Thread: Freind arrested. Don’t know how to feel about this

Freind arrested. Don’t know how to feel about this

A good friend. One I would have least expected busted a few months ago on fraud. Hard to know how to feel about this one.

Load Metric
    Very vague. What was the fraud charge? A Ponzi scheme? Check fraud? No details makes it tough.

Load Metric
    Doesn't matter. Guy is a pos. Run, don't walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    Very comforting. HAve sent this to a different non felonious BFf. Basically my guy embezzled from his hedge fund.

Load Metric
    Not much anyone can say about this. He is a thief and is going to have to pay a price. Sorry, but society cannot have thieves roaming around stealing shit, whether its breaking into a house or stealing money through a hedge fund. Not even on this site either. You saw what happened to JASEP, right? Justice finds everyone sooner or later.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    there is fraud and there is fraud.

could be he was just cutting some corners with a huge upside and got caught with hand in cookie jar. could be the opposite too, which makes this a run dont walk scenario.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    What's a little fraud among friends?

But he weighs only 93 pounds get the fuck out of there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He's probably guilty. Sometimes otherwise good people get caught up in some idea that stealing/defrauding is okay, justify it in their heads, and almost live a double life.

Not making excuses for him, but if you're asking if you should stay friends with him, it's okay if you still want to.

However, obviously you should trust him much less than you did before, and it should make you question a lot of things that he's told you over time. If other things also don't add up, it's probably better to just stay away. Sometimes these scammers are sociopaths, and do a good job at maintaining what appear to be close friendships, but in reality they care about no one.

About 15 years ago, I had a friend who I found out was running some low-grade scams (not on me), and I was disappointed. I told him I didn't approve of what he was doing, and tried to convince him to stop. He claimed to have stopped, and said he just stupidly did some things he wasn't proud of when broke. I wasn't sure what to believe, but I dropped it, and continued the friendship normally. One day I got a collect call from a jail, and it was him. I refused to accept the call, knowing he must have scammed again and gotten caught. When he got out, he called me and reluctantly admitted he ripped off a disabled person for 5 figures. He kept telling me how bad he felt. I was so disgusted by this story, I told him never to call me again and hung up on him. Never spoke to him again after that, but I looked him up later and saw he was repeatedly arrested for various forms of fraud in subsequent years.

Comments

Tellafriend: Yes, almost always sociopaths

Thread Information