Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Large social media outlets targeting Steven Crowder

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    The social media universe is an alternate reality to me.

It’s on permanent ignore. My mind still runs pure having never been Facebook, Twitter or formally signed up for YouTube.

COOL STORY, OLD.
    Anti establishment and non conformist.

The Russians have been trying to reach you btw

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Thats a nice narrative, but Google/Youtube is doing a lot of censorship of adult conservative material too.

This company is basically fucked. The more they buy into the SJW nonsense the more they are going to be devoured from within and without. They are currently being sued by multiple women and men employees for gender discrimination. That is what happens when you promote the whole victimization identity politics narrative.

You can't win playing this game. Everyone is a victim and deserves recompense in one way or another.

Exactly no one but a handful of very dull, very scared white people agree with you on any of this and I mean any of this.
    It sounds like you aren't very familiar with much of Google's more controversial business practices. Thanks to various lawsuits exposing what goes on behind the curtain, this is something you could definitely rectify if you chose. The fact that Google video tapes almost everything and most of the stuff being exposed is stuff that is forbidden to be video taped when it is going on, pretty much is an admission of guilt they are being unethical and potentially breaking the law.

Platinum
    Load Metric

It’s on permanent ignore. My mind still runs pure having never been Facebook, Twitter or formally signed up for YouTube.
    I have weaned myself completely off of Facebook and Twitter. Doing my best with Youtube and Google, but it isn't easy. I would not be surprised if there was a huge backlash against social media at some point in the not too distant future.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Ok, enough fun here for now. Time to get to work on my losing DFS lineups.

Banned
    Load Metric

Name:  55MWqhs.png
Views: 219
Size:  255.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    The fact that Google video tapes almost everything and most of the stuff being exposed is stuff that is forbidden to be video taped when it is going on, pretty much is an admission of guilt they are being unethical and potentially breaking the law.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Even tho Shapiro and Crowder are the two most annoying dudes on the planet they shouldn't be banned. This crap that twitter's pulling is bullshit, that platform decides elections and should honor our American freedom of speech laws. Yea there's a war on whitey or anything that doesn't embrace open borders. Lauren Southern and some other people from the right got detained in the UK and iirc banned for life.

The ADL is working w YT on a censorship tool, it's almost ready and last but not least. YT got busted banning the hire of whites and Asians. Joking about black slaves and then deleting the evidence from the cloud. I'm surprised how well they covered this up, well they're google so yea.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/youtube...ays-1519948013
    I think the recruiter who exposed this may of been Jewish, if so respect to him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    Even tho Shapiro and Crowder are the two most annoying dudes on the planet they shouldn't be banned.

so youre saying they are 'entitled' to access?

show me in the constitution where conservative agitators are entitled to resources from privately held corporations please.

Comments

FPS_Russia: out of posts, this is how it starts, the left starts censoring stuff aka PCness, next thing you know 50 million dead and tyranny for all. The left can't start censoring period.

sah_24: yet a bakery has to bake a cake for faggots ... #hypocrite

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Even tho Shapiro and Crowder are the two most annoying dudes on the planet they shouldn't be banned. This crap that twitter's pulling is bullshit, that platform decides elections and should honor our American freedom of speech laws. Yea there's a war on whitey or anything that doesn't embrace open borders. Lauren Southern and some other people from the right got detained in the UK and iirc banned for life.

The ADL is working w YT on a censorship tool, it's almost ready and last but not least. YT got busted banning the hire of whites and Asians. Joking about black slaves and then deleting the evidence from the cloud. I'm surprised how well they covered this up, well they're google so yea.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/youtube...ays-1519948013
    I think the recruiter who exposed this may of been Jewish, if so respect to him.
    I should probably just pay for WSJ. I get links to articles a lot I can't read due to the paywall.

Load Metric

Same here. Fuck social media.
    HILLARY WON

Silver
    Load Metric
    Even tho Shapiro and Crowder are the two most annoying dudes on the planet they shouldn't be banned.

show me in the constitution where conservative agitators are entitled to resources from privately held corporations please.
    It's nowhere to be found, but its surprising you hold such values or can't understand someone who does considering how much time you spend posting on this site.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    But really what it comes down to is the libtards strong arming these corporations that are headed by cuck beta faggots to do whatever they say so they can win the propaganda war.

/thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The important distinction here is that Crowder isn't complaining about being banned (or having his employees banned) from SxSW.

They went in there to purposely disrupt panels for lulz, they got thrown out, they got banned.

Fine. Even Crowder himself isn't trying to claim unfair treatment there.

The problem comes from unrelated companies -- Twitter, YouTube, Facebook -- refusing to let him show this year's video of what led to his employee's banning.

Why are they getting in the middle of this?

Crowder's video does not break any laws, does not show any nudity, does not release anyone's personal information, and does not violate any privacy.

It was taken in a semi-public setting (semi-public meaning anyone was welcome to walk in, provided they paid their admission fee and weren't banned), and it did not violate Texas recording laws.

