Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again... Daniel Negreanu and Doug Polk in another Twitter slap fight (featuring SrslySirius and Chicago Joey!)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Funny thing is that they're both right.

Daniel has become somewhat of a Pokerstars/Amaya/Stars Group sellout, and will twist and turn to justify Amaya's recent shitty actions because he's on the (lucrative) payroll.

Doug is exploiting this for views and attention (even wearing a MORE RAKE BETTER t-shirt to the WSOP), as it benefits him in a few ways. First off, he really is bitter toward Amaya regarding their pro-unfriendly changes (and mistreatment of the Supernova Elites). Second, he never liked Negreanu, and his feud with the guy goes back years before all of this. Third, and perhaps most importantly, he realized he could attack these two easy targets in order to create drama and get attention.

So Polk's attacks on Negreanu are mostly true and justified, but he's also made a bigger deal out of them than the situation deserves, both because of dislike for Negreanu personally and the personal gain from the views.

Comments

Shizzmoney: cliffs rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  DN_Blackface.jpg
Views: 1586
Size:  23.7 KB

More rake man!

Comments

OSA: hahahaha

badguy23: Only a canadian fag would thing this was alright!!

Baron Von Strucker: I don’t see the problem with this

SrslySirius: UH OH

JACKDANIELS: classic

nunbeater: lulz

Load Metric
    Srslysirius talking to this Has Been, pool playing, cocksucking, David Koresh wanna be Canadian!!

Daniel your time has past Queer!! Handicap this space bitch..

WWW.Upswingpoker.com.

Druff your site is falling by the way side. you best wake up and realize being a Jew tomato on the side guy aint enough.
    Last edited by badguy23; 02-22-2018 at 11:06 PM.

Load Metric
    Todge uv wasted ur life

Comments

RichardBrodiesCombover.: My god Druff

Load Metric
    But shouts to srs

Comments

SrslySirius:

Load Metric
    Get em srslysirius!

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Srsly if you need any background music for your future videos I got you. If the way the piano hits at :30 doesn't make a person straighten up and take notice nothing will.

Comments

jsearles22: Certainly the only way I could get this is to be able to get my car back

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    .Name:  seriouslystupid1.png
Views: 1082
Size:  556.1 KB

Comments

Dan Druff: lolz

Load Metric
    This is like choosing between ISIS and the Taliban. A good public caning (12 strokes minimum) for all those involved might finally end this nonsense. It seems to work for Singapore.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So Polk's attacks on Negreanu are mostly true and justified, but he's also made a bigger deal out of them than the situation deserves, both because of dislike for Negreanu personally and the personal gain from the views.
    We made 240 videos last year. The vast majority of them are boring hand breakdowns. It is ironic that you and Daniel make a big deal out of the handful of dramatic ones while saying things like this.

One of the reasons I walked away from poker media is that I disliked how corrupt the industry can be. Many journalists cozy up to popular players and give them preferential treatment. Sometimes they avoid certain topics to keep advertisers happy. Surely you remember companies like CardPlayer and their relationships with UB/Lock. I came up against this a few times myself, and I don't blame anyone for it, the game is the game. But it never sat well with me.

Now PokerStars outright owns the largest media company in the industry. They don't even try to hide it anymore. They're also buying out anyone they can with reach and influence, such as Twitch streamers. Grassroots fan favorites transformed into soulless corporate shills.

I can honestly say that if PokerStars had reached out to me in 2016 and offered me a well-paying job, I would have told them to eat shit. I enjoy being able to speak my mind, especially after spending a few years walking on eggshells. And I especially enjoy calling out charlatans and scammers. I always have, it's something I'm very good at. That's why I started making videos as a hobby in the first place. That's one of the reasons I registered at this forum and used to spend a lot of time here. It's why I admired Daniel when he used to have the integrity to do the same, such as with Annie Duke and her Epic Poker League.

That freedom comes at a price, and I have closed some doors for myself. Doug has even bigger opportunities, and is out torching bridges instead. That's one of the perks of having Fuck You Money. That's why this narrative of "grandstanding for the views and cash" is so absurd. He could have easily kissed everyone's ass, built a bigger following, got more TV time, landed a big sponsorship deal, and justified paying me more.

And if Doug had come to me with that gameplan in 2016 I would have told him to eat shit too.

Of course I have spent a lot of time in the lab figuring out how to package boring hand breakdowns to get maximum views. And when making videos about DNegs being a shell of his former self, I think in those same terms. But there is no ulterior motive for putting him or anyone else on blast. It's basically for the fucking lulz, like it always has been.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Telling People To Eat Shit Rep

The_Lurker: for lulz is the best reason to do anyhing

JACKDANIELS: that video lol chests

Mdwst Hstlr: respect

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Polk

Comments

SrslySirius: so much beef in these burgers

Charham: making me hungry

herbertstemple: these crackers are making me hungry.

