Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Shooter, Parkland, FL High School

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Dang what a terrible time to be an American. Tied for fifth in Olympic medals, limitles emigrated here, a fucking game show host is our president, #metoo is still a fucking thing, and now Jew on Jew school shootings?

They really need to throw the people a bone here. I think to appease the people on the right they need to have Trump fire the FBI director, to appease the left outlaw one gun of their chosing. I'd imagine the choice would be the AR-15 but they can pick. And to appease me I'd like more Alexa Miednik interviews and if possible by Savanna Guthrie or better and not the guy covering spring training for the Astros like last time. But if the MSM is going to keep ignoring her I think it would be a great time for Matt Lauer to sneak back in to the game independently.

Comments

Deal: Deep clit thoughts

splitthis:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    LOL. CNN is now spinning this into an anti-semitic attack. And trying to blame Trump for this. They actually contacted Trump's team to ask whether he really had correspondence with Cruz. I thought stalking him on a golf course was bad, but this is a new low. They are completely unhinged.

Comments

Tellafriend:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Believe it or not

LESS gun control is the answer
    Probably true but not for the reasons you will give.

Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better. The youth are completely pissed off already. More shootings and more dumb old voters dying off will encourage the youth to take over the power structure and make the real changes required. Trump is just escalating the timeline that this will occur. The future is bright for the US but not before a major recession and a complete change in Global power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Believe it or not

LESS gun control is the answer
    Probably true but not for the reasons you will give.

Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better. The youth are completely pissed off already. More shootings and more dumb old voters dying off will encourage the youth to take over the power structure and make the real changes required. Trump is just escalating the timeline that this will occur. The future is bright for the US but not before a major recession and a complete change in Global power.
    I dunno. It seems the millennial generation is just obsessed with victimization, and complaining about how everyone is a victim and a special snowflake. And being obsessed with victimhood is a recipe for doing nothing productive. Probably a lost cause. But these things tend to go in cycles, so the generation after might actually do something productive. But we have to get beyond all this identity politics and victimization nonsense.

Load Metric
    i propose a murder tax on all guns sold or traded.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    High gun tax, use funds for background checks - fbi type checks like for security clearances. It’s probably the next step for a national database, but I have given up on civil liberties a long time ago. Sorry but angry young males and guns don’t mix unless pointed at enemy combatants.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    High gun tax, use funds for background checks - fbi type checks like for security clearances. It’s probably the next step for a national database, but I have given up on civil liberties a long time ago. Sorry but angry young males and guns don’t mix unless pointed at enemy combatants.

its a funny thing, how our domestic mass murderer body count has risen in proportion to how we scale down our boots-on-the-ground presence in foreign hot zones.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Actually, I was listening to a real interesting Jordan Peterson podcast where he interviewed a sociologist who did research that crime and murder rate was correlated to income disparity within a community. The interesting thing is that it was not absolute income that mattered, but relative income. The hypothesis of the researcher was that behaviors of young males, who commit most crime, was consciously and unconsciously dictated by status seeking. And that the more income disparity there was, the more those on the lower end of the spectrum resorted to criminal activity towards achieving status.

Also, the researcher noted in that most murders in inner cities, especially in cases where it was one gang member murdering another, it would normally get pleaded down to manslaughter and the person would only be in jail a couple years, at which point they would go back into the community and have high status due street cred.

This pertains more to your garden variety murders that involve gang members and whatnot than it does to psychotic serial killers. But interesting nonetheless.

What it basically all boils down to, is that young males act in ways that they perceive will cause women within their community want to fuck them more. And in some social situations, most notably where there was extreme income disparity and lack of access to social mobility, crime including murder was perceived as a rationale way to achieve this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Actually, I was listening to a real interesting Jordan Peterson podcast where he interviewed a sociologist who did research that crime and murder rate was correlated to income disparity within a community. The interesting thing is that it was not absolute income that mattered, but relative income. The hypothesis of the researcher was that behaviors of young males, who commit most crime, was consciously and unconsciously dictated by status seeking. And that the more income disparity there was, the more those on the lower end of the spectrum resorted to criminal activity towards achieving status.

Also, the researcher noted in that most murders in inner cities, especially in cases where it was one gang member murdering another, it would normally get pleaded down to manslaughter and the person would only be in jail a couple years, at which point they would go back into the community and have high status due street cred.

This pertains more to your garden variety murders that involve gang members and whatnot than it does to psychotic serial killers. But interesting nonetheless.

