Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
BUMP

For some reason, nobody gave their impression of Season 2, despite it being out for 5 months.

It's funny, but despite liking Season 1, I didn't really feel the urge to watch Season 2. I think I sensed a letdown coming.

I just started watching, and am through 2 episodes. Still fairly good, but doesn't grab your attention like the first season. The problem is that this is more of a contiuation of Season 1 than anything new.

I do think the characters are very well drawn, with none of the main characters being irredeemable villains, and yet all are flawed -- just like in real life. However, there's one exception to this -- Daniel's wife. She's absolutely perfect. She's hot, she's intelligent, she's mature (which Daniel often isn't), she's sensible, she's professional (runs Daniel's dealership with him), and she's understanding. This character doesn't have a single flaw, which unfortunately means she's the only unrealistic character. I don't know why they drew her like this, given that all of the other characters have such depth. One interesting thing about the actress (Courtney Henggeler) is that, despite being hot, she also looks old for her age. I put her well over 40, yet she was only 36 during Season 1, and 37 now. Keep in mind that Ralph Macchio is 57 (but has always looked young for his age), so he's actually 20 years older than her! The Daniel LaRusso character is supposed to be 52 years old in 2019. It is implied in the series that his wife is in her 40s.

Don't post spoilers here unless it's in a spoiler tag.
I liked the first few episodes of the 1st season, but no desire whatsoever to see the second season. It's just not interesting to build up over 10 episodes to a climatic fight at the end. Really, Hollywood really missed this one in that the Johnny sympathetic figure was a great angle. It just should have been on the big screen for a movie with Daniel Larusso being incredibly obnoxious. Not sure why the decided a long series was best.

Kind of like the final Rambo. I have not seen it, nor will I since it looks incredibly stupid. But a retired Rambo in a script like Clint Eastwood in Grand Tarino would have had appeal. Nobody wants to see a 73 old actor acting like he is 40 but I digress.