SysOp: such a burger
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    If you read between the lines it's easy to figure out that Tyde secretly owns Pokerstars and explains why Srsly chose to run Opperation GIFucked for what seemed like forever before finally scrapping it. Things are really starting to click for me recently and I love that.

Comments

jsearles22: Sought to get a hold on the other side

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    plz submit my avatar to full contact poker for their new logo. second time might be the charm
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    We made 240 videos last year. The vast majority of them are boring hand breakdowns. It is ironic that you and Daniel make a big deal out of the handful of dramatic ones while saying things like this.

One of the reasons I walked away from poker media is that I disliked how corrupt the industry can be. Many journalists cozy up to popular players and give them preferential treatment. Sometimes they avoid certain topics to keep advertisers happy. Surely you remember companies like CardPlayer and their relationships with UB/Lock. I came up against this a few times myself, and I don't blame anyone for it, the game is the game. But it never sat well with me.

Now PokerStars outright owns the largest media company in the industry. They don't even try to hide it anymore. They're also buying out anyone they can with reach and influence, such as Twitch streamers. Grassroots fan favorites transformed into soulless corporate shills.

I can honestly say that if PokerStars had reached out to me in 2016 and offered me a well-paying job, I would have told them to eat shit. I enjoy being able to speak my mind, especially after spending a few years walking on eggshells. And I especially enjoy calling out charlatans and scammers. I always have, it's something I'm very good at. That's why I started making videos as a hobby in the first place. That's one of the reasons I registered at this forum and used to spend a lot of time here. It's why I admired Daniel when he used to have the integrity to do the same, such as with Annie Duke and her Epic Poker League.

That freedom comes at a price, and I have closed some doors for myself. Doug has even bigger opportunities, and is out torching bridges instead. That's one of the perks of having Fuck You Money. That's why this narrative of "grandstanding for the views and cash" is so absurd. He could have easily kissed everyone's ass, built a bigger following, got more TV time, landed a big sponsorship deal, and justified paying me more.

And if Doug had come to me with that gameplan in 2016 I would have told him to eat shit too.

Of course I have spent a lot of time in the lab figuring out how to package boring hand breakdowns to get maximum views. And when making videos about DNegs being a shell of his former self, I think in those same terms. But there is no ulterior motive for putting him or anyone else on blast. It's basically for the fucking lulz, like it always has been.
    I think you're misunderstanding my analysis here.

As I said, I agree with you about Daniel. He has indeed become a corporate shill, and Doug's videos about him are mostly stating the painful truth.

I also agree that Daniel used to be outspoken about what was right, but recently it seems he will say and write anything to make Pokerstars look good, even if they are shitting the bed big time.

I don't think you're selling out by working for Doug. I've never watched a Polk video and thought, "Wow, this stuff isn't true at all.. how can SrslySirius work on this stuff?"

In general, when Doug Polk says something in a video, I tend to mostly agree with it.

The only area where we differ in opinion is from my belief that Polk has indeed benefited from the bashing of Daniel. If he was going around bashing lots of big name pros, that would be a different story, as he would end up facing a lot of backlash and perhaps face isolation. However, since his bashing of big name pros has been confined primarily to Daniel, I feel he's gaining more than losing from doing that. This is because it's easy to take Polk's side in the videos, even if you like Daniel, due to the fact that everyone can relate to frustration with higher rake (and the corporate shills who excuse it).

So unless you're a huge Daniel fanboy, you watch the Polk videos and think, "Wow, even though I like Daniel, he really has become an insufferable corporate shill, and Polk is the one who cares about average players like me", and it becomes easier to like Polk (and laugh at him clowning on Daniel).

Bottom line is that YouTube personalities tend to need a few punchlines and gimmicks to continue building a following, and Polk found one in the Daniel bashing.

So, again, Polk isn't wrong with what he's saying about Daniel, but I also think he's making it a bigger issue than it needs to be, because it's benefiting him at the same time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Polk got fucked at the Pokerstars awards last night. He was by far the most influential person in all of poker in 2017 and I think an argument could be made that with all of the free in depth content he provided in his videos across multiple platforms that nobody in the history of poker did more for poker in a single year.

Comments

Tellafriend: +1

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Polk got fucked at the Pokerstars awards last night. He was by far the most influential person in all of poker in 2017 and I think an argument could be made that with all of the free in depth content he provided in his videos across multiple platforms that nobody in the history of poker did more for poker in a single year.
    Those awards are a joke anyway.

But yes, I agree Polk deserved to win.

Load Metric

Do you know what else is good for the game?

Firing paid shills like Daniel Negreanu.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    No idea about Polk getting poked this year, but that last sentence of yours had to be written by his mom.
    C'mon

Thread Information