Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: *** Beto O'Rourke for Senate 2018!!! ***

Load Metric
    tomorrow

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    tomorrow

guy doesn't have a shot, even marksbadly hasn't bumped this thread in 5 months

Comments

Mintjewlips: Well when you're right you're right

Load Metric
    Rich billionaire delusional fake Mexican........typical......not all of us are falling for the bullshit....

Comments

cleatus: hey fucko, can ya remember the hilarity that ensued after ya fell for the old metadata story. "WHAT DID I LOSE" "TELL ME"
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Rich billionaire delusional fake Mexican........typical......not all of us are falling for the bullshit....
    which words do not belong? Rich, billionaire, delusional, fake, Mexican, typical.

good thing your bullshit bell isn't broken

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    tomorrow
    Quite frankly, I believe that he is a unofficially running for a VP slot for one of the female candidates, as he is still relatively green politically on a national level, and the huge influence that women are having within the Dem Party means that whatever ticket they put up against Trump will be mixed gender.

With that in mind, Sanders has already committed to having a female running mate, and Biden would be hugely foolish to not also commit to having a female running mate at some point. Same goes for Cory Booker provided that he can ever get out of the cellar in terms of polling. So, one of the female candidates, most likely Harris, would probably needs to someone defang the huge Sanders advantage he has from the progressives AND not have Joe Biden sap away the corporatist/“moderate” Dem votes that the Iowa polling suggests he currently dominates, for Beto to be in a good spot to use he ability to rally skeptical progressives to support Harris in the GE.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 03-13-2019 at 06:10 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Quite frankly, I believe that he is a unofficially running for a VP slot for one of the female candidates, as he is still relatively green politically on a national level, and the huge influence that women are having within the Dem Party means that whatever ticket they put up against Trump will be mixed gender.

With that in mind, Sanders has already committed to having a female running mate, and Biden would be hugely foolish to not also commit to having a female running mate at some point. Same goes for Cory Booker provided that he can ever get out of the cellar in terms of polling. So, one of the female candidates, most likely Harris, would probably needs to someone defang the huge Sanders advantage he has from the progressives AND not have Joe Biden sap away the corporatist/“moderate” Dem votes that the Iowa polling suggests he currently dominates, for Beto to be in a good spot to use he ability to rally skeptical progressives to support Harris in the GE.
    Other words that do not belong......quite frankly

sorry

Load Metric

Interesting theory as I think he’s more likely to emerge the front runner than her. He’s not Obama, but a lot of people thought Obama was going to fill the role you describe for Hillary two years out rather than eventually end up winning.

I found your last line strange. Isn’t she viewed as more progressive? She would seem to need him to make old white midwestern people comfortable. I can’t think why he would need her unless she really looks to be inevitable, which I don’t suspect she will.

This is where I see a lot of problems in the dem primary and hurt feelings. You have two black contenders, one a woman. Multiple women in general. None that I think can win the general. You have a bunch of progressives running on Bernie’s ideas. You have two white dudes. Biden, straight up moderate, and Beto, who isn’t coinsidered far left in comparison, but is probably more electable than many of the candidates. I feel like the only three who could win are Biden-still my gut says no way despite polling. He’ll be stale and won’t geberate excitement. Bernie- you just roll the dice the country is ready and if it is, he’ll win, and Beto gives you that optimistic clean cut left but not too left white guy who might be drawing live in the Midwest. The problem is if the candidate defaults to a white guy in a field full of women and black candidates, how many do you risk pissing off? This is kind of the problem with the party atm.

It’s why despite Trump being a clown, I can’t picture a winner yet.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Interesting theory as I think he’s more likely to emerge the front runner than her. He’s not Obama, but a lot of people thought Obama was going to fill the role you describe for Hillary two years out rather than eventually end up winning.

I found your last line strange. Isn’t she viewed as more progressive? She would seem to need him to make old white midwestern people comfortable. I can’t think why he would need her unless she really looks to be inevitable, which I don’t suspect she will.

This is where I see a lot of problems in the dem primary and hurt feelings. You have two black contenders, one a woman. Multiple women in general. None that I think can win the general. You have a bunch of progressives running on Bernie’s ideas. You have two white dudes. Biden, straight up moderate, and Beto, who isn’t coinsidered far left in comparison, but is probably more electable than many of the candidates. I feel like the only three who could win are Biden-still my gut says no way despite polling. He’ll be stale and won’t geberate excitement. Bernie- you just roll the dice the country is ready and if it is, he’ll win, and Beto gives you that optimistic clean cut left but not too left white guy who might be drawing live in the Midwest. The problem is if the candidate defaults to a white guy in a field full of women and black candidates, how many do you risk pissing off? This is kind of the problem with the party atm.

