Not that these polls mean much, but...

Beto O'Rourke leads Cruz by 2 points in Texas Senate race

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...as-senate-race

LOL WHOOPS!!! tried a little too hard to cheat that one

Load Metric
    The latest ridiculousness from Cruz...

Related Esquire article:

Ted Cruz Has Nothing Left But Culture War Gibberish
    His latest "attack" on Beto O'Rourke is a reach that would make Dikembe Mutombo proud.
    https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...arbecued-tofu/

Congressman Beto O'Rourke may not be the next U.S. senator from Texas. I wouldn't bet on it either way at this point, which is in its own way a considerable achievement for O'Rourke, who stepped up strongly when other people didn't have the sand for the campaign and now is without question a national political figure.

So far, the Cruz campaign has attempted to damage O'Rourke by reminding voters how cool O'Rourke always has been, by picking a fight with Willie Nelson, and by sending out a fundraising mailer disguised as a summons. To say the Cruz campaign is floundering is to insult flatfish the world over. And now, as the Austin-American Statesman reports,

Appearing at a packed campaign event at Schobels Restaurant in the South Texas town of Columbus on Saturday, Cruz said, “When I got here someone told me that even PETA was protesting and giving out barbecued tofu, so I got to say, they summed up the entire election: If Texas elects a Democrat, they’re going to ban barbecue across the state of Texas.”

“You want to talk about an issue to mobilize the people, and I’m talking everybody,” Cruz said to appreciative laughter. “So I want to thank PETA and I do want to tell PETA you’re going to have to disclose to the FEC that by coming and protesting and giving away tofu, that you have given an in-kind contribution to my campaign by demonstrating just how bad things can get.”
    OK, it was a joke, or as close to one as we're likely to get from Ted Cruz. But he was, as Al Franken used to say, kidding on the square. He's got nothing left except culture-war gibberish, which may be enough to push him over the line. That, and his plaintive request that the president* who insulted his wife and traduced his father come to town to pull his burnt ends out of the fire.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Sorry but your liberal shit hero just fucked himself totally. Attacking Law Enforcement implying as a whole they are racist doing their jobs as a group is a good way to alienate a huge portion of Texas which is strongly pro law enforcement.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/20/b...ment-jim-crow/

just gotta say to Beto

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Sorry but your liberal shit hero just fucked himself totally. Attacking Law Enforcement implying as a whole they are racist doing their jobs as a group is a good way to alienate a huge portion of Texas which is strongly pro law enforcement.

just gotta say to Beto

Dude is pandering at primarily black college.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

just gotta say to Beto

Frankly, I feel that it was a politically dangerous move to be so publicly passionate about the matter with an emphasis on the racial nature of the accusation. But I don’t think he was pandering. Meaning, I believe that he genuinely believes that the police in certain places in America abuse blacks at a higher rate than they abuse whites. But regardless of how genuinely he feels about it, the way he expressed it came across to me as too shrill for the wider audience in Texas. But we’ll have to wait and see if this becomes a factor in any of the upcoming debates.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

Frankly, I feel that it was a politically dangerous move to be so publicly passionate about the matter with an emphasis on the racial nature of the accusation. But I don’t think he was pandering. Meaning, I believe that he genuinely believes that the police in certain places in America abuse blacks at a higher rate than they abuse whites. But regardless of how genuinely he feels about it, the way he expressed it came across to me as too shrill for the wider audience in Texas. But we’ll have to wait and see if this becomes a factor in any of the upcoming debates.
    Name:  race of those killed by police.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  57.0 KB

Comments

MumblesBadly: Doesn’t reflect the higher rate for killings of unarmed blacks versus whites by police, numbnuts!

ErickAA: Offset of Mumbles mumbling

Load Metric
    O'Rourke raised over $9M online in August
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-online-836358
    Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas) raised nearly $9.1 million online for his Senate bid in August, according to a recent campaign-finance filing, increasing the pressure on GOP Sen. Ted Cruz in an unexpectedly close race.

The online haul puts O'Rourke on pace to have one of the most prolific fundraising quarters of any Senate candidate in history, excluding self-funders. In the past two months, O'Rourke has raised nearly $12 million online — already more than the eye-popping $10.4 million he brought in from April through June of this year. By comparison, Cruz raised $4.1 million in the second quarter of this year and $13.2 million from January 2017 through June 2018, according to his latest campaign finance report.

Republicans in Texas and Washington have raced to marshal big donors to help Cruz across the finish line.

