Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***Official 2018 Olympics***

Load Metric

***Official 2018 Olympics***

Great start to the olympcis

-86 cases of norovirus

-1200 guards quarantined so they had to call in 900 soldiers

-Temperatures during the opening ceremony are expected to be -10C, while the wind chill during rehearsals plummeted to -23C.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/07/norovi...chang-7293420/

Load Metric
    i hear its so cold, people have to throw away their skis after one run. the snowflakes are so sharp that they cook the bottoms of the skis.

also there was some insane fire yesterday.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

-86 cases of norovirus

-Temperatures during the opening ceremony are expected to be -10C, while the wind chill during rehearsals plummeted to -23C.

and there is a fight over the torch bearers coin toss.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i hear its so cold, people have to throw away their skis after one run. the snowflakes are so sharp that they cook the bottoms of the skis.

also there was some insane fire yesterday.
    Snow can be quite abrasive when very cold, hence the need for wax on the base to protect it. There is wax made for extreme cold temps it is very hard I believe polycarbon. Wet snow is almost as problematic we’re you may encounter surface tension on a very smooth base ski there has to be slight grooves polished onto the base for relief .

I very highly doubt the ski would be garbage (unusable) it would most likely only have to be repolished.
    the colder the snow the faster the race's will be "better than ideal conditions"

I just read this about the issue, which is a bunch of BS! lame excuse for bad ski construction and ski base selection.... there are many different bases that can be used some meant for this exact conditions. cold weather can not deform or delaminate a hand made wood core ski. unless there are defective. there have been world cup ski races held in much more colder weather than this and no one complained about sharps snow or deforming alpine skis, I could see this kind of thing happening to nordic skis were the base and core are extreme thin.
    #fakenews

most of these comments are from people that have no idea of the construction of the skis they are using. and none of the comments are by the skis tecnition or manufacturer who actually know if there is a problem.

these people commenting here have no idea other than there toes are cold and want to go inside.

“One of the coaches said they are throwing the skis out after today,” Craig Randell, a start crew technician working on his third Olympics, said on a chilly morning at the Yongpyong Alpine Centre, where the slalom, giant slalom and team events will be held later this month.

“You can’t do anything about it but with the cold temperatures, the snow adheres to the ski base and twists it.”

“They are turning their skis to garbage real fast,” he said.
    Austrian Alpine skier Marcel Hirscher said snow crystals that form amid the frigid weather are the primary culprits for so many skis meeting an untimely end.

“Every run is a different pair of skis, but it’s not because of hard conditions but the cold conditions,” he said.

Comments

hongkonger: Knowledge rep
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 02-08-2018 at 11:42 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

-86 cases of norovirus

and there is a fight over the torch bearers coin toss.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...208-story.html

Way to read the room, Davis.

Wowwwwww.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I thought he was gonna claim the coin toss was rigged. Like tails never fails or something.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    watch him piss hot.

Load Metric
    I have a feeling something crazy bad is going to happen with all these North Koreans around massive crowds.

Last time Olympics were in South Korea, North Korea literally blew up a Commercial Airliner killing over 300.

Kim Jong now last second sends his sister down, I doubt she will be returning alive.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    I have a feeling something crazy bad is going to happen with all these North Koreans around massive crowds.

Last time Olympics were in South Korea, North Korea literally blew up a Commercial Airliner killing over 300.

Kim Jong now last second sends his sister down, I doubt she will be returning alive.

im more concerned about a russian false north korean flag op than i am north korea going ham.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

im more concerned about a russian false north korean flag op than i am north korea going ham.
    Shit. Now I am too.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I am watching basketball, but there is a big group of people in the other room watching figure skating and they are all screaming cause everyone is falling down. LOL figure skating. I actually peeked in and saw the American guy that they have been pimping in all the commercials.

He aborted 2 quadruple jumps and fell on another. Basically an epic fail. LOL figure skating.

Load Metric
    Women’s figure skating can be god when you’re stoned

Platinum
    Load Metric
    OSA is slipping...figured he would have his top 10 twinks of the winter Olympics list out by now...

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: lol

OSA: I know. I know my bad.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Women’s figure skating can be god when you’re stoned
    Female figure skaters have beautiful bodies, fit lower bodies but lean and more feminine upper bodies. I grew up training for tennis at a club that also had a figure skating program. We would all drool daily over the figure skating girls. You don't need to be stoned to enjoy women's figure skating, you just need to be straight.

Comments

hongkonger: This!

Load Metric
    I love the Olympics and watch as much as possible.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    I love the Olympics and watch as much as possible.

its weird because generally i feel the same way but i have never in my life given less of a fuck about an olympics than this one.

Comments

Hockey Guy: I'm in the same boat for some reason.

Load Metric
    What NBC should be doing is promoting the athletes WELL AHEAD of the Olympics, so we know their back stories. Starting in maybe Nov/Dec, they should be running 30 minute programs, showcasing the athletes, and the trials and tribulations they went through, to get to where they are. Showcase their history, their likes/dislikes, music they enjoy, etc. Its hard to have strong feelings for these people, if we dont know shit about them until we tune in. You have to make us want to cheer for them and program our DVR's for everything they do.

Show the athletes for even 15 second blurbs during NBA or put up some internet video commercials on Youtube. Make us want to cheer and support them. I cant name anyone at this point except Shaun White and Tiger's Ex. Give me some drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    (I'm) a little preoccupied in Thailand right now

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    What NBC should be doing is promoting the athletes WELL AHEAD of the Olympics, so we know their back stories. Starting in maybe Nov/Dec, they should be running 30 minute programs, showcasing the athletes, and the trials and tribulations they went through, to get to where they are. Showcase their history, their likes/dislikes, music they enjoy, etc. Its hard to have strong feelings for these people, if we dont know shit about them until we tune in. You have to make us want to cheer for them and program our DVR's for everything they do.

Show the athletes for even 15 second blurbs during NBA or put up some internet video commercials on Youtube. Make us want to cheer and support them. I cant name anyone at this point except Shaun White and Tiger's Ex. Give me some drama.

part of me totally agrees, but then they would have to actually focus on sports during the broadcasts instead of trotting out 7 minutes of backstory and 6 minutes of commercials for every 2 minutes of actual sports coverage.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

part of me totally agrees, but then they would have to actually focus on sports during the broadcasts instead of trotting out 7 minutes of backstory and 6 minutes of commercials for every 2 minutes of actual sports coverage.
    especially during the winter Olympics when they have less events to fill all their coverage...lot more bullshit needed...

Load Metric
    honestly you can only show so many aryans cross country skiing for so long through a sam beckett play before your audience is going to wander.

Thread Information