Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Royal Rumble

Load Metric

The Royal Rumble

Tonight, its every man for himself! Lets discuss The Royal Rumble! Will you watch it? Who do you like to win it? Vegas says Shinsuke Nakumura is the favorite to win it, but hes no lock at 11/10 to take it down. Daniel Bryan is rumored to be a surprise entrant. Bryan has been out due to injury for 2 years now, so this would be a big return. Hes one of the guys Vegas thinks has a good chance of winning the event.

There is also a women's Royal Rumble which is going to be very interesting because Ronda Rousey is rumored to be a surprise entrant. Vegas is giving Rousey the 2nd best chance of winning the event at 6/4.

The rest of the card looks pretty mediocre to me, but we'll see.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    LMMFCSCFAO
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Is wrestling still a thing?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    hopefully Vince gets over his hard on for Reigns and Nakamura wins to set up a match with AJ at WrestleMania
    Last edited by shortbuspoker; 01-28-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Load Metric
    Just once I'd love to see a longshot win it. I am happy though that this year there are 4 guys who I think have a legitimate shot at winning it. Shinsuke, Reigns, Bryan, and Cena. Last year, I knew before the match started that Orton was going to win just by reading the betting odds, and it completely ruined it for me.

Load Metric
    I really hope it's not Reigns or Cena. Not really feeling Shinsuke either. Maybe Balor for an underdog pick.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donk_tiltV9.0 View Post
    I really hope it's not Reigns or Cena. Not really feeling Shinsuke either. Maybe Balor for an underdog pick.
    bryan winning as a surprise would be hella fun even though i'm not a huge bryan fan

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    were live 3111
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    what's the story line that turned John Cena into a bad guy?

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Also I noticed the Japanese flag is wrapped around all four corner posts. Does that mean the Jap wins?

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    What the fuck? Ok the Jap won but the Royal Rumble isn't even the grand finale at the Royal Rumble anymore? Are you kidding? Has that ever happened before? I guess they figured (probably rightly) that Rousey is a bigger start than any of their stars. But it sounds like they are going to have actual matches after the Royal Rumble. How strange. I can't believe I'm watching this over the Grammys. I tried but turned it off when they trotted out they guy that looks like Dave Chappelle. Plus I figured the WWE will have a lot less #metoo

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Here is the link.

http://united.dmca4free.net/wwe.php

They have some random boring tag team match if you don't know anyone like I don't on now but the link lets you pause and skip ahead which is amazing for me. How long til Rousey? I still can't fucking believe that the Royal Rumble is just a prelim opening act at the Royal Rumble these days.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Lol Vince has her out in public lying for him. Supposedly this isn't even a sure thing, as if they are going to have some only WWE skanks Royal Rumble go after the real one.

You can tell she's uncomfortable trying to figure out how to lie in a way that is good but not great. It's like I don't want to lie the same way I lie to my friends and family but I have to pass this off ugh... how do I do it. That shit has always been interesting to me watching the people in my life simulation thingy.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Love that she had her shirt with her name looking like the way Rowdy Roddy Piper had it. I used to have a Roddy Piper and Junkyard Dog thumb wrestler. I still don't think I could ever be a fan of wrestling again though. For me it's all about the entrance which makes the Royal Rumble perfect. I noticed most of the men would get themselves in spots where they were on the canvas in pain or locked up or not doing much of anything during the 10 second countdown for the next guy whereas some of the women were doing moves and even jumping off the top rope while someone else was getting introduced which I didn't like.

Also SportsCenter just announced that Rousey signed a full time contract with WWE.

Comments

splitthis:

Bronze
    Load Metric
    who cares

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin Micunt View Post
    who cares
    I'm guessing a lot of people. It has to be WWE's biggest signing ever. They will get a ton of new fans from this. I'd even regularly watch if they find her a manager as good as Paul Bearer and turn her into the worst bad guy ever. She pretty much has to get a bad guy manager though because no one wants to hear her talk much. Talking will be her biggest problem. In a perfect world they'd play up her Sandy Hook Truthiness or at least her hatred of trans people but that is probably too edgy. I feel them making a character out of her that is nothing close to her in real life or making her a person the crowd doesn't eventually start booing would be a mistake.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    sorry but her last 2 fights did so much damage to her aura. Not even the fact of how she lost but more importantly to me how she handled it. Refusing to answer questions or do any media, unlike other fighters who face the music after they lost, she just runs away from it. No respect for that

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin Micunt View Post
    sorry but her last 2 fights did so much damage to her aura. Not even the fact of how she lost but more importantly to me how she handled it. Refusing to answer questions or do any media, unlike other fighters who face the music after they lost, she just runs away from it. No respect for that

U think more people care about that shit than her signing to the WWE? Most people probably couldn't even come up with the name of the last person Rousey fought. Like even old people will hear about Rousey becoming a professional wrestler.

Load Metric
    WWE FIND THIS BITCH A PAUL BEARER ASAP. She's even worse at talking than I thought.

So fucking cool that Roddy Piper's son gave her that jacket to wear.

Thread Information