Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Beto O'Rourke for Senate 2018!!! ***

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thank God for people like O'Rourke. I'd vote for him regardless of party affiliation

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Thank God for people like O'Rourke. I'd vote for him regardless of party affiliation

All the easily manipulated drones swoon for this guy like Obama cuz he makes em feel good.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

All the easily manipulated drones swoon for this guy like Obama cuz he makes em feel good.
    Nope, it's because they're smart

Platinum
    Load Metric
    https://www.texasobserver.org/2483-e...l-paso-barrio/

Beta abused his power in El Paso in a shady eminent domain land deal to benefit his father in law....he is like a Kennedy after all.

He fights for the little man by stealing and bulldozing their homes...

Note this article is from 2007...Before Beto de wedo started running for Senate

Load Metric

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

Beta abused his power in El Paso in a shady eminent domain land deal to benefit his father in law....he is like a Kennedy after all.

He later abstained from a key vote in support of the plan, then voted against a key feature of the original plan that angered voters the most (use of eminant domain to acquire private property for the plan). And that helped him to mend his relationship with many of the Hispanic community there. That’s one of reasons he was above to defeat his long-serving and quite popular Hispanic incumbent predecessor in the Democratic primary for the Congressional seat that represents El Paso.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/29/u...as-senate.html
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

He later abstained from a key vote in support of the plan, then voted against a key feature of the original plan that angered voters the most (use of eminant domain to acquire private property for the plan). And that helped him to mend his relationship with many of the Hispanic community there. That’s one of reasons he was above to defeat his long-serving and quite popular Hispanic incumbent predecessor in the Democratic primary for the Congressional seat that represents El Paso.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/29/u...as-senate.html
    Because he got caught is the only reason why he abstained and ctawfished....Puto is shady AF....

Load Metric
    For the record, I voted today. You can guess for whom.

Name:  AF63EB75-14CB-402A-ABCF-D9F6CCD4B181.jpeg
Views: 272
Size:  81.3 KB

So did a close friend who is a life-long registered Republican who utterly despises Hillary Clinton, considers most politicians as disgustingly corrupt, voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 by default because Trump is also awful, but is thoroughly excited about the prospect of Beto winning this election. And would love if he eventually runs for President.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    For the record, I voted today. You can guess for whom.

Name:  AF63EB75-14CB-402A-ABCF-D9F6CCD4B181.jpeg
Views: 272
Size:  81.3 KB

So did a close friend who is a life-long registered Republican who utterly despises Hillary Clinton, considers most politicians as disgustingly corrupt, voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 by default because Trump is also awful, but is thoroughly excited about the prospect of Beto winning this election. And would love if he eventually runs for President.
    When are you two finally getting married?

I voted Gary Johnson as well...but Beta is too liberal...and corrupt...I’m sure his degree in English Lit would make him a great president though.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    lol @ actually voting, what a complete faggot

Platinum
    Load Metric

There's no way Cruz should win, the results will be interesting.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post

You can pick straight ticket then make changes which is what this person probably did, took the pic then changed it back to Beto.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/lo.../285-609288596

Comments

MumblesBadly: Agreed. Selecting “Straight Ticket” just fills in all of the choices for that party in the rest of the ballot, but allows you to customize your choices before submitting your vote.

Platinum
    Load Metric

You can pick straight ticket then make changes which is what this person probably did, took the pic then changed it back to Beto.

Democracy is a total sham it really is
    Name:  DGkHI6yW0AAq3F1.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  16.9 KB
    I heard they blamed the users but it's only flipping Beto to Cruz and not vice versa.

So even if you overcome all the obstacles and have a real grassroots movement
    there's these paperless voting machines that nobody believes are secure.

The US has the nerve to decide whether foreign elections are fair lol.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: O'Keefe is a lying scumbag

Platinum
    Load Metric

Democracy is a total sham it really is
    Name:  DGkHI6yW0AAq3F1.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  16.9 KB
    I heard they blamed the users but it's only flipping Beto to Cruz and not vice versa.

So even if you overcome all the obstacles and have a real grassroots movement
    there's these paperless voting machines that nobody believes are secure.

