Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: march madness picks upsets and deep sleepers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

march madness picks upsets and deep sleepers

every year you hear it's wide open and then you go and fill your brackets out and u end up with all the fav's...lol

thoughts/observations?

how is upenn a 16 seed? they prolly won't win but i have never seen a 16 this strong before.

mild upset specials..

illini chi
    south dakota st
    davidson

big upset alert
    upenn
    sf austin
    montana
    c of charlie
    unc green
    murray state

sweet 16 sleepers

providence
    illini chi
    ucla
    new mex st
    URI
    sd st/hous
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    every year you hear it's wide open and then you go and fill your brackets out and u end up with all the fav's...lol

thoughts/observations?

how is upenn a 16 seed? they prolly won't win but i have never seen a 16 this strong before.

mild upset specials..

illini chi
    south dakota st
    davidson

big upset alert
    upenn
    sf austin
    montana
    c of charlie
    unc green
    murray state

sweet 16 sleepers

providence
    illini chi
    ucla
    new mex st
    URI
    sd st/hous
    I totally agree with NMSU I think they will make the Sweet 16.. WAC got some interesting respect in that 4 of the 16 teams in the CBI are from the WAC including GCU (which should've gotten an NIT bid honestly with a 22-11 record and making the WAC final in their first year of eligibility).

as for Penn being a 16.. Its pretty much a lock the team that wins the IVY league title ends up a 16 seed every year I think its only happened a few times the Ivy champ has been a 15 even.. But lets not forget its been IVY league teams that have come the closests to making the 16 seed upset of a 1 happen a couple times.. Any team who gets the Ivy Champ needs to keep their heads in the game and not overlook them because if they do they just might get upset and become the subject of a sports jeopardy question..

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Penn isn't being anyone. And Stephen f Austin wouldn't even be that big of an upset over Texas tech. They are a legit team

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

thoughts/observations?

mild upset specials..

illini chi
    south dakota st
    davidson

big upset alert
    upenn
    sf austin
    montana
    c of charlie
    unc green
    murray state

sweet 16 sleepers

providence
    illini chi
    ucla
    new mex st
    URI
    sd st/hous
    I totally agree with NMSU I think they will make the Sweet 16.. WAC got some interesting respect in that 4 of the 16 teams in the CBI are from the WAC including GCU (which should've gotten an NIT bid honestly with a 22-11 record and making the WAC final in their first year of eligibility).

as for Penn being a 16.. Its pretty much a lock the team that wins the IVY league title ends up a 16 seed every year I think its only happened a few times the Ivy champ has been a 15 even.. But lets not forget its been IVY league teams that have come the closests to making the 16 seed upset of a 1 happen a couple times.. Any team who gets the Ivy Champ needs to keep their heads in the game and not overlook them because if they do they just might get upset and become the subject of a sports jeopardy question..
    ivy league teams are never a 16 seed, for as long as i remember at least.

these teams were picked using a cursory glance in a numbers game. if you break it down more it gets much harder to pinpoint who will win.....obv there will be upsets but throwing 10 teams out is easier than 4. hard to locate them and be very confident

you could handicap the pointspread which eliminates some leg work
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    Stephen f Austin wouldn't even be that big of an upset over Texas tech.

plzzz nikka...that comment is an eye roller

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    The NCAA Committee trolls so hard. I swear every year they pick all the teams they want in and then come up with new guidelines they are following to justify it. The agenda this year was obviously to make the NIT tournament great again.

People complain every year and there are always good arguments for a couple snubbed teams, but never in my life have I ever seen anything close to what happened to USC this year. USC finished second in the Pac-12 for the regular season and then went on to make to the championship game of their tournament.

I'm pissed I missed the ESPN show this year but I saw the CBS one and they revealed the at large bids one at a time in alphabetical order. Can you imagine being a player for USC watching that and you see them announce right off the bat that Arizona State made it. Any inkling of a thought that you wouldn't get picked would instantly go away as soon as you saw that the team that finished with the 9th best record in your conference and got blown out in the first round of your tournament got selected.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    The NCAA Committee trolls so hard. I swear every year they pick all the teams they want in and then come up with new guidelines they are following to justify it. The agenda this year was obviously to make the NIT tournament great again.