It’s why despite Trump being a clown, I can’t picture a winner yet.
    Harris may be Black, but (1) her record as attorney general of California is far from progressive, (2) Beto ran his Senate campaign without PAC money, which Harris is awash in, and (3) Beto wholeheartedly pushed for Medicare-for-all during his Senate race, while Harris has given lip service to it in recent public speeches while having her staff couch her statements on the matter that she “would be open” to less expansive reforms.

Prognosis of this political observer? Beto is far more progressive than Harris. But except for the huge demand amondnDem women for a female president, I’d agree that Beto would lead her in primary polling.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Let me be the first to admit...

Load Metric
    FAKE MEXICAN, REAL DEVIL WORSHIPING CALLING CARD HACKER

Oh Robert...

Just when I think I did some fucked up shit that would come out if I ever ran for public office, this guy comes and proves that white privilege is as real as a taco on Tuesday....

Comments

cleatus: hey miguela, ur too weak to run to the corner panaderia for dulces. and ur mental retardation and mongolism wouldn't help.

Load Metric
    confirmed cDc member.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Beto O’Rourke’s secret membership in America’s oldest hacking group

https://www.reuters.com/investigates...-beto-orourke/

Cult of the Dead Cow was a hacking group that was cool back in the late 90's.

Comments

MumblesBadly: His tasting the rainbow contributes to his rebel cred.

Load Metric
    The creepy child murder stories he "fantasized" about is just outright irredeemable....it's just very disturbing...more disturbing is the people that know about this and still support him...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Very interesting article about Beto's previous life as a computer/phone hacker.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates...-beto-orourke/

Beto and I were born the same year.

We both arrived on the computer bulletin board (BBS) scene in the mid-1980s, and both quickly found our way to the hacker world.

I remember reading text files by Cult of the Dead Cow, his hacker group. I was also a member of a hacker group which put out text files, though ours were about hacking, and didn't involve sick fantasy stories about killing kids (seriously, he wrote one like that).

I do find it funny how he brags about "including" a 16-year-old female hacker into the male-dominated community, as if that makes him a progressive of the time.

He likely "included" her for the same reason all other hacker dudes wanted to "include" chicks in their groups -- because they were lonely, horny, and this was their only way of talking to girls.

The few females who found their way into the hacker community were welcomed with open arms, simply because they had a vagina.

I think it's likely he banged that girl, who he remains friends with today. That's basically how it usually worked. The girls who found their way into '80s and '90s hacker communities tended to be outcasts themseves, and often attention-starved. Usually they would establish romantic relationships with one or more of the dudes they'd encounter. I had several such relationships myself. Some of the hacker community chicks were surprisingly attractive. Jennicide got involved in this world in the late '90s, and is a great example of what you'd sometimes find -- hot, damaged, and sometimes possessing low self-esteem.

Here's a picture of them several years later, in 1997. I guess it's possible she wasn't into dudes.

Anyway, the hacker world wasn't a particularly large one, and I tried to figure out if I knew Beto. After all, while we didn't live near one another, I had several years to possibly run into him. It's very possible I did, but I don't remember any of the screen names they listed for him. At the time, he would have just been another kid my age.

He's also lying about not remembering how he made free long distance calls. He definitely remembers.

He either set up his computer to brute-force hack them himself (this was easy to do), or he leeched them (yes, that was the term) off his friends. Anyone in that scene remembers that, even 30 years later.

He doesn't really have much of a chance here, though. He's already acting too weird, right out the gate. This is someone who will get clobbered with the hot national spotlight on him, and he doesn't have the natural Trump killer instinct to zero in upon his opponents and destroy them.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, seriously WTF is with calling the text files "t-files" in that story?

That's not what they were called at all.

They were known as "g-files" (general files) back in the mid-80s, and later came to simply be known as "text files".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, allow me to go on record to say that Washington Post's soft-gloved explanation of Beto's antics is pure propaganda in an attempt to make him seem harmless and curious.

The last paragraph sums up nicely what they're trying to convey:

In other words, O’Rourke wasn’t a hacker in the sense that you might think. A way to describe him at the time that is more fitting with the understood usage of a word would probably be something like “nerd.”
    ... except I can tell you that this wasn't true.

