Running vista, trying to get windows 8 installed. I downloaded a usb installation tool for windows 7 from microsoft (assuredly it will work, so i am told) and the usb installation tool assured me windows 8 is locked and loaded on this usb.

Just plug it in, re-order the bios, golden.

This is not what happened (it is windows afterall, but still, I expect SOME shit to work the first time around) and for two days now I have tried a number of supposed fixes and solutions to get this stupid shit WORKING.

I asked a guy online who's pretty knowledgable his opinion, and he doesn't have time to squander on the little insignificant squawking pigeons making a rukuss around his feet so rather than wait around to be kicked and stepped on by the zion I am hoping for some advice here, probably from bootsy (I hope anyway)

Details- hp dv6000
dual core 1.6ghz
running vista (a brand spanking new, as of this afternoon, install of vista)
2gigs of ram I think, the laptop is fully capable.

I am getting this error message: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-1a65731bbe38/

I have done the following- configured bios to boot from, well, just about every possibility, eventually restoring to defualt (which is boot from cd-dvd, then hd, then usb etc) nothing worked

I then took ownership of usb, nada. Took ownership of every single blasted file on the usb installer, nada.

Booted into recovery console and made sure disk 0 is active (and online strangely- like a raid volume? online?) and ran the following
bootrec /fixmbr ; bootrec /fixboot rebooted, back into recovery console bootrec /rebuildbcd C:\WINDOWS and this part is strange-at NO point was bootrec ever able to find a windows installation. Weird right?

Yet every command from bootrec (the three mentioned) came back with result code of success, no error messages.

bootrec /scanos shows 0 windows installations.

diskpart list partition shows disk 0 only, with 2 partitions (C and D, no MBR) and just two volumes (one for each partition) so-it looks kind of like

I am missing my MBR partition. Is this strange, and does anyone have a solution?