Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: this is global poker in a nutshell

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    Been single tabling all day, drinking red bull and binge smoking killa weed. (Gorilla glue)

Back and forth , back and forth.

Called it quits but at least $30 in the black.

Playing the 6pm $750gtd deep($11) to finish off the night..

Anybody playing that tourney tonight??
    Out at #122/149. They really should raise the gtd.

10,q suited at the button..

Everyone folds except

Small blind paying very tight and small

Big blind playing super loose and agro just making everybody fold. Chip leader lol..

I raise 4x blind
    S.b. fold
    B.b. calls.

Flop 10, 7,4 rainbow

I bet pot...
    He re raises.
    I go all in and he calls..
    turn and river no help.

HE WAS HOLDING 10,7 OFF and he called 4x pre flop.. LOL
    In summary, you both suck
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    the structure sucks . in the past month they did away with a blind level and replaced it with a higher one....i forget which one they removed but i believe you jump right into a 100/200

too many people..oversubscribed tournies..guarantees are nil worthless..too many rebuys...10min levels are norm but their making a lot more 3/5 now..

they pay out too many spots..harder to get the graph in the right direction min cashing...plz do away w/ the 7/15 dollar min cash and pay more to less people

there's only a few tourneys worth playing anymore..the sheer volume of people and quick levels make it much harder

they at least need to cap the players and run the tourneys when filled like stars did with either 4 and 10 dollar 144 mtt...i can't be playing at 11pm/1am EST in the good/decent tourneys and get a deep run and be up until 4/5.

place fucking sucks now. for many reasons..and i have 2 nice finishes in my last 5/6 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Lolomon
    Load Metric
    I played a $218 6-man SNG last night. Went from having about 6500 of 9000 chips in play with 3 left to bubbling. But they said you have to get over it and keep playing. Yes I agree the MTT and SNG structures are terrible, but tough to argue with easy money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I played a $218 6-man SNG last night. Went from having about 6500 of 9000 chips in play with 3 left to bubbling. But they said you have to get over it and keep playing. Yes I agree the MTT and SNG structures are terrible, but tough to argue with easy money.
    Agreed...

Everytime i sit down, i truly expect to have a winning session and are upset when i have THE occasional losing one..
    Ive never experienced that before.

Maybe global is geared for me. I learned on club wpt and hate huds. In truth i also have uped my game significantly since then just by hanging out w u guys.
    Last edited by thesparten; 03-21-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Lolomon
    Load Metric
    Agreed...

Everytime i sit down, i truly expect to have a winning session and are upset when i have THE occasional losing one..
    Ive never experienced that before.

Maybe global is geared for me. I learned on club wpt and hate huds. In truth i also have uped my game significantly since then just by hanging out w u guys.
    That SNG was just annoying because not a lot of 218's run, and I game select the 160 hypers and 218 turbos when I see them. Both shorties got miracle double ups, then one of them made an incorrect call in an ICM fold spot (like he'd know about those lmao) which actually hurts me more than him. Very typical though, feels like I've bubbled about 5 of these at the 100's and up after having the the chiplead with 3 left in the last few days. Anyway, this is one reason why I prefer deepstack cash to shove fold SNGs, because other people calling when they're supposed to fold doesn't damage my equity directly.

I personally don't advocate the use of HUDs either and prefer a site where you can't use them as well, but if you really want to "up your game" it's good to have an understanding of how HUDs work. A really good poker player will have a HUD inside his brain, and be able to determine with high accuracy how other players are adjusting to him during the session and in general. For instance, I am aware of my preflop stats and my tendencies post flop (e.g. flop cbet, turn cbet, fold to cbet, etc) and can give you estimates for most of the regs at 1/2 and 2/4 NL. Beyond that, the HUD could also be detrimental because you might be stuck thinking about their overall numbers and not how they might be adjusting to you themselves during the session. Piosolver is also a good tool for someone without a very strong theoretical Statistics background, and gives you a more than good idea of what range you should be raising/calling/folding in each spot provided that you have a good guess of the villain range.

Lastly, hanging out here probably will not really improve the quality of your game significantly. You can go watch Doug Polk videos on YouTube or something for that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I dont play at your levels and stay away from sit n go.

I preety much have notes on a large minority of players in the micro level..

I really believe instead of rake back or huds that sites should use that $ as well as the majority of there marketing budget attracting fish... I mean why wouldnt they???

That is great for everybody.

The pro , the competent grinder and the fish...

All the grinders on acr would just tell me to stop complaining about huds and get better at poker.. IM TELLING THEM THE SAME THING ON GLOBAL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    from chip lead to out in 2 hands..

fuck yeah,....