What it basically all boils down to, is that young males act in ways that they perceive will cause women within their community want to fuck them more. And in some social situations, most notably where there was extreme income disparity and lack of access to social mobility, crime including murder was perceived as a rationale way to achieve this.
    fascinating, especially given that the shooting was on v day. Some sort of primal display. I am sure we all took one look at the guy and what he was all about and thought no way in hell he could ever have a girlfriend. Oddly enough you read about all the women attracted to serial killers... all sort of fits into the narrative of that podcast.
    Last edited by Charham; 02-17-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Load Metric
    Good to see the students and parents at this particular school shooting not taking this shit lying down
    They are getting in Trumps face and that little sellout scumbag Rubios face.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Lots of good ideas in this thread

I propose we federally mandate lie detector tests to every breathing person in America. Anyone who has a gun, dreams about guns, forms any of their foods ( Pop Tarts for ex) into a shape of a gun, has played cops and robbers as a kid (and other related games), plays any video games that contains a gun, or even randomly asked themselves at any point in their life "should i get a gun?", should be immediately executed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

I propose we federally mandate lie detector tests to every breathing person in America. Anyone who has a gun, dreams about guns, forms any of their foods ( Pop Tarts for ex) into a shape of a gun, has played cops and robbers as a kid (and other related games), plays any video games that contains a gun, or even randomly asked themselves at any point in their life "should i get a gun?", should be immediately executed.
    Disappointing straw man argument here.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

This is why the intelligent posters torture you.

Comments

big dick: Loveee the new avi
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    We agree on a lot Gordman but not on this one. Do you think a 19 year old should be able to walk into a gun store and buy an assault rifle with barely any back round check? LOL the 19 year old can't go have a beer but he can buy an AR-15 with no questions asked.
    Something has to be done cus this is a god dam disgrace. Imagine being one of the parents right now? How many kids have to die before morals trump profits?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

Disappointing straw man argument here.

I prefer you use the term straw people

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Good to see the students and parents at this particular school shooting not taking this shit lying down
    They are getting in Trumps face and that little sellout scumbag Rubios face.

In this particular school shooting? They always do. There has never been one of these where parents who had their children murdered weren't on TV yelling at Obama or now Trump less than 24 hours later.

With that said I thought that one mother who had her daughter murdered did an extra good job.

I don't think I could go on TV and make a political statement before I even buried my child so kudos to these parents for staying rational and thinking about the big picture.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    I feel awful for that poor women and Give here a lot of credit for not taking this shit without speaking her mind.

If that was my kid I'd highly consider heading down to Rubios office myself with an AR and taking his sorry little ass out.
    The little cunt has children but chooses to sell out to the NRA and GOP instead of being a man and doing what is right

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Absolutely agree with this. Most mass killers in these situations are underachieving narcissists (by definition narcissists are very obsessed with status). I honestly believe the reason you don;t see more black mass murderers is that society has convince them they are shit and deserve to be in the situation they are in. Although I don;t like the kids are too privileged argument there is some evidence this mindset contributes to such behaviour.

Load Metric
    I feel awful for that poor women and Give here a lot of credit for not taking this shit without speaking her mind.

If that was my kid I'd highly consider heading down to Rubios office myself with an AR and taking his sorry little ass out.

Ok but your takeaway from all previous school shootings was confusion as to why more parents weren't on TV doing interviews right away? Because my takeaway has always been the exact opposite. I've always been like how the fuck can you go on TV so soon. In my experience when people lose a young child they only want to be seen by family and the closest of friends. Generally these people are so distraught that they don't even make it out into the community for weeks if not months. And OMG if some reporter asked if they could do an interview with the grieving mother while the childs body sat in a morgue there would always be a crazy uncle type that would pop out the back door and shove the reporter to the ground and smash the camera for having the nerve to even ask.

Comments

splitthis:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    We agree on a lot Gordman but not on this one. Do you think a 19 year old should be able to walk into a gun store and buy an assault rifle with barely any back round check? LOL the 19 year old can't go have a beer but he can an AR-15 with no questions asked.
    Something has to be done cus this is a god dam disgrace. Imagine being one of the parents right now? How many kids have to die before morals trump profits?
    Lets correct things where they need to be first. A person CANNOT walk into a gun store to buy an assault rifle anywhere in this country. You simply cannot legally purchase an assault rifle here - its been like this for decades. Also, there is federal background checks for any gun you buy in any gun store.

Most people here know i own guns. I have several of them including AR's - all legally purchased and i have a clean record and even a CC permit (i own zero assault rifles) I have no intention or desire to misuse them or let them fall into the wrong hands.

A while back I quizzed a couple of my anti-gun relatives who were over and showed them a few of my guns. While they are generally anti-gun, you could tell that they were secretly interested in looking them over anyway. I lined up several guns and asked them which one they thought was the most powerful. They insta pointed to the black scary looking AR. I mean...pay no attention to any of the wood grained rifles like the 308, 30-06, the 7.62...or even the handguns. The AR sealed the deal gor them. Even though i know i wasnt going to change their mind, I gave them a little education on the various weapons anyway.

Now, everyone hears things about "gun show loopholes" where someone can walk into a gun show and purchase a weapon. Some right wingers say this doesnt exist.

It DOES exist - i know first hand. Some gun shows still require background checks and some don't. Some vendors within those shows still require background checks whether the show requires it or not.In any case, I think this loophole should be closed.

...to be continued ( believe it or not, im actually out ice fishing as i type this but i have plenty more to say that ill type up soon)

Thread Information