Thread: Happy Days actors force CBS to "sit on it"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Happy Days actors force CBS to "sit on it"

I posted about this last year (on a different site, obv), where basically several Happy Days actors were getting screwed by CBS regarding merchandising their image.

Marion Ross, Tom Bosley, Donnie Most, Anson Williams, and Erin Moran were supposed to get 5% (each) of the proceeds of all merchandising their images, and 2.5% if their images were used in a group.

CBS did not pay them. They realized they were getting screwed when they found their images on Happy Days slot machines.

CBS gave a terrible response that made them look really guilty. I believe the response was something along the lines of, "Yes, we owe them money, they just had to ask for it", as if it was the actors' responsibility to track down every time their image was used.

Anyway, the $10 million case was just 11 days away from trial, and CBS settled it. The terms weren't disclosed.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/06/showbi...html?hpt=hp_c1

This was my favorite part of the article:

Of the cast members, Moran stands to benefit most from the settlement. She has been the subject of tabloid reports that she and her husband have been living in a trailer in Indiana since losing her home to foreclosure in California. While Most, Williams and Ross continue to act or direct, acting work dried up for Moran, who did not return a call from CNN.
    Too bad Joanie didn't stay with Chachi, or perhaps things might have gone better for her.

I hope they all got a good settlement. Really sleazy of CBS to cheat them like this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, I missed part near the end of the article where it said that the fraud part of the case (allowing for punitive damages) was dismissed.

That means they probably didn't get all that much in the settlement.

Load Metric
    I walked passed Joanie at a convention like 2 years ago. She has super hearing. After she walked by and was like 50 feet away I said to my buddy in a low voice "That
    was Erin Moran". She stopped, turned around, walked back to us and said, "Yes it was."
    :coolstory
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    I walked passed Joanie at a convention like 2 years ago. She has super hearing. After she walked by and was like 50 feet away I said to my buddy in a low voice "That
    was Erin Moran". She stopped, turned around, walked back to us and said, "Yes it was."
    :coolstory

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Marion Ross would be super rich if they had residuals for all the work she did in the 50s and 60s...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marion_Ross

Load Metric
    RALPH MALPH IS GOD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    true story. donny most was going to be a dupe sn of mine

Thread Information