Name:  googul.png
Views: 499
Size:  498.8 KB

Name:  goobrul.png
Views: 480
Size:  479.5 KB
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It must be an A,J. KINDA DAY.

In the 5k i just donked out of..

90 minutes in ,im 13 th out of 1100?

i flop 2 pair.. Aces and jacks.(a,j10)

We end up going ALL IN..

the guy was holding pocket 10' and got the quads on the turn.
    Donked out #280?8
    Last edited by thesparten; 03-25-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    getting it in gooot is not good enough at this place....same shit different day.

this jackass limp called my all in

Name:  goo2.png
Views: 469
Size:  624.9 KB

Name:  8OoFofw.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  17.1 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    getting it in gooot is not good enough at this place....same shit different day.

this jackass limp called my all in

Name:  goo2.png
Views: 469
Size:  624.9 KB

Views: 426
    Super . You called off 30bb with A10 Youre the best

Lets see the 10 hands you won making this " bad beat "
    statisticly in line with the true odds of poker .

Lolomon
    Load Metric
    I've been playing the $218 6-mans, super soft... Haven't cashed yet in any of them though. Thought I was going to finally cash in one today, but they had other plans. I bubbled like 2 or 3 hands later. Obv raise called his ass.

Name:  218bubble.png
Views: 423
Size:  1.34 MB

Load Metric
    see sol the problem is that you clearly had the wrong hand for that board.

i think that might be a leak.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ship to the hall of shame...crushed by chit

Name:  grobul_13.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  145.7 KB

Views: 312

Name:  35f600b3c3994622a2c3161d5687da0e - Copy.gif
Views: 357
Size:  909.2 KB
    Last edited by mulva; 03-27-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Lolomon
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

I kept playing, and eventually achieved my dream of taking one down. I had to call two shoves postflop though, I think once with third pair then with fourth pair, both on the river. The only problem now is that I'm now a -28% ROi player at this limit, losing $62 per game. I might quit these and just play cash, or try to play them until I win one by sucking out.

I also took the same beat mulva took at 200 NL. Guy playing around a 80/20 vpip/pfr flopped 222 with his 62o from the bb after calling 3 bets cold against my pocket 6's, turned the 6, and had me oblivious until I jammed the king on the river. However, I think I played around 999-1999 other hands during the session which had different setups, so whoever is rigging this must be working super hard.

Now the question is, if sparten played on mulva's account, would he be able to beat Global?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

I kept playing, and eventually achieved my dream of taking one down. I had to call two shoves postflop though, I think once with third pair then with fourth pair, both on the river. The only problem now is that I'm now a -28% ROi player at this limit, losing $62 per game. I might quit these and just play cash, or try to play them until I win one by sucking out.

I also took the same beat mulva took at 200 NL. Guy playing around a 80/20 vpip/pfr flopped 222 with his 62o from the bb after calling 3 bets cold against my pocket 6's, turned the 6, and had me oblivious until I jammed the king on the river. However, I think I played around 999-1999 other hands during the session which had different setups, so whoever is rigging this must be working super hard.

Now the question is, if sparten played on mulva's account, would he be able to beat Global?
    i use to play the 6 man sng at stars. sometimes i get bored i play in one @ global and i rarely seem to to do much. i pretty much won;t play them anymore as it pisses me off more than the mtt's

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    while i don;t think i can eclipse the one earlier tonight. this one was nice asw ell.

this fucker flat called my big 3bet w/ T5s third in the pot

i shove when 2 suits hit flop..

nice they throw the A up on turn anyway

you know the story

Name:  ggt.png
Views: 396
Size:  771.9 KB
    Last edited by mulva; 03-27-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i really wish i knew why they don't want pp to win like they should here.

you'll go broke playing the odds thinking that they will hold...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i've had 1 min cash in my last 20 some odd mtt's my graph is starting to go down like the K2 on this bad run

i still can't belive for the life of me the way they sabotoge pp like they do at global. instant aggravation

there's nothing i can do except to quit or keep taking it in the ass..whats really alarming is that i don;t play that many games per day there.

Name:  gobul.png
Views: 766
Size:  638.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    why do i bother anymore

Name:  gobul2.png
Views: 342
Size:  951.5 KB

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Mulva, please stop. You are infecting the board with your aids.

All the good players I know are printing on global, I don't know why they hate you so much unless you are the one druff was talking about charging back on them. If not, maybe they are just fans of this thread and would like to see it continue. Hi global.

If you must continue to post bad beat stories, please consider a $10 donation to Brandon and China's HOF HU bracket tournament for each one.

Godspeed and goodnight.

Thread Information