Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PST or EST

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

PST or EST

Which do you think is the appropriate US timezone to state when listing the time of something?

I think we can count at CST and especially MST, because those are both a joke. Yes, CST has more people than PST, but it's still a joke. We need to state the time at one extreme or the other, not some middle bullshit.

I can understand the east coast bias with EST. Over 141 million people live in that time zone, which is by far the most populous.

However, I feel PST is the proper time zone to discuss anything which involves gambling, as Las Vegas is in PST.

This is especially true for poker, as the two biggest cities for US poker are Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

This site will always use PST, because I will always force a west coast bias upon everyone, regardless if it's right or wrong.

Load Metric

:moonlanding
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Which do you think is the appropriate US timezone to state when listing the time of something?

I think we can count at CST and especially MST, because those are both a joke. Yes, CST has more people than PST, but it's still a joke. We need to state the time at one extreme or the other, not some middle bullshit.

I can understand the east coast bias with EST. Over 141 million people live in that time zone, which is by far the most populous.

However, I feel PST is the proper time zone to discuss anything which involves gambling, as Las Vegas is in PST.

This is especially true for poker, as the two biggest cities for US poker are Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

This site will always use PST, because I will always force a west coast bias upon everyone, regardless if it's right or wrong.

WTF!!!

People on either coast like to talk about how much smarter & more educated they are, so change to CST and make these fuckers figure out the time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tough but fair but the world runs on EST

Load Metric
    EST obviously, how is this even a question?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I do laugh when the UFC/MMA and boxing worlds in Vegas basically say fuck the east coast and start their Main Event around 9pm PST.

Also it has to suck for working people in the east to watch their favorite sports team starting games at 10:35pm.

I can deal with not watching Saturday Night Live actually live.

Load Metric
    How do you think we folks in AZ feel. We’re technically aligned with LA most of the year (March to Nov) and then this awkward period now where we are ahead of LV and LA by an hour which fucks with TV as at least with pay channels suddenly shit is an hour later because a lot of stuff comes out of LA for a lot of things. Although having Directv a lot of stuff actually does come out of East coast for like the NBC universal channels like USA and stuff. The one thing I’ve liked is being able to watch my east coast teams early and still be able to watch my prime time shows at normal time.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    ill give druff props for singlehandedly trying to even out east coast bias by being a one man west coast bias...

Load Metric
    I have always been curious about the PFA East v West distribution and always thought a poll would be interesting.

As there would certainly be West Coast election tampering I never bothered to start one on my own.

Load Metric

Fuck you Druff
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here are my time zone power rankings:

1) PST
    2) EST
    3) CST
    4) MST
    5) Atlantic Standard Time (Canada)
    6) Arizona Standard Time (so sad that it imitates Pacific for half the year)
    7) Hawaii Standard Time
    8) Alaska Standard Time

Load Metric
    Here are my time zone power rankings:

1) PST
    2) EST
    3) CST
    4) MST
    5) Atlantic Standard Time (Canada)
    6) Arizona Standard Time (so sad that it imitates Pacific for half the year)
    7) Hawaii Standard Time
    8) Alaska Standard Time
    JFC Druff. WTF is wrong with you?

You left out the best time zone of all.

The Newfoundland Time Zone

Comments

hongkonger: This, and the ones that are a quarter hour off are really trippy
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Silver
    Load Metric

EST is the time zone to state when listing the time of something, no question. PST is a far superior time zone to live in though; primary reason as you alluded to is for sports reasons. Although the stock market opening at 630am is really weird.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Act as if UTC doesn't exist, you fuckin hillbillies.

Say it slowly. Universal. Coordinated. Time.

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/aboututc.html
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Load Metric
    EST will rule for at least another 50 years.

Load Metric
    I used to have this debate with aim crew.

To me, it's simple.

The capitol of the planet is pretty much NYC.

EST.

'nuff said

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    I do laugh when the UFC/MMA and boxing worlds in Vegas basically say fuck the east coast and start their Main Event around 9pm PST..
    UFC PPV main events start at midnight-ish EST on the reg, if not later.

Load Metric
    Ive lived in EST, CST, MST and PST (but too young to really remember CST).

MST and PST are favorites, in that order. Mainly because of sports. I can just DVR soccer whereever.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    I can deal with not watching Saturday Night Live actually live.
    They actually broadcast SNL live on the West Coast this season (and then a replay a few hours later)

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/09/sat...ne-1201878278/

Thread Information