Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Stephen Hawking

Load Metric

RIP Stephen Hawking

Aged 76.

RIP sweet prince with the correct spelling this time.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    allow me the honors to the genius...

Load Metric
    Met him in '94. I have a pic of us together. Fucking amazing man, ten times more so because he had to overcome his disability. RIP
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    welp, we're fucked.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Do you think he requested to be put on ice until he can be buried via black hole?

Banned
    Load Metric
    LOL @ hongmonger actually 'meeting' Steven Hawking

I'm sure that conversation was a real barn burner

like when you reached out to shake his hand at a book signing before realizing he was paralyzed from the neck down and he told you via his voice synthesizer to keep the line moving

Comments

varys: You are a sad little scumbag

Jayjami: LOL.

Tellafriend: lol

OSA: Im sorry but this is funny

blake: last line is an all time great

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

like when you reached out to shake his hand at a book signing before realizing he was paralyzed from the neck down and he told you via his voice synthesizer to keep the line moving
    what an asshole
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Stephen Hawking always reminded me of Hawkwind. First because of the names & second when I listened to either of them I didn't know what the hell was going on.

RIP Smart Dude.

Banned
    Load Metric
    please hongmonger by all means

I'm on the edge of my seat about this so called 'meeting' you had with Steven Hawking

enlighten us all about what precisely you and the greatest scientific mind in recent history discussed in detail in your so called summit of great minds

Banned
    Load Metric
    obviously a brilliant man when it concerned physics, and astronomy

but still a die hard staunch atheist and cynic of epic proportions in terms of optimism of human nature and the probability for our survival as a species

I doubt it was his condition shitting himself in a wheelchair for the last 40 years that caused that though

denier of God and creation

anyway, I'll just wait for the riveting details of hongmongers indepth conversation with the good doctor Hawking before I comment further

lets hear it

Comments

El Gallo: You are a sad excuse of a human

Load Metric
    Name:  ygjaOB.gif
Views: 530
Size:  542.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    honestly I'm glad he's dead both for him and his affect on the community at large.
    Science is fantastic, but so are the Cherry blossoms each year
    big bang bullshit

ha ha let me add a little.
    Scientists are so proud of knowing what happened to a trillionth of a second before the big bang.
    No thoughts of what preceded such and incidenet.

Why? Because it's out of their/our realm
    The rest is philosophical

Comments

tyde: LOL Les you're the best
    Last edited by limitles; 03-13-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Load Metric
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Pretentious.......I couldn't care les

Load Metric
    i mean all thats left is rip todges younger brother?

Banned
    Load Metric

Comments

limitles: lol truly a laugh

Load Metric

Well shitstain, I didn't know you were the arbiter of what constitutes "meeting" someone. But since apparently you think you are, here goes.

It was in 1994 when I was working in a lab at MIT. There was an exhibit on about recent advances in making computing more accessible to the disabled. I hadn't planned to go, but someone came in and told a few of us hey Stephen Hawking just showed up. So we hauled ass over to where it was. I don't think anybody knew he was coming and I have no idea why he was there, but sure enough there he was.

At that time he could still use his hand and talk using the screen attached to his wheelchair. I asked him how the many-worlds interpretation can be reconciled with the law of conservation of energy. I was not in the physics department and didn't know this question had been dealt with, provided certain assumptions about the many-worlds interpretation prove to be correct. It was a rather pedestrian question but I didn't know enough about cosmology to ask something really challenging.

Then the group of us who had spoken with him asked for a picture. Here it is, with everyone's face covered. I am at the far left in the t-shirt depicting Sigmund Freud holding a huge cigar.

Name:  Me and Stephen Hawking 1994 Censored.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  174.0 KB
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    To be frank, in the latter part of his career, Hawking was a bit overrated. When Susskind convincingly showed that his information paradox claim was flawed, Hawking eventually pivoted and made an unsubstantiated claim that he had an idea for a new theory that woukd make Susskind’s argument irrelevant. Nothing was ever definitely heard about this new theory.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Well shitstain, I didn't know you were the arbiter of what constitutes "meeting" someone. But since apparently you think you are, here goes.

It was in 1994 when I was working in a lab at MIT. There was an exhibit on about recent advances in making computing more accessible to the disabled. I hadn't planned to go, but someone came in and told a few of us hey Stephen Hawking just showed up. So we hauled ass over to where it was. I don't think anybody knew he was coming and I have no idea why he was there, but sure enough there he was.

At that time he could still use his hand and talk using the screen attached to his wheelchair. I asked him how the many-worlds interpretation can be reconciled with the law of conservation of energy. I was not in the physics department and didn't know this question had been dealt with, provided certain assumptions about the many-worlds interpretation prove to be correct. It was a rather pedestrian question but I didn't know enough about cosmology to ask something really challenging.

Then the group of us who had spoken with him asked for a picture. Here it is, with everyone's face covered. I am at the far left in the t-shirt depicting Sigmund Freud holding a huge cigar.

FAKE SMART PERSON MUCH??

also reading ur body language here, tyde was right you definitely appear to be harassing him. its possible you may have ruined his hand

Comments

hongkonger: Like you know anything? what a faggot.

OSA: Hahahah

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

FAKE SMART PERSON MUCH??

also reading ur body language here, tyde was right you definitely appear to be harassing him. its possible you may have ruined his hand
    What a dipshit. Like you'd know any better. A drunken retard in podunkville.
    HILLARY WON

Thread Information