Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Student gets into Stanford after writing #BlackLivesMatter on application 100 times

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Student gets into Stanford after writing #BlackLivesMatter on application 100 times

fuck me till i'm dead..........................in b4 u moonlanding, fuckers

when the time comes i think i have to point my son in the westpoint direction. i'm sure they'll teach him to kill as well and learning higher mathematics. not to mention it's free

https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/05/us/st...rnd/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    April 5, 2017 folks

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    April 5, 2017 folks
    This means the student is in the middle of his freshman year, and is LOLing every day at the chumps in admissions.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    April 5, 2017 folks
    This means the student is in the middle of his freshman year, and is LOLing every day at the chumps in admissions.
    What isn't reported in that article were his academic performance, as well as extracurricular acticivities, which from other news reports are pretty impressive for such a young person. And that he also was accepted into Yale University even though he didn't wrote such a essay when applying there. But hater's gonna hate. So keep on hating...
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Hey, haters! Thanks for bringing ziad ahmed to my attention. I'm sure he will appreciate thete being another website that showcases his message.

Comments

BetCheckBet:
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Face to face interviews and even worse, admission essays, especially at 100 words are horrible predictors of performance. But either way it's rare they have a huge impact on decisions alone.

Good for this guy. It's also clear that he is functioning at a very high level (more so than the average Standford student).

But yes moondlanding

Load Metric
    Also he chose to go to yale.....

Comments

MumblesBadly: Yale profs tend to be more politically active.

Load Metric
    I mean just google him...

Even if half of what is written below is bullshit he's still doing a great job.

Ziad Ahmed is an 18-year-old freshman at Yale University. He is an American-Muslim, Bangladeshi, and passionate social justice activist. Ziad founded a teen organization, redefy (www.redefy.org), committed to furthering equality in 2013. Redefy has grown immensely with hundreds of students internationally on the team, over 3,000 likes on Facebook, and over 100,000 hits on redefy.org. Through Redefy, Ziad has been recognized as a 2017 Global Teen Leader, a High School Trailblazer by MTV, a Top 15 Young Prodigy Changing the World by Business Insider, a Diana Award Winner, and a recipient of the Princeton Prize in Race Relations. Ziad has also worked for the Martin O'Malley 2016 Presidential Campaign, holding the role of Co-Head of YouthForOMalley. Ziad has furthered his political engagement through serving as an intern for Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman, as a VSFS Intern for the US Department of the State, and as a founding member of Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman's Youth Advisory Council. He has also volunteered for the Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Campaign, working directly under the Muslim Outreach Director. As an entrepreneur, Ziad has co-founded JÜV Consulting Inc. (www.juvconsulting.com), which is a youth consulting firm. He serves as the CVO of the company, and seeks to empower Generation Z with the opportunity to communicate directly with businesses about what exactly appeals to youth. Additionally, he has given four TEDxTalks, has spoken at forums such as the Council on Foreign Relations, has written for publications such as Teen Vogue, and serves on boards such as the Marketing Advisory Board for DoSomething.org. He has been featured on the Washington Post, NBC, CCTV, TIME, BBC, Bloomberg Businessweek, AJ+, and other notable sources. He has even been personally commended by President Barack Obama, and has had the honor of being invited to the White House three times. Overwhelmingly though, Ziad is just your average teenager grappling with identity, struggling to balance it all, pursuing his passions, and spending way too much time on twitter.

Comments

MumblesBadly: This kid is already way more accomplished than the racist OP could ever likely be.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Ziad Ahmed is an 18-year-old freshman at Yale University. He is an American-Muslim, Bangladeshi, and passionate social justice activist. Ziad founded a teen organization, redefy (www.redefy.org), committed to furthering equality in 2013. Redefy has grown immensely with hundreds of students internationally on the team, over 3,000 likes on Facebook, and over 100,000 hits on redefy.org. Through Redefy, Ziad has been recognized as a 2017 Global Teen Leader, a High School Trailblazer by MTV, a Top 15 Young Prodigy Changing the World by Business Insider, a Diana Award Winner, and a recipient of the Princeton Prize in Race Relations. Ziad has also worked for the Martin O'Malley 2016 Presidential Campaign, holding the role of Co-Head of YouthForOMalley. Ziad has furthered his political engagement through serving as an intern for Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman, as a VSFS Intern for the US Department of the State, and as a founding member of Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman's Youth Advisory Council. He has also volunteered for the Hillary Clinton 2016 Presidential Campaign, working directly under the Muslim Outreach Director. As an entrepreneur, Ziad has co-founded JÜV Consulting Inc. (www.juvconsulting.com), which is a youth consulting firm. He serves as the CVO of the company, and seeks to empower Generation Z with the opportunity to communicate directly with businesses about what exactly appeals to youth. Additionally, he has given four TEDxTalks, has spoken at forums such as the Council on Foreign Relations, has written for publications such as Teen Vogue, and serves on boards such as the Marketing Advisory Board for DoSomething.org. He has been featured on the Washington Post, NBC, CCTV, TIME, BBC, Bloomberg Businessweek, AJ+, and other notable sources. He has even been personally commended by President Barack Obama, and has had the honor of being invited to the White House three times. Overwhelmingly though, Ziad is just your average teenager grappling with identity, struggling to balance it all, pursuing his passions, and spending way too much time on twitter.
    Aye, but apart from that, what did he to to jump the queue ahead of someone who edited an essay they found on the internet, or paid someone to write?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Banned
    Load Metric
    The kid OBV has a 100 pound brain. He was playing chess, while his competition was playing checkers. I am pretty sure if you wanted to compare his IQ to the OP's the results would be laughable.

Mulva needs to start a thread every week titled "I hate n-words" just to get it out of his system.

Comments

MumblesBadly: I think there's already a thread for that.

Load Metric
    Article is misleading...clearly the decision to admit him into the college had a lot more to do with everything else he’s got going for him rather than just the answer he gave...

Kid’s playing great for sure...uppa liberals!
    BALLIN'!!

Load Metric
    I find it amusing that students and parent continue to fall for the 50k a year college scam. There is basically zero reason to go to college unless you are entering a profession that needs it (for example, doctor, attorney ,etc)
    "It just goes to show the kind of person you are , I got no toe"

Load Metric
    Big deal. I got into Villanova by writing "White Power" over and over.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: Vanilla-Nova rep
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Big deal. I got into Villanova by writing "White Power" over and over.

if you would have gone with "God hates fags" they would have immediately elected you student body president.

Load Metric

Mucho apologies but I can't in good conscience reply to a copynpasta. If you could put this into your own words then we will all read & respond accordingly.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by igotnotoe View Post
    I find it amusing that students and parent continue to fall for the 50k a year college scam. There is basically zero reason to go to college unless you are entering a profession that needs it (for example, doctor, attorney ,etc)
    Colleges have addressed your $50k objection. Pretty sure it’s closer to $70k now.

The only time you feel any satisfaction is when you do your taxes and take that mother of a deduction for educational expense.

Thank god I am done with that shit.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-25-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Thats a Guantanamo bay inmate resume..Lollollolhahahahalololololhahalibtards

Comments

hongkonger: Only to crack smoking retards like you

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The sad thing is this kid probably could have done something useful and cool. But it sounds like he is just going to get caught up in social activism and identity politics, so he is just going to turn into a hateful, resentful race peddler.

He will probably find a way to monetize his activism and become wealthy, but will just be a cOmplete turd of a human being.

Comments

thesparten: +1

Load Metric
    I think I have a pretty good handle on how the world works.

The one hole in my model which I could never explain was why several generations of kids seemed so contented and establishment. The angry teen or young 20 is a cornerstone of civilization.

The soul less millenials confounded me.

I could give two fucks about their politics - just show me some heart.

Thus, watching the kids light up little Marco Rubio filled my heart with renewed hope.

Watching Rubio twist as he saw his career vaporize at the hands of a rabble of toddlers was precious. Dude got wrecked

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    When I applied to the University of California schools in 1989, there was much made of the essay portion, which I felt was stupid, since there's not even proof that the student wrote the essay himself.

However, upon further research, I found that 60% of acceptances were done by computer, where the essay is never read.

You knew you were part of that 60% if you got a quick acceptance or rejection letter. If it took some time to get a response, it means you were a marginal case and they read your essay (along with examined your extracurricular activities).

I got accepted to every one of the UC schools I applied to quickly, which means that I was in that 60%.

Which means I could have written, "Fuck off. Your school sucks, and I'm going to rape your mother if you don't accept me here. White power!!!", and I would have been accepted. Not even exaggerating. They never even glanced at my essay.

However, I doubt Stanford has the same procedure. It is a more competitive acceptance process, and a large percentage of their applicants have perfect looking SAT/GPA/Subject/AP test scores. So while my scores there were good enough to merit a computer acceptance at UC schools, there's probably way too many people applying to Stanford with top numbers.

Also, private schools in general tend to be more bitchy about the well-rounded student thing, so they tend to put more weight on the essay and extracurriculars.

My info is almost 30 years old though, and I haven't looked into it recently because there's been no need, so keep that in mind.

Pretty sure this kid got accepted both because he had excellent stats, was a huge overachiever in general, and impressed the admissions board SJWs with his #BlackLivesMatter BS.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Black Lives Matter itself isn't bullshit, but I agree with your analysis here.

Tellafriend: reminder that mumbles is a failed academic

Thread Information