People complain every year and there are always good arguments for a couple snubbed teams, but never in my life have I ever seen anything close to what happened to USC this year. USC finished second in the Pac-12 for the regular season and then went on to make to the championship game of their tournament.

I'm pissed I missed the ESPN show this year but I saw the CBS one and they revealed the at large bids one at a time in alphabetical order. Can you imagine being a player for USC watching that and you see them announce right off the bat that Arizona State made it. Any inkling of a thought that you wouldn't get picked would instantly go away as soon as you saw that the team that finished with the 9th best record in your conference and got blown out in the first round of your tournament got selected.
    the NIT does look more watchable this year. but it;s time to do away with it and expand the field of 64. teams like USC and a few others can;t be happy about being there, nor will they play their best because of it.

usc did deserve better. not only did ASU crawl to the finish they fell off the cliff. the committee will say anything to justify their picks year after year. and syracuse got in becuse they were snubbed last year with a much better team. you can substitute ASU/SU with 5-10 team in the NIT and any of those teams can win 2 games and beat TCU and it wouldn;t be an upset

Load Metric
    Biggest snub I think for me was Notre dame. How they were left out but fucking Oklahoma doesn't even have to play in a play in is just another example of why the NCAA is the most gutless organization in the history of sports. Sad

Load Metric
    The Illini aren't even in the tournament, so that would be quite a sleeper. I think you mean Loyola
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    The Illini aren't even in the tournament, so that would be quite a sleeper. I think you mean Loyola
    damn catlicks.............always fucking me up. obv surprise team of tourney making it to the round of 16..lol it's so much of a surprise like oakland being from michigan

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    USC isn't the biggest snub based on numbers. I wasn't trying to say that at all. I've gotten used to that shit over the years. It's never been about numbers. But since they went to 64 USC is the only team from a power conference that got second during the regular season and then made it to the championship game of their tournament that didn't get selected. That is for sure a new one.

But if we are going by the numbers even Ken Pom has 10 of the teams that got at large bids ranked worse than USC. He also has almost half of the NIT field being a favorite against Syracuse, and even more teams being a favorite against St. Bonaventure.

The biggest snubs by the numbers are...

#28 Saint Mary's
    #29 Penn St
    #31 Notre Dame
    #33 Louisville
    #34 Baylor
    #40 USC

Syracuse and St. Bonaventure are #54 & #69 respectively.

Imagine if you are Penn State. Even the NIT committee fucked them (in the shower) when they decided they weren't even one of the top twelve teams in their field.

Imagine if they based this off numbers and Baylor made it in. That would be every Texas school I can think of besides UTEP making the tournament this year. It's crazy to me that no Texas school other than UTEP has ever won it all before. They have seven teams that made it in this year.

No matter how dumb the NCAA committee looks they seem to always come out smelling like a rose though. Syracuse is just fucking done though. Arizona State will beat them. The committee picking the team that had the ninth best record in the Pac 12 while leaving out the team that had the second best record will mean ASU will be blessed with a way more powerful magical spell than the one Syracuse will receive this year. They will probably make a crazy run in the tournament and USC will lose in the second round of the NIT.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Davidson seems like a great sleeper. With stars like Cal Freundlich, Michael Brown, and Bates Jones; they seem like a team with all the right tools under their belts, if you know what I am saying, to upset.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Davidson seems like a great sleeper. With stars like Cal Freundlich, Michael Brown, and Bates Jones; they seem like a team with all the right tools under their belts, if you know what I am saying, to upset.
    Keep it in the fag thread pls

Comments

OSA: excuse me, i will do no such thing

Load Metric
    Penn is a LOCK for the final four! We're gonna party like it's 1979...
    HILLARY WON

Bronze
    Load Metric
    ASU is a legit team that could very easily make the sweet 16 if it wasn’t for the fact that MSU would be their 32 round game and is better than USC (they did win their only matchup granted by 2) Just a quick glance because I’m too lazy to delve too deep into them to make 100 percent sure. 10 regular season losses (not counting the conf tourney) 7 of them on the road, 2 losses in OT and all losses by an avg of about 5 pts. Also 2 losses to AZ where both games could have gone either way at the end.

Their problem tends to be on the defensive end but they make up for that on the offensive end and can outscore a lot of people. I expect them to send Syracuse home by double digits and take their chances from there after they beat TCU

Edit...if they were an 11th in the south or east bracket...I’d have them as a lock for the sweet 16
    Last edited by lvpkr1009; 03-12-2018 at 08:19 AM.

Load Metric
    It's a fucking joke that Oklahoma is even in the tourney.

Comments

lvpkr1009: Should be proven when RI sends them packing
    HILLARY WON

Platinum
    Load Metric
    butler could be sneaky if they get past arkansas...

I don't trust purdue and any team that can bomb 15 made 3s in a game has a punchers shot against anybody...

Load Metric
    I just hope it's an interesting tourney. Please someone outside the usual CBB royalty win it.
    HILLARY WON

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post
    ASU is a legit team that could very easily make the sweet 16 if it wasn’t for the fact that MSU would be their 32 round game and is better than USC (they did win their only matchup granted by 2) Just a quick glance because I’m too lazy to delve too deep into them to make 100 percent sure. 10 regular season losses (not counting the conf tourney) 7 of them on the road, 2 losses in OT and all losses by an avg of about 5 pts. Also 2 losses to AZ where both games could have gone either way at the end.

Their problem tends to be on the defensive end but they make up for that on the offensive end and can outscore a lot of people. I expect them to send Syracuse home by double digits and take their chances from there after they beat TCU

Edit...if they were an 11th in the south or east bracket...I’d have them as a lock for the sweet 16
    lock? ASU...sorry..i don;t see it.....this isn't december. this team is currently using the micon leap of faith system gif.

syracuse is bad matchup for ariz state. i really don't think ASU will be able to handle the zone defense and will have no answer on the defensive end even for an offense as challeneged as much as the orange.

don't know how anyone can really see ASU winning a low scoring half court game.

seems like a longshot that their lamelo run and gun shots will fall down and this team hits 85 pts......more than likely this team hits 60/70 points vs this defense which means they'll likely lose imo

Comments

lvpkr1009: Outplayed Syracuse most of the game...could never push that lead when they had it down by 6-7 points multiple times.
    Last edited by mulva; 03-12-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    early round 1/2 seeds to attack..xavier and KU......cincy and purdue

#3 teams like tenn/ttech among a few don't look glamorous but it always seems as if one of them gets an easier path with an upset..even though you know the team isn't that good..which they aren't..and you won;t have them regardless..i try and avoid all 3 seeds. because you won't pick the right one imo.

attack all 3 seeds you dislike....there will be an 6/11 beating a couple imo...more than likely an 11 because an 11 seed is the new 12 seed. the committee stopped putting good teams on the 12 line a couple of years ago.

not many 4/5 seeds advance because it's hard to get the #1 out..plus historically the 12 usually beats the 5....most 5/6 seeds look very overvalued and it;s impossible to predict which one if any would advance deep to the final four...do yourself a favor and don;t pick any of these teams to go to final 4.

ariz may look like an NBA team but teams like this don't usually go far in the tourney, the pac 12 might be awful..and you know they don't play defense....possible they can sneak in but i wouldn't bet on it.

#2 cincy is the new UVA..all defense and can't score a lick. i think texas beats them at their own game...texas to sweet 16

i like providence as 4 pt dogs vs a&m as well..ML bet..ditto wit new mex st as anutta ML bet.........and if PC if they can get any scoring they might be able to beat unc as well.

loy chi to beat mia and upset a young overrrated defensive team in tenn as well.........boom... loyola chicago cinderella..magic..the buck stops there but continues for..texas to elite 8

don;t sleep on the atl 10 teams..URI, st bonnies and davidson.....they don;t make it easy for any of them but it would not surprise me to see all 3 win

teams that always seem to fuck you when you play them in your brackets

uva
    wvu
    uk
    purdue
    mich state
    kansas

Thread Information