YouTube initially claimed that it was because Sven Computer said, "I'm a big idiotic", so they bleeped the word "idiotic" and re-uploaded it.

Gone.

Then YouTube tried to claim it was a "privacy" violation -- that people appeared in the video without Crowder giving them permission. Since when was giving permission to film a requirement of YouTube?

Still, Crowder blurred everyone's faces (except Sven), and again, the video was quickly deleted for privacy violations.

It's clear this one is ideological. Furthermore, Twitter and Facebook banning people for LINKING the video is just LOL.

Load Metric

Legally you're correct.

But it's unsettling to me that a handful of corporations have almost complete dominance of social media and are censoring based on content, or at least marginalizing content they view as undesirable. It's unsettling to me even if the content being marginalized is content I don't like.

In my mind it's inconsistent to criticize Facebook for standing by while foreign agents manipulate their platform to influence American elections, but not seek to hold them to account when they use the platform to push a particular social agenda or prevent others from pushing their social agenda. Both are a perversion of the concept of the public arena.

Throughout American history the dominant form of media whether it was newspapers, radio, TV or whatever, offered enough diversity that many voices could be heard. Yes there were privately owned media and they often reflected the viewpoint of their owners, but if you don't like the views of the NY Times you can read the Wall Street Journal. If you don't like MSNBC you can watch Fox News. If Facebook, YouTube and Twitter don't let you collect followers and disseminate your views because of their content, there is basically nowhere else to go to reach as many people as quickly and easily. Much of our civic discourse now occurs on social media and has thus been swallowed up by a very small group of monolithic companies. Like huge financial institutions whose fingerprints are all over the economy of the country and have been labelled too big to fail, making them subject to extra regulations, companies with huge influence over the public sphere cannot be allowed to determine who has the right to promote their views and who does not.

I'm not sure what the best solution is but it's naive to think there is not a problem.

Comments

Dan Druff: very good posts
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Legally you're correct.

But it's unsettling to me that a handful of corporations have almost complete dominance of social media and are censoring based on content, or at least marginalizing content they view as undesirable. It's unsettling to me even if the content being marginalized is content I don't like.

In my mind it's inconsistent to criticize Facebook for standing by while foreign agents manipulate their platform to influence American elections, but not seek to hold them to account when they use the platform to push a particular social agenda or prevent others from pushing their social agenda. Both are a perversion of the concept of the public arena.

Throughout American history the dominant form of media whether it was newspapers, radio, TV or whatever, offered enough diversity that many voices could be heard. Yes there were privately owned media and they often reflected the viewpoint of their owners, but if you don't like the views of the NY Times you can read the Wall Street Journal. If you don't like MSNBC you can watch Fox News. If Facebook, YouTube and Twitter don't let you collect followers and disseminate your views because of their content, there is basically nowhere else to go to reach as many people as quickly and easily. Much of our civic discourse now occurs on social media and has thus been swallowed up by a very small group of monolithic companies. Like huge financial institutions whose fingerprints are all over the economy of the country and have been labelled too big to fail, making them subject to extra regulations, companies with huge influence over the public sphere cannot be allowed to determine who has the right to promote their views and who does not.

I'm not sure what the best solution is but it's naive to think there is not a problem.

Are you going to wax poetic about the philosophical dangers of artists monopolizing the art scene next?

And whats with all these scientists dictating what is or isnt science?

Corporations are clamping down on toxic behavior where they find it. Its really just that simple. Not to mention, the right wing already has a media platform; church.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    nu-internet shitsites like twitter and reddit suck. they have every right to suck, but they still suck.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Legally you're correct.

Good post hongshitter. although hongthonger hates what I say he respects my 1st amendment right, so he's not a 0 more like a 1-2

Load Metric

Legally you're correct.

Are you going to wax poetic about the philosophical dangers of artists monopolizing the art scene next?

And whats with all these scientists dictating what is or isnt science?

Corporations are clamping down on toxic behavior where they find it. Its really just that simple. Not to mention, the right wing already has a media platform; church.
    I don't think those are analogous.

Artists don't control the art scene. Anyone can make what they call art and try to get others to like it.

Scientists accept what has been proven through the scientific method, and nobody has a monopoly on doing science.

In those cases, content may be rejected after it is evaluated by its consumers for quality. Content is not kept out of the arena in the first place.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    nu-internet shitsites like twitter and reddit suck. they have every right to suck, but they still suck.
    They suck soooooo bad
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

In those cases, content may be rejected after it is evaluated by its consumers for quality. Content is not kept out of the arena in the first place.

Show me someone who was preemptively banned from any of the platforms at bar tho. The people being lionized by conservitards are professional agitators at best.

When William Buckley gets censored, I'll fucking march with them.

To be clear; the people impacted are not right wing intellectuals looking to balance a dialog, they are hack wanna be reality tv stars trying to get twitter rich, and their contributions are well documented and utterly disruptive and retarded. They caught their 3 strikes ages ago and now they have to sleep in the beds they made.
    Last edited by sonatine; 03-16-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Thread Information