Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Did you ever want to see what would happen if Johnny from Karate Kid restarted Cobra Kai in 2018, and then Daniel LaRusso wanted to fight him? Me neither.

Load Metric
    I watched S3 over the course of 3 nights. Still great, loved the end. Only detrimental things I see coming is it seems like it should be a 4 season show at most. Anything more and they'll enter Walking Dead level of gross regurgitation.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I watched S3 over the course of 3 nights. Still great, loved the end. Only detrimental things I see coming is it seems like it should be a 4 season show at most. Anything more and they'll enter Walking Dead level of gross regurgitation.
    Agree. I enjoyed season 3 a little less than the previous 2 for that reason. The best part of this series is the lack of prolonged success of all the original actors making them available and willing to do this. Like I dug seeing the Japanese chick, who has held up great, and the villain from KK2 making an appearance again. They’re going to run out of those neat little twists though.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Never botherd watching this before today, really enjoying it so far
    Slava Ukraini!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Season 1 is top top...maybe the single best season of any recent show.

Season 2 is ok, same with season 3....fights are beyond silly but that’s ok...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Agree. I enjoyed season 3 a little less than the previous 2 for that reason. The best part of this series is the lack of prolonged success of all the original actors making them available and willing to do this. Like I dug seeing the Japanese chick, who has held up great, and the villain from KK2 making an appearance again. They’re going to run out of those neat little twists though.
    Season 8 will be Johnny and Daniel getting into hijinks while living in the same nursing home, while their grandkids are getting taught by a hologram Mr. Miyagi.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I also agree that they should end it at Season 4.

This is partially where "Silicon Valley" went wrong. Season 1 was brilliant, but the subsequent seasons were just different rehashings of Season 1, and it went for 6 seasons, which became painful.

There's only so many ways they can tell the story of, "Grown-up Daniel and Johnny try to mentor teenagers, who then use karate to violently fight out their teen angst problems, and everyone tries to teach them it's very bad and they need self-control."

They've done a great job with character development, for the most part. As I mentioned during Season 1, all of the characters are flawed, yet none are outright bad -- not even Kreese, who is somewhat humanized at the beginning of Season 3. The only unrealistic character is Daniel's perfect wife.

But yeah, they're also going to run out of original movie characters to bring back. Also, let's not pretend we want to see them all back. The Karate Kid Part 3 was an abomination. They even screwed up the casting of that one, where they hired an actual 17-year-old to play Daniel's love interest, then had to do a rewrite because Ralph Macchio (28 at the time) felt creepy kissing a 17-year-old. She was turned into a friend, instead. LOL. Then the Terry Silver character was played by a guy much too young to have known Kreese in Vietnam. Whole move was awful.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Is it just me or is Ralph Macchio a way shittier actor now than back in the day? doenst really matter still enjoying the show, just started season 2
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    Fair to say this prediction thread biggest pfa reverse lock? Outside of bitcoins are dead of course.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

This is partially where "Silicon Valley" went wrong. Season 1 was brilliant, but the subsequent seasons were just different rehashings of Season 1, and it went for 6 seasons, which became painful.

There's only so many ways they can tell the story of, "Grown-up Daniel and Johnny try to mentor teenagers, who then use karate to violently fight out their teen angst problems, and everyone tries to teach them it's very bad and they need self-control."

They've done a great job with character development, for the most part. As I mentioned during Season 1, all of the characters are flawed, yet none are outright bad -- not even Kreese, who is somewhat humanized at the beginning of Season 3. The only unrealistic character is Daniel's perfect wife.

But yeah, they're also going to run out of original movie characters to bring back. Also, let's not pretend we want to see them all back. The Karate Kid Part 3 was an abomination. They even screwed up the casting of that one, where they hired an actual 17-year-old to play Daniel's love interest, then had to do a rewrite because Ralph Macchio (28 at the time) felt creepy kissing a 17-year-old. She was turned into a friend, instead. LOL. Then the Terry Silver character was played by a guy much too young to have known Kreese in Vietnam. Whole move was awful.
    When is the Hillary Swank cameo....talk about a needless sequel.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

That sucked, as did the 2010 reboot where they somehow thought Jayden Smith was going to take over the franchise (lol).

However, both were less obnoxious than Karate Kid Part 3, which pretty much failed at everything it tried to do.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

That sucked, as did the 2010 reboot where they somehow thought Jayden Smith was going to take over the franchise (lol).

However, both were less obnoxious than Karate Kid Part 3, which pretty much failed at everything it tried to do.
    That Jayden Smith one was decent, at least it was changed up a bit...not great but a kid would enjoy it.

Load Metric

Thread Information