Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter, Parkland, FL High School

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    We agree on a lot Gordman but not on this one. Do you think a 19 year old should be able to walk into a gun store and buy an assault rifle with barely any back round check? LOL the 19 year old can't go have a beer but he can buy an AR-15 with no questions asked.
    Something has to be done cus this is a god dam disgrace. Imagine being one of the parents right now? How many kids have to die before morals trump profits?
    It isn't about profits it's about fearmongering, penis insecurity and racism. It won't change. If it didn't change after Sandy Hook it's never going to change. Americans deserve what they get.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    I feel awful for that poor women and Give here a lot of credit for not taking this shit without speaking her mind.

If that was my kid I'd highly consider heading down to Rubios office myself with an AR and taking his sorry little ass out.

Ok but your takeaway from all previous school shootings was confusion as to why more parents weren't on TV doing interviews right away? Because my takeaway has always been the exact opposite. I've always been like how the fuck can you go on TV so soon. In my experience when people lose a young child they only want to be seen by family and the closest of friends. Generally these people are so distraught that they don't even make it out into the community for weeks if not months. And OMG if some reporter asked if they could do an interview with the grieving mother while the childs body sat in a morgue there would always be a crazy uncle type that would pop out the back door and shove the reporter to the ground and smash the camera for having the nerve to even ask.
    Everyone is different and everyone deals with things in their own way.Some people isolate from society, some get fired up and lose their minds,some drink, some look to get even with whoever they feel was responsible for why they are in such pain.
    Bottom line is nobody should go to school and get gunned down by some maniac because our shit bag politicians are fucking cowards and afraid to stand up and do what is right.
    Tbh I blame the NRA more the I blame the shooter himself, this kid was obv fucked in the head and a rotten cunt but the NRA does not have a mental disorder to fall back on they are just greedy pigs who are contributing to Americas children being slaughtered like pigs while at school. Fucking disgrace.

Load Metric
    Also hate to say it but lets put this is perspective your kids are so much more likely to be killed at a high school party than at school. Mass shootings as horrible as they, are are actually not a relatively important problem at this time. Your kid is still much more likely to be killed by a family member or significant other than a rando at school.

Load Metric
    We agree on a lot Gordman but not on this one. Do you think a 19 year old should be able to walk into a gun store and buy an assault rifle with barely any back round check? LOL the 19 year old can't go have a beer but he can buy an AR-15 with no questions asked.
    Something has to be done cus this is a god dam disgrace. Imagine being one of the parents right now? How many kids have to die before morals trump profits?
    Seriously, at least have mommy and daddy approve any purchase under 21. I am watching these students speaking this afternoon, and I have always been pretty pro 2nd amendment, but enough. We regulate the shit of of so many less dangerous areas, but guns are untouchable? Yes I like to shoot guns, but I am happy to jump through all sorts of hoops and pay through the teeth if we could ever do some serious regulations. I mean really, most young men are idiots (brain is developing all the way to 25) and charged up with hormones, they shouldn't be near guns. Make them expensive and heavy backgrounds checks and not available under 21, and frankly under 30 would be better.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    We agree on a lot Gordman but not on this one. Do you think a 19 year old should be able to walk into a gun store and buy an assault rifle with barely any back round check? LOL the 19 year old can't go have a beer but he can an AR-15 with no questions asked.
    Lets correct things where they need to be first. A person CANNOT walk into a gun store to buy an assault rifle anywhere in this country. You simply cannot legally purchase an assault rifle here - its been like this for decades. Also, there is federal background checks for any gun you buy in any gun store.

