Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter, Parkland, FL High School

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW, I bought a gun in 2008. I didn't own one before then. I wasn't opposed to owning one, but I didn't feel enough drive to go get one.

I changed my mind because of a stupid thing that happened in Vegas.

I was sitting in my apartment at about 2am and I heard the window being slammed upon hard.

I lived in an area which was okay, but it was far from crime-free. (I didn't have much choice if I wanted to live close to the strip and not pay a fortune.)

I didn't know what that bang on the window was, but it for sure was too loud to have been anything but a human being, and my window wasn't close to any walkways.

I felt helpless and didn't know what to do. It didn't help that it was during the AP/UB scandals, and I was very vocal in calling them out. One of the other guys doing that had received death threats. No one ever threatened me, but it was on my mind when I heard that window thing. Was it possible someone was trying to force open the window?

I ran out of view of that window, grabbed a large object, and waited with a fast-beating heart.

I was so angry at myself for not having bought a gun.

My phone rang a few minutes later, and it was an idiot friend of mine playing a prank on me (no one anyone here knows). I told him to never do that shit again.

The next day I drove to a gun store, and started the process to buy one.
    1. Friends do dumb shit
    2. Average gun owner has average intelligence
    3. Friends of gun owners have an average chance of getting accidentally shot in Las Vegas
    Maybe, but I wouldn't have shot anyone unless they actually broke into my apartment. Wasn't going to shoot out the window.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    like we could just start with making military murder-guns illegal.

but we wont.

because lolpublicans + god + the bible or something.
    yep, let's at least ban semi-automatic rifles or anything with a large clip.

i'd be good with just shotgun ownership in the home

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

but we wont.

Many handguns have a capacity of 10-17 rounds and are semi-automatic.

There's a misunderstanding by many what semi-automatic means. It just means you can keep pulling the trigger and fire without any other action required.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, I find it interesting that when 17 teenagers are shot dead in school, gun control becomes a major discussion.

Yet look at all the murders taking place in cities like Chicago every day, and that is rarely discussed or cared about by the general public.

Black lives matter? I'm starting to wonder.

I guess they only matter when the black lives are taken by white cops.

Left wing gun control advocates don't like to discuss inner city gun murders because 1) they are almost always committed by minorities and 2) the guns are often illegal.

The truth is that your child has a very, very, very tiny chance of ever dying in a school shooting. It's one of those things which is very scary when it happens, because every parent feels a bit helpless when their kid is at school. But in reality, your child is far more likely to die in a car accident when you drive them to school every day.

If there is any reason to change gun laws, it should be based upon a persistent threat to the population, not based upon a headline-grabbing situation which affects only a tiny, tiny percentage of the population.

Comments

Tellafriend: A+

Load Metric

Many handguns have a capacity of 10-17 rounds and are semi-automatic.

There's a misunderstanding by many what semi-automatic means. It just means you can keep pulling the trigger and fire without any other action required.
    yes, i'm aware and that's why i only mentioned approving shotguns, which at least in my experience, are usually not semi-automatic. i want semi-automatic rifles banned as well as any large clips for pistols. i'd take pistols banned as well but small steps

Load Metric
    Also, I find it interesting that when 17 teenagers are shot dead in school, gun control becomes a major discussion.

Yet look at all the murders taking place in cities like Chicago every day, and that is rarely discussed or cared about by the general public.

Left wing gun control advocates don't like to discuss inner city gun murders because 1) they are almost always committed by minorities and 2) the guns are often illegal.

The truth is that your child has a very, very, very tiny chance of ever dying in a school shooting. It's one of those things which is very scary when it happens, because every parent feels a bit helpless when their kid is at school. But in reality, your child is far more likely to die in a car accident when you drive them to school every day.

If there is any reason to change gun laws, it should be based upon a persistent threat to the population, not based upon a headline-grabbing situation which affects only a tiny, tiny percentage of the population.
    counterpoint

Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    It's becoming clear Hitler and the German people are the most lied about people in history, ffs how many one sided lies have to be exposed before we halt the extortion of the German people and question everything.

Anyways after the blatant defamation of JO I feel the Jewish people should have a special obligation to the African people, the Jewish people know what it's like to be refugees.
    Uploaded minutes ago by haaretz.

facepalm, come on guys...

Blake

Look who reads my posts

Haha I better ad a JK, that guy smh

Load Metric

Simple answer. The easily influenced mouth breathers of this country overreact to what they see on social media. The "stars" of social media only give a shit about what will get them the attention that they seek. At the end of the day, dead white kids move the needle much farther than dead niglets.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Yet the criminals would still have theirs.
    the only people that would risk a 5-year mandatory minimum sentence are legit gangs who tend to shoot up each other. there would be no impulse killings, school shootings, etc. no gun crimes would be committed by "ordinary people." gang members would be incarcerated so fast that it would be ridiculous

for a while.
    For a very, very, very long while.

Between the already illegal guns out there, plus all the guns that wouldn't be turned in upon a mandatory buyback program (there would be a high number of people claiming to have "lost" theirs, or whatever), it would take an incredibly long time to eventually find these guns and confiscate them.

And when I say a long time, I mean that if you knocked up some woman today, your great great grandkids wouldn't be in a gun free society.
    i think you're way off on this like i said above. also i just don't get this reasoning. guns would be off the streets within a generation or two. if you thought this gun ban would eventually work -- and immediately reduce gun crimes by 99% the second the law is enacted -- why not do this now? it seems crazy when you really think about it.
    Blake aren’t you an attorney? You must not practice federal criminal law. The dockets are replete w fools charged w felon in possession of weapons which carry 5 years. Criminals have already decided the consequences are worth the risk. Anyway, stick w baccarat.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

the only people that would risk a 5-year mandatory minimum sentence are legit gangs who tend to shoot up each other. there would be no impulse killings, school shootings, etc. no gun crimes would be committed by "ordinary people." gang members would be incarcerated so fast that it would be ridiculous

for a while.
    For a very, very, very long while.