Meanwhile, a surge of small donors is powering O’Rourke’s challenge. O’Rourke had more than 221,000 individual donors online in August, according to the latest Federal Election Commission filing by ActBlue, the Democratic online fundraising platform used by O’Rourke’s campaign.

He had already raised $2.8 million online in July — but a series of attacks from Cruz and President Donald Trump in August drove his online fundraising into overdrive. O’Rourke raised more than $1 million in a weekend after Cruz began airing an attack ad on TV, and he raised nearly $1 million on the last day of August alone, after Trump tweeted that he would hold a rally boosting Cruz in October.
    Name:  6467A68E-92FD-41C7-8CC5-DB91FB8F1140.jpeg
Views: 216
Size:  110.5 KB

Comments

SysOp: who said anything about unarmed or armed whites or blacks? just because you don't see the media reporting cops killing unarmed white men doesn't mean it doesn't occur MORE than blacks, mumblesfuck

Diamond
    Load Metric
    MumblesBadly: Doesn’t reflect the higher rate for killings of unarmed blacks versus whites by police, numbnuts!

black ppl commit more crimes moron. if u want to argue its cuz of systemic racism keeping them poor, u have something but being in denial that they commit more crimes makes u mumbling irrelevant

this pie chart represents the race of ppl who have tried to sell me coke on the strip, green representing black ppl

Name:  pie-chart-100.png
Views: 203
Size:  5.5 KB

Comments

SysOp: he has white guilt

MumblesBadly: Black people are unjustly harassed by the police, moron-on-steroids!

Diamond
    Load Metric
    watching some of this debate tonight, this guy sux, I no longer think he has a shot at the dem nom in 2020

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Thanks for the heads up didn’t know when it started.

Wish people in the crowd would quit whooping whenever either guy talks.

Beta is not as good a debater but better looking so who knows.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Named his kid Ulysses...what a goob.

Playing race card...what else is new.

Beta wants to legalize all narcotics?....hmm

Ted looks like a weasel.

Load Metric
    Very short coverage, but mentions that Cook Political Report now calls the race a “toss-up”.

Entire debate:

Load Metric
    SysOp: who said anything about unarmed or armed whites or blacks? just because you don't see the media reporting cops killing unarmed white men doesn't mean it doesn't occur MORE than blacks, mumblesfuck

The media is NOT selectively reporting this, numbnuts! That’s rightwing claptrap!

There are huge racial disparities in how US police use force
    https://www.vox.com/cards/police-bru...-police-racism

[quote]The disparities appear to be even starker for unarmed suspects, according to an analysis of 2015 police killings by the Guardian. Racial minorities made up about 37.4 percent of the general population in the US and 46.6 percent of armed and unarmed victims, but they made up 62.7 percent of unarmed people killed by police.[/b]

Name:  36772525-18C2-44D5-AC77-DBC2955EB887.jpeg
Views: 195
Size:  46.2 KB

Comments

SysOp: awful, why do you have such guilt for being a white man?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    [QUOTE=MumblesBadly;803761]SysOp: who said anything about unarmed or armed whites or blacks? just because you don't see the media reporting cops killing unarmed white men doesn't mean it doesn't occur MORE than blacks, mumblesfuck

The media is NOT selectively reporting this, numbnuts! That’s rightwing claptrap!

The disparities appear to be even starker for unarmed suspects, according to an analysis of 2015 police killings by the Guardian. Racial minorities made up about 37.4 percent of the general population in the US and 46.6 percent of armed and unarmed victims, but they made up 62.7 percent of unarmed people killed by police.[/b]

Name:  36772525-18C2-44D5-AC77-DBC2955EB887.jpeg
Views: 195
Size:  46.2 KB
    That graph covers a 5 month time period in 2015, and notice how it uses % instead of actual numbers. I have a feeling the actual numbers are very small, the data is extremely non-significant, and looking at a 5 month sample involving small numbers makes that graph absolutely meaningless and useless propaganda, like most of the material that comes out of Vox.

Show me some real stats with a large sample size over a large period of time, with some statistical significance. Don't cherry pick a 5 month period and not even show the actual numbers. That is garbage and should be treated accordingly.

You could cherry pick a small period that included the Orlando nightclub massacre and determine a large % of homicides in the US are attributed to Islamic inspired homophobia. But it wouldn't be true.