Most people here know i own guns. I have several of them including AR's - all legally purchased and i have a clean record and even a CC permit (i own zero assault rifles) I have no intention or desire to misuse them or let them fall into the wrong hands.
    i don't get what you're saying here.

a person absolutely CAN walk into a gun store and buy an assault rifle. are you contending that they're illegal in the US cause they're not. you then go on to say that you own zero assault rifles but own several AR's... which are assault rifles.

did you mean you can't legally get fully automatic machine guns? i don't think any of the mass shootings lately have been with fully automatic weapons

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Oh man. I knew you were gonna hit me with the everyone reacts differently arguement. I refuse to believe going on TV and making a political statement is near as common as we are made to believe. People use the same arguement to explain all the smiling in interviews from the loved ones and friends and victims of these shootings. Ok like if 1 out of 20 people flashed big smiles I could agree but when over half the people can't hold in their smiles I can't subscribe.

Comments

splitthis:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Picture this same Florida shooter had zero access to weapons.

Picture full gun control in the US, which is somehow miraculously effective and he absolutely cannot get access to a gun.

Yet he still has the same desire to kill a mass number of people.

Do you think he would have just said, "Aw shucks! If only I had a gun....", and given up?

Or do you think that he might have utilized bombs or a vehicle to kill people anyway?

People are focusing on the wrong things here.

This guy clearly committed a premeditated act, and would have simply planned it using a different mass-murdering "weapon" if he had no access to guns.

The focus here should be on the FBI and how they massively shit the bed.

The secondary focus here should be on the broken mental health system in the US.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Americans deserve what they get.
    Hongkonger, Max Power finds this statement to be disgusting. You basically just said children deserved to die. A child of God never deserves to be murdered, liberal.
    Real men and women of integrity will one day save the Republican Party from this scourge.

- Max Power

Load Metric
    Omg Druff you are the male version of my girl Laura Loomer. She's pretty good looking too. If there is ever trouble in paradise you should hit up her DMs. Her plane should be landing in Ft. Lauderdale any minute.

Also to hit on your second point they just 5150d the shooter's brother.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Picture full gun control in the US, which is somehow miraculously effective and he absolutely cannot get access to a gun.

Do you think he would have just said, "Aw shucks! If only I had a gun....", and given up?

Or do you think that he might have utilized bombs or a vehicle to kill people anyway?

This guy clearly committed a premeditated act, and would have simply planned it using a different mass-murdering "weapon" if he had no access to guns.

The secondary focus here should be on the broken mental health system in the US.
    you're right about the FBI and the mental health system but missing the point about guns. would they have stopped this psychopath from killing anyone? probably not. but would there have been a lot less deaths? that's overwhelmingly likely. if you look at the shootings like in vegas or at pulse night club where there was a much higher number death toll, this becomes inarguable.

we need to at least be honest on all of the issues if we're going to have a serious debate in this country

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    obv trump and gun guntrol is to blame for this. not some lunatic with mental problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    I’ll pass on the gun control debate. There will always be another shooting to go 12 rounds on this issue

The woman who gave the homeless shooter and his AR-15 a place to live is a saint.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I am not sure about this in this case. It seems like this kid was obsessed with guns and then started with animals and escalated to killing humans with guns. Without being obsessed with guns first I don’t think this escalates into a mass murder. With no access to guns Probably more likely he gets into knives and starts by stabbing animals and escalates Into an attack where he stabs a few kids and then is apprehended.

But I agree with the mental health issue. And we (the media mainly) are spending way too much time focusing on his “alt-right” views and way too little time on the fact he had serious mental health issues that werent being addressed adequately.

Load Metric
    Max Power would like to point out it is much more difficult to pull off building a bomb and detonating it as opposed to buying a firearm legally, loading it with bullets and shooting unsuspecting children. Also, last Max Power checked, no car is going to be able to mow down students in hallways and classrooms.

Max Power has always hated the bombs and cars arguments.

Stricter background checks, new laws and heavier regulation is the immediate answer now. An assault weapons ban is nothing more than just a phrase. An AR is no different than many rifles that will not fall under an AR ban. Add to that, the vast majority of Americans who already own AR's will never willingly give them up. While this is all going on right now AR sales are through the roof.
    Real men and women of integrity will one day save the Republican Party from this scourge.

