Thread: Clark County Court Judge attacked

Bronze
    Load Metric

Clark County Court Judge attacked

Load Metric

Comments

dmndkutr:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Is that Raymond Davis ?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Is that Raymond Davis ?
    No but amazingly Raymond's bail was changed to $500k from $25k just because he was rude to one of the witnesses when he was representing himself in court.

LOL Vegas justice system.

Bailiffs should have tasers on them for incidents like these. Or pump a bullet into the guy if there's no danger of striking anyone else. If you jump over the bench to attack a judge in court, you deserve whatever you get in an effort to stop you.

I remember in the '80s and '90s it was basically understood that if you attack a police officer or if you attempt to attack a judge in court, there's a decent chance you'll get shot dead, and nobody will blink an eye. Then all the libs got involved and screamed "excessive force", so we have situations like these.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dude could actually get out of jail right now with $8100:

https://www.8newsnow.com/investigato...ould-get-bail/

Judge (a different one) is refusing to give a no-bail order without the guy being present at the hearing. Why wasn't he able to be present? Well, he CAN be present, but he's choosing to refuse to show up to court, despite sitting in jail.

So rather than say "fuck this guy" and putting him at no-bail status, the judge is leaving it at the original, pre-attack $54k, of which only $8100 is required to be posted if he were to use a bail bonds service.

I'll have you guess the political party of the new judge.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I am shocked by very little of the news I hear

But its quite surprising to hear they are letting him out on bail after that jump LOL

good for him

try to send me to jail?

Brother I will jump right at you and I can leap like a cat

Load Metric
    Guy who rushed the judge would make a good unrestricted free agent linebacker for the Jets

Load Metric
    Here's a better video of what happened:

POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    I think judges, like dentists, are predisposed to being pricks. I for one can’t find it in me to condemn that athletic reality check.

Comments

sah_24: typical goat fucker IQ ...

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I always wondered why many of the accused were in shackles with all those cops in the courtroom. I predict all of them will now be.

Load Metric
    https://www.ktnv.com/news/man-who-at...attery-charges

Felon who attacked judge in court appears before her again — this time in shackles, spit mask, and gloves ; sentenced to 19 months for battery charges

LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — A man has been sentenced by the same Clark County District Judge that he attacked last week.

On Monday, Judge Mary Kay Holthus sentenced 30-year-old Deobra Redden to 19 months to four years in prison on attempted battery charges. This was in connection to a baseball bat attack on a person last year and isn't related to the courtroom attack.

Redden is slated to appear before a different judge on Tuesday regarding 15 new felony and misdemeanor charges related to the attack.

Last week, Redden appeared before Holthus on an attempted battery with substantial bodily harm charge. As she was preparing to hand down a sentence, Redden was seen in a viral video jumping over the bench to attack her.

According to an arrest report, Holthus said Redden knocked her out of her chair and slammed her head against the wall before ripping some of her hair out. The report also stated that two marshals were notified of a panic alarm but were dispatched to the wrong courtroom.

The report adds that corrections officers heard Redden state "he had a bad day and tried to kill the judge today" while he was being strip searched.

According to Redden's family, he suffers from schizophrenia, is bipolar, and has been off his medications.

"He was basically born with mental illness. He was born with crack cocaine in his system, so his chance at life was taken at birth," Redden's sister, Ladonna Daniels, said. "He has been off his psych meds since he got out of jail because he doesn't have an appointment until March. He has not taken anything at all."

Daniels said she believes that Redden's reaction was a fight-or-flight response after Holthus said "I think it's time that he got a taste of something else" as she prepared to hand down his sentence.

"He tried to speak for himself. I think he should have never been allowed to take the stand or speak on his own behalf because of his condition. I just think his reactions were not premeditated. It was triggered because he seemed to have been pleading for his freedom," Daniels said. "I think when the judge said 'it's time for you to get a taste of', it became a trigger and in his mind, he felt threatened."

Redden's foster mom, Karen Denise Springer, said Redden also wasn't feeling 100% heading to court last week.

"The night before he had court, he didn't really sleep because when I picked him up to come to court I asked who are you talking to? He said no one.. I used to tell him as a kid, don't listen to those voices. As he got older and took the medication, I saw where he was much calmer," Springer said. "I believe they gave him his first dose in jail yesterday. I could tell in his voice that he was calmer and he didn't realize the magnitude of what happened. It shocked me just as it shocked everybody else. I went to a state of shock. It was heartbreaking to see him. At the end of the day, it's about his mental state. We just seem to forget that."

Springer said Redden had just been released from jail about six weeks ago and was trying to turn things around.

"After he got out, he got an apartment and was in contact with parole and probation. Now you said you're about to send him back? In his mind, he didn't think he was going back. He was ready to go to work the next day. He was in a better place," Springer said. "I felt that even going back to her courtroom was totally biased. Why? You want to send a message."

Holthus returned to court one day after the attack. She filed an order on Friday asking officers to bring him to court "by any and all means necessary". Holthus added she has not changed or modified the original sentence that she was going to hand down last week, prior to the attack.

Last week, Chief Judge Jerry Wiese said there are ongoing conversations about hiring more court marshals and assessing the designs of courtrooms at the Regional Justice Center to prevent something like this from happening again.

Redden's family said they hope he can get the medical help he needs.

"I don't think sending him to prison is going to help anyone with mental illness. The people in prison are trained for prisoners. They're not trained for people who suffer from mental illnesses so he will not get the proper treatment," Daniels said. "We have put him in a worse state of mind because the system has failed him. That's how he feels."

He remained jailed on $54,000 bail pending his Tuesday court appearance on charges including attempted murder, extortion, coercion with force and battery on a protected person, referring to the judge and the officers who came to her aid.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Thought provoking comments from his mother

She is right, he is a good boy who did nothing wrong

The systems fault, extremely unfair to punish him.

In fact, this young man may be due some money from the system for systemic abuse

Banned
    Load Metric

Comments

Jayjami: That was fucking great

Thread Information