The word "nerd" has taken on a charming, harmless meaning in the 2010s. It usually refers to someone who takes an enthusiastic interest in a particular area of study or entertainment. Reaching back to the '80s, nerds are thought of as gentle, harmless souls who have been historically persecuted by bullies, but more recently are coming into mainstream acceptance.

But that's not what the hacker community was.

We were delinquents -- every last one of us. Most of us weren't bad kids, but there was a lot of testosterone, mischief, and one-upmanship. The hacker groups were somewhat akin to digital gangs, without the violence. You joined (or formed your own) because it gave you power, identity, and a degree of protection from some of the unsavory elements in the community.

Beto wrote his child-murdering fantasy stories not because he was a closet serial killer, but because he wanted to come off as a bad ass.

He should just own it.

Of the entire hacking group matter, Beto said, "It was stuff that I was a part of as a teenager that I’m not proud of today, and I mean that’s the long and short of it."

Except he was quite proud of it, evidenced by his continued attendance at conventions like "Hackers of Planet Earth" in 1997, at age 25 (and presumably beyond).

Here's the real truth.

A lot of us got into this shit because it was forbidden, fun, wild, unpredictable, and competitive. This type of shit was very appealing to the computer-savvy '80s teenager. It also helped that movies like WarGames glamorized hackers, thus giving you some cred with the general public if you claimed to be part of that world. Eventually most of us outgrew it and integrated into normal society as regular functional adults.

I can tell you that I don't regret my time in that community. Sure, I did lots of things I'd never do today (or even 20 years ago). Sure, at times it caused me hassles which I wouldn't have had if I had stayed away from it. But I also made some lifelong friendships. It was key in helping me develop self-confidence. It was where I learned how to really put the screws to someone if they maliciously fuck with you. It was where I learned, decades before identity theft became commonly known, that your personal information is fragile and needs to be protected at all times. It taught me how to think critically of people and their motives. I even met and dated pretty girls through it.

I'm sure Beto doesn't look back upon that time as something he regrets -- except perhaps right now when he's running for President, and it's coming back to bite him.

This is something difficult for him to explain and difficult for most to fully understand, even if you lived through that time period in that age group. That's why he's just trying to brush it away and hopes people don't ask too many questions.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One more thing to note.

These articles keep mentioning that his group, Cult of the Dead Cow, came up with the term "hacktivist".

When you hear "hacktivist", you think of a hacker attempting to use his skills to force social justice of some sort.

While hacker groups of the 2000s and 2010s commonly operated this way, hacktivism itself was quite rare in the '80s and '90s.

These groups were apolitical and didn't give a shit about political or social causes. If anything, there was an anarchist bent to the entire community. The tech world wasn't liberal back then. That came later. It was a combination of apolitical, libertarian, and anarchist. There was a tremendous amount of aggression and puffery. Often truces sprung not from calm rationality, but from fear of mutually assured destruction.

The Gilfoyle character on "Silicon Valley" is a nod to hackers from those days.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One more thing to note.

These articles keep mentioning that his group, Cult of the Dead Cow, came up with the term "hacktivist".

When you hear "hacktivist", you think of a hacker attempting to use his skills to force social justice of some sort.

While hacker groups of the 2000s and 2010s commonly operated this way, hacktivism itself was quite rare in the '80s and '90s.

These groups were apolitical and didn't give a shit about political or social causes. If anything, there was an anarchist bent to the entire community. The tech world wasn't liberal back then. That came later. It was a combination of apolitical, libertarian, and anarchist. There was a tremendous amount of aggression and puffery. Often truces sprung not from calm rationality, but from fear of mutually assured destruction.
    Isn't it a plus that the next U.S. President will know how to use a computer?

Load Metric
    Over/Under on how many days PFA has until the site gets fucked with

I'm putting it under 4 days lol...

Comments

cleatus: hey el retardo, 1 day gone. u should swim back to where u came from. did your frog legs help get u over the fence? now u just a lazy, fat, weak, filthy illegal wetback

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Over/Under on how many days PFA has until the site gets fucked with

I'm putting it under 4 days lol...
    I'm not following.

Fucking with PFA because I'm calling out the bullshit in Beto's excuses?

I doubt it.

If anything, I'm defending him for being involved in that shit, as I was too.

I hate him as a politician, though.

Thread Information