Thread: Serial killer on the loose in Las Vegas

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Serial killer on the loose in Las Vegas

The same man has shot and killed 3 homeless people in Las Vegas between January 29 and February 2, and also shot and wounded a man in Logandale, which is about an hour away from Vegas.

The victim in Logandale was alone, but not homeless.

There is no known motive. Two of the shootings were on January 29, and the other two were on February 2. It has been quiet in the 11 days since.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...213-story.html

This has some similarity to a disturbing case last winter in Las Vegas.

In January 2017, a homeless man was found dead, having been beaten to death while sleeping with a hammer to the head.

A month later, another homeless man was found dead under identical circumstances.

Another sleeping homeless man in the area was attacked with a hammer, but survived.

Police then did something clever. They placed a mannequin wrapped in blankets, positioned as if sleeping, at the same location where the first homeless man was killed.

The decoy worked. On February 22, 2017, this happened:

Shane Schindler was then arrested. He claimed that he knew he was striking a mannequin, though he initially tried to claim he only kicked the mannequin because he "thought it was funny", and only after intense questioning did he admit he hit it with a hammer.

Amazingly, because police couldn't come up with physical evidence tying Schindler to the two murders, the DA made a sweetheart plea deal with him, where he pled guilty to attempted murder, and sentenced to 8-to-20 years in prison. However, according to the agreement, he could be paroled as soon as 2019!

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...nequin-attack/

I would have taken my chances prosecuting this guy for the murders and the attempted murder. The hammer attack on the mannequin -- and the exact same location it occurred as an actual hammer attack on a homeless person a month earlier -- probably would have been enough to convict him. I would convict him if I were on a jury.

In late 2015, a voluntarily homeless software engineer, in town for CES, was murdered in a gym parking lot while sleeping in his car. Kyle Staats and Megan Hippie were arrested for his murder, and are still in jail awaiting trial.

Comments

Sanlmar: Amazing vid

shoeshine box: one was caddy corner from my bro.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Look at this creepy dude from last year being interviewed by police.

Guilty for sure.

Can't believe this guy might be walking the streets in 2019.

LOL @ him thinking his worst problem was going to be spending a little time in Clark County jail.

Load Metric
    Remember a few days ago when you posted all of the heinous Canadian criminals who were inexplicably let out of jail early?

I can link it if you'd like?

Comments

Deal: Completly different. This was the result of allowing women to vote
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I can't even imagine how frightened of Vegas regular people are at this point.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Remember a few days ago when you posted all of the heinous Canadian criminals who were inexplicably let out of jail early?

I can link it if you'd like?
    I knew someone would come back with this dumb comment.

While I disagree with this Shane Schindler guy's plea deal, it was made because the prosecution feared they would lose the case entirely, and he would be back out on the street. They only caught him hitting a mannequin in the head with a hammer.

The Canadian cases featured horrible convicted murderers who were paroled for no other reason than "compassion" for them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    This isn’t going to frighten anyone from Los Angeles. Their biggest fear in Vegas would be maintaining their usual easy access to meth and Lakers broadcasts.

Oh, you said regular people. Never mind.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    This isn’t going to frighten anyone from Los Angeles. Their biggest fear in Vegas would be maintaining their usual easy access to meth and Lakers broadcasts.

Oh, you said regular people. Never mind.
    I either meant regular as in people that believe the news or regular as in ppl that don't gamble. I can't remember. I realize L.A. is huge but Las Vegas has to have more scares per capita at this point.

Load Metric
    Never understand the violence against homeless people. They’re like 80% schizophrenic veterans. There’s just so many douchebags running around Vegas, you’d think if you were going to just kill randoms, you’d make better use of the bullets.

Load Metric
    That guy gives me the creeps

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Never understand the violence against homeless people. They’re like 80% schizophrenic veterans. There’s just so many douchebags running around Vegas, you’d think if you were going to just kill randoms, you’d make better use of the bullets.

The world really does need more serial killers with a social conscience. We need real life Dexters and Hannibal Lecters, that only kill the bad guys.

Load Metric
    So a guy was arrested shortly after, for this year’s killings?

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...220-story.html
    BALLIN'!!

Thread Information