Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wagyu and beer

Wagyu and beer

I have heard on the radio someone say wagyu is graded something like 1-20. There are really only five gradings a1 through a5. A5 is the best. There are lower grades b and c but they aren't worth the money.

Have a minoh stout with some a5 and you will have a good time.

Comments

Henry:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LOL @ this screen name

Took 9 months for him to make that post, too.

Good info though

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    LOL @ this screen name

Took 9 months for him to make that post, too.

Good info though

Just dropping some knowledge on Drexel. Do not be fooled by improperly labeled wagyu. You have all been poker fraud alerted.

Arriba!

Load Metric
    literally furious i didnt think of signing my posts with arriba first

Comments

Corrigan: literally worse poster than mumbles

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    i want to fuck lol wow in the mouth pussy and ass even if he is only a tine.

Load Metric
    look at this limp dicked canadian trying to get it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    look at this limp dicked canadian trying to get it
    I'm not Canadian idiot.

Cheers

Load Metric
    upper midwest is basically the same thing dont hold yourself to a higher standard

Load Metric
    eat a snickers mong

Load Metric
    If you're not buying wagyu in Asia or Australia, you aren't buying wagyu as far as I'm concerned.

Comments

lol wow: hot take bro

Load Metric
    Re: lol wow

In the United States, Japanese Wagyu cattle are bred with Angus cattle. This crossbreed has been named American Style Kobe Beef.[13] Wagyu were first competitively exhibited at the National Western Stock Show in 2012.[14] Some U.S. Wagyu breeders have full blooded animals directly descended from original Japanese bloodlines, and are registered through the American Wagyu Association.
    Enjoy your usda regulated half breed bro

Comments

lol wow: rofl

Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post
    If you're not buying wagyu in Asia or Australia, you aren't buying wagyu as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed. Actually I have only had wagyu outside of Japan once. I had a few too many benzenes in Hong Kong one night and ordered a wagyu steak at oohla in mid levels. Definitely not as good as in Japan. I don't eat wagyu outside of Japan much but when I do it is in a drunken stupor.

Comments

YUUP: Eating's cheating. Every drunk knows that

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackPipes and Kakfights View Post
    I have heard on the radio someone say wagyu is graded something like 1-20. There are really only five gradings a1 through a5. A5 is the best. There are lower grades b and c but they aren't worth the money.

This is how it was explained to me by a Japaneese gentleman who had prepared my steak.

Yes it is true that USDA only grades 1-5 but he had stated in other places in the world such as Japan and Australia, they had grades much higher than 5. After 5, the leanness to fat ratio is so much lower and most Americans do not have the palate to eat such, which is why you can't find such fatty waygu in the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post

This is how it was explained to me by a Japaneese gentleman who had prepared my steak.

Yes it is true that USDA only grades 1-5 but he had stated in other places in the world such as Japan and Australia, they had grades much higher than 5. After 5, the leanness to fat ratio is so much lower and most Americans do not have the palate to eat such, which is why you can't find such fatty waygu in the U.S.

If you have an interest in wagyu I will post more. But right now I am in the digestive phase of my lonch and will drop my bombs of info later. Here is a pic of my digestive and to anticipate a question I am not Dutch Boid
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gold
    Load Metric
    how did you convince sheboon to be in your picture?

It's rainy here in honky and she can't leave.

Load Metric

Agreed. Actually I have only had wagyu outside of Japan once. I had a few too many benzenes in Hong Kong one night and ordered a wagyu steak at oohla in mid levels. Definitely not as good as in Japan. I don't eat wagyu outside of Japan much but when I do it is in a drunken stupor.
    True, though I would actually rate one wagyu I've had in HK above the best wagyu I had in Japan. Though I would probably credit it to a good trip to the butcher as other's I talked to didn't appear to have as good of a steak.

Top 3:
    1. Some random Argentinian fancy place in Beijing. Cannot for the life of me find the name of this place and it's never even been marked on google maps. I just know it's in a weird circular building next to the world trade center. Cost me about 20 USD and just was true bliss.
    2. Manzo in Times Square HK. Mentioned above, place since closed down.
    3. Some random upscale steak restaurant in Shinjuku. Can't remember the place but the best wagyu I had in Japan.

Steaks in HK are massively hit or miss. I've gone to one place, enjoyed the steak, gone again and hated the steak.

I've been eye'ing up the Grade 7 Australian Wagyu Tomahawk at the Intercontinental Steak House, but I've heard the quality of that place has gone downhill and the Grand Hyatt is slowly taking the steak business.

Load Metric
    Another poster from Hong Kong, that's weird.

Load Metric

True, though I would actually rate one wagyu I've had in HK above the best wagyu I had in Japan. Though I would probably credit it to a good trip to the butcher as other's I talked to didn't appear to have as good of a steak.

Top 3:
    1. Some random Argentinian fancy place in Beijing. Cannot for the life of me find the name of this place and it's never even been marked on google maps. I just know it's in a weird circular building next to the world trade center. Cost me about 20 USD and just was true bliss.
    2. Manzo in Times Square HK. Mentioned above, place since closed down.
    3. Some random upscale steak restaurant in Shinjuku. Can't remember the place but the best wagyu I had in Japan.

Steaks in HK are massively hit or miss. I've gone to one place, enjoyed the steak, gone again and hated the steak.

I've been eye'ing up the Grade 7 Australian Wagyu Tomahawk at the Intercontinental Steak House, but I've heard the quality of that place has gone downhill and the Grand Hyatt is slowly taking the steak business.
    If the quality is that hit and miss, it sounds more like a supplier turnover issue. With such a limited supply, one restaurant may pay a premium to get the best cuts but then the next month, another restaurant outbids them so the best steak is now down the street.. until somebody outbids them again.

This was shyte wagyu but the IPA was top top
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information