The US has the nerve to decide whether foreign elections are fair lol.
    It actually does happen both ways...mostly because old people can’t handle rudimentary technology

Platinum
    Load Metric
    And if anyone hasn’t voted in Texas yet, please vote for anyone but Dan Patrick....he’s the worst

Load Metric

Load Metric
    The latest poll has Beto only down 3 and within the margin off error. The posts below are from 2014, and Texas has slowly morphed closer to a California type of place since then. It hasn't been that long since Texas had a Democrat govenor and senator, and anyone who doesn't think Texas can go blue in a presidential election in the near future hasn't lived there to see the change. Trump carried Texas by about 9 points, I'd be shocked if that margin wouldn't be smaller in the current climate. The younger generation in Texas that will eventually vote is sadly full of douchey liberal types, and more and more actual Californians and New Yorkers keep moving here. They have ruined Austin and are slowly poisoning DFW.

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnP View Post

That guy has fanboys? He comes across as an unbelievably douchey, flip flopping, robotic nerd - like the one in a million douche type. His presence and unreal lack of appeal was definitely hurting the Republican party, this sentiment is universal among people my age in Texas.

Douchebags like him are why Texas will soon go Democrat, effectively destroying the Republican chance of electing a president in the near future. This is going to happen, I have posted about it before on the other sites, but Texas is eventually going to go blue -- with the Hispanic vote and overwhelming amount of rich hippie white kids that are growing up it will.

Still wondering who thought it was a good idea to elect him House majority leader. rofl
    I don't think Texas will soon go Democrat. It's got a long way to go for that to happen.

However, I do believe the Republican Party is in trouble in general, and needs to come up with a unified message that appeals the the majority of Americans. The Tea Party is a fringe element which just makes the party appear out of touch.

In 1994, Republicans finally did it right. There was public dissatisfaction with Bill Clinton and Democrats in general, and they put together a unified plan and message to attack Democrats where they were weak. That election ended up being the largest ass-whooping of the Democrats in modern times, and it was primarily thanks to Republican leadership zeroing in on the issues that were important to Americans, and highlighting where they were stronger than Democrats. Newt Gingrich, a very smart man who is great with ideas but poor at actually governing, led this successful 1994 effort.

Since then, Republicans haven't had a 1994, and their 2010 victories were more a result of the failures of Obama/Reid/Pelosi than anything the Republicans did right.

Right now, Republicans have the opportunity to hit it out of the park if they get the right message across and bring forth the right people to deliver that message, but so far they have dropped the ball big time.

The modern Republican Party seems to be more of a contest of out-conservativing each other, and the more centrist/practical Republicans (like Mitt Romney) don't seem to quite have it all together.

This is the poker equivalent of seeing your opponent at the table making tons of stupid mistakes, but also making plenty of mistakes of your own and failing to capitalize on his missteps.

Load Metric
    Name:  5371F403-A894-4ED3-A381-F943F2CA4D73.jpeg
Views: 241
Size:  95.4 KB

This has been the most popular slogan, sign etc. during this election cycle in the state - everything from a Facebook meme to a yard sign.

Load Metric
    quick reminder vaughn is literally a downlow proud boy.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If Texas goes blue, it's pretty much game over for awhile for Republicans in Presidential elections.

California has 55 electors, Texas has 38, and NY has 29. That's 122 votes right there. If they're all blue, Republicans won't be able to pick up enough from other states to win the Presidency. It's just too much of a hurdle to overcome. Right now, Texas has an important role in neutralizing the CA/NY lock for Democrats, only leaving Dems with a 46 vote gain between the 3 states. That would become a 122 vote gain if Texas flips.

If Florida's 29 ever flips reliably to blue (right now it's swing), then it will really be a lock for Dems, as that would be 151 guaranteed votes, requiring just 119 of the remaining 387 to win.

From my observation as an outsider, Vaughn seems to be correct. Austin is very liberal, and I've noticed DFW slowly moving in that direction. If DFW goes blue enough, that might be enough to negate the redness in the rest of the state.

Thread Information