- Max Power

Load Metric
    Let us not also forget the uber driver that violated ubers terms of service when he delivered Cruz to the school with his arsenal when we hand out the blame.

https://www.uber.com/legal/policies/...ion-policy/en/

Comments

splitthis:

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Max Power would like to point out it is much more difficult to pull off building a bomb and detonating it as opposed to buying a firearm legally, loading it with bullets and shooting unsuspecting children. Also, last Max Power checked, no car is going to be able to mow down students in hallways and classrooms.

Max Power has always hated the bombs and cars arguments.

Stricter background checks, new laws and heavier regulation is the immediate answer now. An assault weapons ban is nothing more than just a phrase. An AR is no different than many rifles that will not fall under an AR ban. Add to that, the vast majority of Americans who already own AR's will never willingly give them up. While this is all going on right now AR sales are through the roof.

Don't be mad at Druff, it's not his fault. Fox news told him to say those things.

Load Metric

Wrong. The US has so many school shootings the FBI has no ability to stop them all. The solution of any 'primary' focus is not to concentrate on some safety net authoritarian prevention program. Have you not yet figured out that strategy never works?

The primary focus should be to figure out why there are so many completely disenfranchised youth in the US that are absolutely devoid of life ambition. They feel the only way to make a name for themselves is through murder. It's not that hard to figure out why they do it, often they write it all down for you to read. Read the Colombine guys notes. They are public and they explain precisely what they were thinking.

Blaming the FBI for school shootings is as dumb as blaming homeland security for every murder committed by a Muslim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    we need to at least be honest on all of the issues if we're going to have a serious debate in this country

I completely agree. I suspect we all do. The obvious problem is that we completely disagree on what the primary and motivating cause of this dysfunction is. Some people foolishly believe the problem is guns or their availability. Others believe the problem is with people, mostly their hopelessness, which stems from the unwise and often immoral choices made by their parents -- which typically devolves into single, unwed mothers raising a generation of supposed men. The guvment then encourages generations of people to remain hopeless and devalued. Little wonder some of them act out. Demographics have increased their frequency; little surprise there either. So, to get real or as you say, be honest, are you suggesting that the rest of us who live by another code disarm ourselves in such a fashion that we are at the mercy of these hopeless and deranged fuckers? No thanks, that is a recipe for disaster.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

I completely agree. I suspect we all do. The obvious problem is that we completely disagree on what the primary and motivating cause of this dysfunction is. Some people foolishly believe the problem is guns or their availability. Others believe the problem is with people, mostly their hopelessness, which stems from the unwise and often immoral choices made by their parents -- which typically devolves into single, unwed mothers raising a generation of supposed men. The guvment then encourages generations of people to remain hopeless and devalued. Little wonder some of them act out. Demographics have increased their frequency; little surprise there either. So, to get real or as you say, be honest, are you suggesting that the rest of us who live by another code disarm ourselves in such a fashion that we are at the mercy of these hopeless and deranged fuckers? No thanks, that is a recipe for disaster.
    Tellafriend, Max Power is enthused to see a member of Team Retard engaging in meaningful debate in an intelligent manner, and you actually make good points. Maybe there is still hope for you, Tellafriend, after all.

Max Power doesn't hear anyone clamoring to take guns away from law abiding citizens except for the far left. That is not a realistic outcome in the United States of America, at least not until our generation dies off and millineals and their children take over. Bi-partisan immediate action will be through closing gun show loop holes, heavier regulations and background checks, as well as heavier enforcement and laws.

- Max Power

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

i admit there's not a lot of fantastic options. i'm not in love with full disarming, though there's no need for anyone to have assault rifles. i actually own guns and, god's honest truth, in my suburban gangster phase owned a tec-9 (the most badass horribly manufactured handgun that about $179 could get you).

for a solution, i'm at the point where i would be ok with a tax increase just to put an armed militia in all of our schools.

Thread Information