Between the already illegal guns out there, plus all the guns that wouldn't be turned in upon a mandatory buyback program (there would be a high number of people claiming to have "lost" theirs, or whatever), it would take an incredibly long time to eventually find these guns and confiscate them.

And when I say a long time, I mean that if you knocked up some woman today, your great great grandkids wouldn't be in a gun free society.
    i think you're way off on this like i said above. also i just don't get this reasoning. guns would be off the streets within a generation or two. if you thought this gun ban would eventually work -- and immediately reduce gun crimes by 99% the second the law is enacted -- why not do this now? it seems crazy when you really think about it.
    Blake aren’t you an attorney? You must not practice federal criminal law. The dockets are replete w fools charged w felon in possession of weapons which carry 5 years. Criminals have already decided the consequences are worth the risk. Anyway, stick w baccarat.
    ugh fine, give them 10 years then

yeah i don't do criminal law though i was once appointed to represent some drug dealer. i managed to talk the prosecutor into a lighter sentence though, which was neat

i used to meet with the guy in the federal detention center in philly at the same time that joey merlino (alleged philly mob boss) was there. i don't know if i believe this, but he said that merlino had his whole section of the jail to himself like in goodfellas. "they eat steak and shrimp every night."

joey got acquitted this week in another case in New York

Load Metric
    Yeah, the gun registry went over really good up here in Canada there blake.

Not sure why you think people wouldn't risk jail time when normal everyday farmers told the government to go fuck themselves if they thought they were gonna register their guns. Of course we already had working gun laws here & these mass killing machines you have down there are waaaaaaaaay harder to get here. Not impossible but harder.

The government scrapped this proposed registry due to significant public backlash BTW.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Yeah, the gun registry went over really good up here in Canada there blake.

Not sure why you think people wouldn't risk jail time when normal everyday farmers told the government to go fuck themselves if they thought they were gonna register their guns. Of course we already had working gun laws here & these mass killing machines you have down there are waaaaaaaaay harder to get here. Not impossible but harder.

The government scrapped this proposed registry due to significant public backlash BTW.
    to be fair, i never thought the gun ban would (or even could) happen right now. the public would be overwhelmingly against it

i do think it will happen someday but maybe not in our lifetimes

Load Metric

so frustrating in Chicago. The local radical liberals decided to empty the jails because too many minorities were in jail. So low bail and probation now for pretty much anything other than murder and rape. Illegal gun. No consequence. These are the same people who scream for gun control but when they actually get ahold of an illegal gun they don’t do shit. (I am all for registration and secret level clearance type background checks BTW).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    holy shit it gets worse:
    When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.
    Jesus this is turning into a real real bad look here.
    Oh man it gets worse and worse :

The Coral Springs officers, meanwhile, entered the building soon after they arrived on scene to confront the shooter, while the four Broward County Sheriff's deputies remained outside until two more officers arrived on scene along with an officer from neighboring Sunrise city.

Load Metric
    Sort of reminds me, did we ever find out what the police response actually was in the Vegas shooting? Did we end up with more of this cowardice 2? I thought the security guard spoked the guy and he killed himself but then the timeline was questioned.

Load Metric

I care just as much about inner city murder. There, as with school shooters, guns are a huge contributing factor.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Druff is talking about the strawman "liberal" portrayed by Fox News, not actual liberals
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

but we wont.

shotguns, bolt action rifles, revolvers, 9 or less shells in clip.

if someones smart enough to show up with a FN Five-Seven well thats just my bad luck.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Want to watch Druff suck and blow at the same time? Ask him to explain the odds of being killed by an illegal alien/terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    I am currently in Parkland Florida, and staying yards away from the school.

It always amazes me how they want to build up the military they say they need the weapons to protect themselves from.

Name:  338BBCC4-6C90-4529-80E6-1BAB2F368B0C.jpeg
Views: 162
Size:  36.4 KB
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    It seems like much of the time the people who are in favor of banning or restricting guns really don't know what the hell they're talking about. They want to ban this "scary" gun over here but don't know "that" gun over there is pretty damn similar. They say shit like they want to get rid of "fully semi-automatic assault rifles" as if that means anything. They perceive something being illegal to mean it can't be done.

Some say they only want restrictions and more background checks, others say they want certain guns banned, and others say they want all guns banned. Those who say they just want some more restrictions but not all guns banned do so under a guise that they don't want them all banned, but they really do. With baby steps and people giving away their rights, I think it'll eventually happen, unfortunately.

If/when restrictions go into place, the response will either be, "Wow, this works, but there are still shootings, we need to ban more guns!" OR "Hmm, this isn't working, people are still shooting up schools, I guess we just gotta ban more guns!"

With any other "problem", we try to find the root of the problem and fix that. Why do people act like there is a "gun" problem when it's a HUMAN problem? If you take away all the guns, you're still going to have crazy people wanting to fuck shit up. And as I'm sure we all know, there are plenty of ways to fuck shit up without a gun. Why don't we go after the root of the problem and figure out why people are going on mass shootings? Get rid of the reason people want to go shoot people up and guess what....they won't do it! Give 100 normal people a gun and no one gets hurt. Give 100 crazy people a baseball bat and all of a sudden we'll have a "baseball bat problem".

Comments

hongkonger: Poor

sonatine: thats going to play better at vegasgamblingtalk or whatever that tarpit of desperate stupidity is

Hockey Guy: I'll take the baseball bat problem over the alternative any day.

Thread Information