Comments

Texter: Cherry pick rep...mumbles has no shame

SysOp:

Load Metric
    This idiot Beto can’t get out of his own way. Ok attacking those who are LEO and those who support them implying Leo’s are all racist bastards trying to possibly play up to the black voters he subsequently just lit all good will he might’ve picked up by then alienating the blacks with this stupidity. Dude has to be a few cards short and the closest thing to somebody with the intelligence to Forrest Gump in politics

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...or-cotton-gin/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

That graph covers a 5 month time period in 2015, and notice how it uses % instead of actual numbers. I have a feeling the actual numbers are very small, the data is extremely non-significant, and looking at a 5 month sample involving small numbers makes that graph absolutely meaningless and useless propaganda, like most of the material that comes out of Vox.

Show me some real stats with a large sample size over a large period of time, with some statistical significance. Don't cherry pick a 5 month period and not even show the actual numbers. That is garbage and should be treated accordingly.

You could cherry pick a small period that included the Orlando nightclub massacre and determine a large % of homicides in the US are attributed to Islamic inspired homophobia. But it wouldn't be true.
    The time period wasn’t “cherry pick[ed]”, assmunch. The data had to be laboriously collected from various reports because there is no centralized collection of such statistics, nor are police departments in the US required to report them to the federal fovernment. Sort of how the public data gathering and reporting on lynchings of blacks in the US in the early 20th century was non-existent, but was pieced together by later research.

Which begs me to ask: How many of these kinds of postcards did members of your family collect as souvenirs back in the day?

Name:  35C9A181-E4AA-4D79-85AD-0D76FCFCFFA3.jpeg
Views: 185
Size:  884.1 KB

Comments

Texter: Obviously cherry picked rep

SysOp: white guilt

ErickAA: Horrible Post. First negative rep I have ever given out and it was definitely well earned.

BiffCo99: Totally lost

Load Metric

Load Metric
    After protesters find Cruz at D.C. restaurant, O'Rourke calls it 'not right'
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ed-cruz-839102

Democratic Rep. Beto O'Rourke defended the right of Sen. Ted Cruz, his opponent in the Texas Senate race, to eat in peace after protesters bragged about chasing the Republican out of a Washington restaurant Monday night.

"Not right that Senator Cruz and his wife Heidi were surrounded and forced to leave a restaurant last night because of protesters. The Cruz family should be treated with respect," the Texas congressman tweeted Tuesday morning.

According to video posted online, protesters targeted Cruz and his wife for complaints about the confirmation process for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who has been accused of sexual assault in high school and college. Protesters chanted "We believe survivors!" and one called out, "Beto is way hotter than you, dude." Cruz left the restaurant, muttering "God bless you" to the protesters.
    Name:  43EEA544-9181-4998-BFF8-A2C3CC4CDF4C.jpeg
Views: 937
Size:  90.9 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    File this one under Jewish mode of deception, this is clever.
    Cruz is so pro Israel that most Jews in MSM left and right support him and this close race is exposing that fact.
    Just like Trump exposed conservative support for Hillary.

This is circulating among anti immigration whites.

Krugmen admits white genocide is indeed real and then suggests Cruz stands in the way blahahahahahahahahahah.

Imagine getting booed out of a church for talking about Israel to much, lol.

Factoid: Yale recently discovered the number of illegal immigrants is double what we're being told.
    Factoid: Asylum seekers don't count in the official immigration statistics.

Idk this Beto could be our Pierre Trudeau, the media's giving him coverage and they don't do that for candidates they really really dislike.

Load Metric
    After protesters find Cruz at D.C. restaurant, O'Rourke calls it 'not right'
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ed-cruz-839102

Democratic Rep. Beto O'Rourke defended the right of Sen. Ted Cruz, his opponent in the Texas Senate race, to eat in peace after protesters bragged about chasing the Republican out of a Washington restaurant Monday night.

"Not right that Senator Cruz and his wife Heidi were surrounded and forced to leave a restaurant last night because of protesters. The Cruz family should be treated with respect," the Texas congressman tweeted Tuesday morning.

According to video posted online, protesters targeted Cruz and his wife for complaints about the confirmation process for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who has been accused of sexual assault in high school and college. Protesters chanted "We believe survivors!" and one called out, "Beto is way hotter than you, dude." Cruz left the restaurant, muttering "God bless you" to the protesters.
    Name:  43EEA544-9181-4998-BFF8-A2C3CC4CDF4C.jpeg
Views: 937
Size:  90.9 KB

The meme is exactly why he will lose, old libtards and young libtards are different. Beetows only hope is to go low like the repubeblicans.

If you believe that some guy was able to get that close to a Texas senator after Kennedy got his head blown off in dallas, I got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.....PM me if interested.....I'm selling cheap....
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Thread Information