Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ACR contacting me because deposit was declined

  1. #1
    Bronze
    Reputation
    17
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    74

    ACR contacting me because deposit was declined

    I just deposited on ACR last night 150$. Lost it no big deal, they contact me by email today saying my visa will not approve their transaction and recommending other ways to deposit. Iím going to pay them but I started thinking.

    What if I just stiff Acr?
    Can they sue me here in the states?
    What real legal action could they take against me?

    Iíve never had a problem with my deposits so Iíve never really thought about it.

  2. #2
    Serial Blogger BeerAndPoker's Avatar
    Reputation
    1372
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9,944
    Blog Entries
    20
    I'm not a believer in rolling a site even one as shady as ACR is but they are in the wrong here because they shouldn't have given your account credit to play until the transaction was approved on their end.

    Since they pre approved it and now apparently can't put the transaction through the only action they can take if you didin't pay them in another way is to ban you from playing on the entire network (all skins) until you settle.

    They can't sue you in this case but might try to harass you or make some claims that things can be done.

    I suppose it comes down to how much you want to play on there.

    For now I would actually wait at least a few days regardless because you want to be sure your credit card don't get a delayed charge.

    I would fear my number getting stolen from any of these international sites since that is the latest thing where a low paid support worker from these sites sells credit card numbers.

  3. #3
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4460
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    30,694
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post
    I just deposited on ACR last night 150$. Lost it no big deal, they contact me by email today saying my visa will not approve their transaction and recommending other ways to deposit. Iím going to pay them but I started thinking.

    What if I just stiff Acr?
    Can they sue me here in the states?
    What real legal action could they take against me?

    Iíve never had a problem with my deposits so Iíve never really thought about it.
    They will not and cannot come after you legally.

    They will do nothing besides ban you from their system and perhaps send you a few threatening letters.

    They have zero legal power over this matter.

    I would not feel guilty about ripping off ACR here. Given all that has come out recently regarding botting, collusion, etc -- all of which they don't seem to give a shit about -- you can stiff them on the $150 guilt-free. FYI, they get stiffed on deposits all the time. Cost of doing business, etc.

    But keep in mind it's one of only two decent sized poker networks for US players, so you will be burning one bridge.

  4. #4
    Bronze
    Reputation
    17
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drawingdead View Post
    I just deposited on ACR last night 150$. Lost it no big deal, they contact me by email today saying my visa will not approve their transaction and recommending other ways to deposit. Iím going to pay them but I started thinking.

    What if I just stiff Acr?
    Can they sue me here in the states?
    What real legal action could they take against me?

    Iíve never had a problem with my deposits so Iíve never really thought about it.
    They will not and cannot come after you legally.

    They will do nothing besides ban you from their system and perhaps send you a few threatening letters.

    They have zero legal power over this matter.

    I would not feel guilty about ripping off ACR here. Given all that has come out recently regarding botting, collusion, etc -- all of which they don't seem to give a shit about -- you can stiff them on the $150 guilt-free. FYI, they get stiffed on deposits all the time. Cost of doing business, etc.

    But keep in mind it's one of only two decent sized poker networks for US players, so you will be burning one bridge.

    Thanks druff, Iím still not going to stiff them because Iím not that kind of a person. Iíve given up on online poker between the fact that Iím much better live and thereís no regulations protecting people Iíll just go to a casino.

  5. #5
    How are you going to pay them? Using the Visa card that was supposedly denied? Their system can't be that bad where they approve a deposit without authorization from Visa. It either works or it doesn't. Within in seconds. Are they asking for a check? Charge them a $150 check fee and call it even.

  6. #6
    Gold ftpjesus's Avatar
    Reputation
    285
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,258
    Quote Originally Posted by IAMMEUR View Post
    How are you going to pay them? Using the Visa card that was supposedly denied? Their system can't be that bad where they approve a deposit without authorization from Visa. It either works or it doesn't. Within in seconds. Are they asking for a check? Charge them a $150 check fee and call it even.
    My guess would be probably crypto payment or WU which are both options I believe on ACR... I keep hoping ACR will expand the Crypto they take to include ETH and or LTC since Coinbase has wallet balances and I can easily send from CB to my Poloniex acct to ACR to keep the gambling aspect hidden.. CB just assumes Im doing crypto trading.. Poloniex is actually great because with it I can swap my crypto balances around whenever I feel like it and even do trading on margain if I so choose..
    <This Ad Space for Rent or Sale>

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *** OFFICIAL *** Cash deposit into someone else's account thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Casinos & Las Vegas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-18-2017, 02:02 AM
  2. Bovada deposit question
    By Drexel in forum Poker Community Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-14-2015, 05:30 PM
  3. BBT Bank fail, Card gets declined for 22.00
    By 4BET in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-31-2015, 07:32 AM
  4. POSSIBLE NEW DEPOSIT OPTION
    By Rollo Tomasi in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 12:21 PM
  5. Credit Report reflects failed deposit from UB
    By TheTemplar in forum Scams, Scandals, and Shadiness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •