Thread: HTC Vive Pro

Load Metric

HTC Vive Pro

Shipping April 5, $800 price tag just for the headset so youll need to have previously purchased a Vive or pick up your own base station(s) and controllers.

I snap-preordered because a) the graphics are supposedly much improved b) Unity3d suddenly supports legit AI agents c) fuck yeah Elite Dangerous with maybe great graphics and d) Amazon Prime = regret insurance.

Other interesting points; the cable is thinner, they redesigned the light-blocking flap thing, and it has integrated headphones apparently.

Relevant stats:

2880x1600 (615ppi) = 37% ppi increase and a 78% overall pixel count increase.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    What sort of specs does your pc have?

I'm planning to give an update on my VR experience on your thread later. Had VR for 4 months now although haven't played tons.

I have elite dangerous but unfortunately I haven;t had the time to get through tutorials. But if I ever become permanently disabled I know how I'm spending a few years of my life.

Also learning I get bad motion sickness with free movement games...

Fave game right now is Eleven table tennis.

Thread Information