

Basically Wylie/Bannon built a neutron bomb that only destroys democracies and then sold it to a variety of military and intelligence agencies before screaming YOLO and using it themselves, somehow while finding the time to literally give a powerpoint to Team Putin on how to build their own from the ground up.

And if Bannon told Trump Jr to slide some of that PII to the Russians, we can see why Vanessa is doing the criminal defense attorney shuffle.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    I am living this shit IRL. My older brother, who is one of the best people I have ever known has swallowed this shit, hook, line, and sinker. He has gotten to the point where he can't complete a sentence without including "deep state". Although he was raised color blind, he now blames everything on brown people. He just called me to tell me that he and his wife passed their carry permit test, and that they are going to be armed 100% of the time from now on. I love him, but he is very hard to have a conversation with.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    trumptards are good peeps. .just ask mort he will tell you
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Nod.

The thing that takes this into prosecutorial waters is when they took a few hundred thousand people who said 'yes you can have my data' and then used that to pivot to scraping an average of 160 of their friends data each time.

Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is legally protected. How its gathered, transferred, and stored is the subject of stringent and well defined laws. Orgs spend millions of dollars a year on lawyers and infosec teams, because if you trip over your own dick with PII it can sink your battleship real fast.

Basically Wylie/Bannon built a neutron bomb that only destroys democracies and then sold it to a variety of military and intelligence agencies before screaming YOLO and using it themselves, somehow while finding the time to literally give a powerpoint to Team Putin on how to build their own from the ground up.

And if Bannon told Trump Jr to slide some of that PII to the Russians, we can see why Vanessa is doing the criminal defense attorney shuffle.

Yea, it was only a matter of time until someone built that bomb though. If you don’t start the Manhattan project on that shit first, particularly when the best minds are on your ideological side of the fence, it’s on you. I’ll take your word on the privacy and legal aspects of what they did. I’m not educated enough on those subjects to even approach them. That they broke the law is the least interesting aspect of the story imo. Write a big enough check and that’s always going down. I was just nodding my head reading the article and kind of thinking how someone who is a tech shortbus student like myself can feel all those psychological pieces of the puzzle laying there for anyone competent to put together, and how I’m kind of surprised it took so long for a company to do it as well as they did.

When you see how many people are mining data for business purposes, I’d have to think there are thousands of kids who could do that work. It just took someone passionate and brazen enough to outsource it with deep pockets like Mercer. For as much as I personally dislike Bannon, I don’t see him as an idiot. He has his finger on the pulse of the disenfranchised. Giving him and his ilk a bankroll was so much smarter and efficient than their previous attempts at dropping $100 million on the Newts of the world to coldcall retirement home residents who were already on their team.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Nod.

Yea, it was only a matter of time until someone built that bomb though. If you don’t start the Manhattan project on that shit first, particularly when the best minds are on your ideological side of the fence, it’s on you. I’ll take your word on the privacy and legal aspects of what they did. I’m not educated enough on those subjects to even approach them. That they broke the law is the least interesting aspect of the story imo. Write a big enough check and that’s always going down. I was just nodding my head reading the article and kind of thinking how someone who is a tech shortbus student like myself can feel all those psychological pieces of the puzzle laying there for anyone competent to put together, and how I’m kind of surprised it took so long for a company to do it as well as they did.

When you see how many people are mining data for business purposes, I’d have to think there are thousands of kids who could do that work. It just took someone passionate and brazen enough to outsource it with deep pockets like Mercer. For as much as I personally dislike Bannon, I don’t see him as an idiot. He has his finger on the pulse of the disenfranchised. Giving him and his ilk a bankroll was so much smarter and efficient than their previous attempts at dropping $100 million on the Newts of the world to coldcall retirement home residents who were already on their team.

Perhaps its a bit more visceral for me because I'm doing a lot of AI R&D lately and when I saw that Wylie was a data science goon my blood literally ran cold, because all AI does is extend contemporary data science * linear algebra into a depth of extrapolation that we could otherwise never imagine (literally).

When Musk et all are saying "AI has the potential to end civilization" we tend to assume he means leveraging the qualities above into unstoppable autonomous Terminators but the actual truth is so much more subtle and infinitely more destructive;

You show a sidedish or a mintjewlips a carbon fiber cheetah with the ability to send 7.5mm rounds into a 1" grouping at 300 meters targeting nothing but heat signatures and they will say 'ohhhhh wow yeah thats bad and shouldnt happen' but when you try to explain to them that the same engine can be used to tear down democracies by reducing huge portions of the population into paranoid schizophrenics who believe one candidate represents a conglomerate of satanist pedophiles who buy and sell children out of the back room of a pizza parlor, they call you a shill and a faggot because they are too stupid to understand and/or they are literally the exact people who have already been mentally ratfucked.

Advertising has always been a questionable form of voodoo but it was also bound by the limitations of our own imaginations. AI/data science tears down those limitations. That Facebook was there to fill in the last piece of the data science puzzle is one of those unhappy coincidences that will take generations to recover from.

One thing that really struck me as odd was how Zuck did a literal 180 after his first post-election briefing in front of congress. This article explains exactly why.

Comments

The_Lurker: everybody needs to read this 10X until it really sinks in

BCR:

hongkonger: This

gimmick:

GambleBotsSatire: dont disrespect the pizza parlor

Sheesfaced:

varys: Just shillin

nunbeater: yup

Load Metric
    I'm not on any social media and I encourage everybody to delete all social media accounts
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

Last edited by sonatine; 03-18-2018 at 10:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Originally Posted by thesidedish

this obv wasn't a harvard bar so why u wearing ur sweater prep style....did u wear ur weejuns too?
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    It's gonna take a while before we get enough details to say how everything went down. For instance how Kogan's part played? Was he compromised before early 2014 and did the Russians just outsource the modernization of their information gathering and utilization at the expense of Cambridge Analytica? Or did they just piggyback off CAs database and programs at a later date? Did money exchange hands at any point or was it just plants/hacks that did most of the work?

Cambridge Analytica is likely fucked for good though. Just the UK law about needing consent for PI. We assumed everything was legal isn't a defense or saying we thought Kogan took care of it without having any paperwork showing anything resembling consent to transfer PI to a third party.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    suicide king on that hella soy boy diet. very beta red rep spamming.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    suicide king on that hella soy boy diet. very beta red rep spamming.
    Ok yuckmouth

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    get back to trolling that poor guy's post on Real Grinders. He got jewed on that all in call.

Comments

Suicide King: It was way too long
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Thread Information