Thread: Someone donated a generous amount to a DAV in my name

Load Metric

Someone donated a generous amount to a DAV in my name

I had a patient a couple years ago and became close to him and his son. I left that job but was still in contact with both. Dad passed away a little over a year ago and 2 weeks ago I get a letter from the son who lives in another state now thanking me for the generous donation in his dads name to the DAV. I just thought he had me confused with someone else until yesterday receiving an official letter from the DAV thanking me for my generous donation and how it would be used.
    I was pondering if I should write a letter back to the son telling him it was not my actual donation but someone donating in my name. My coworkers say I should not do this. I have to say I am both curious about who did this and what was the amount.
    The only person I can think who would do this is the sister who literally did shit for her dads care and after he died she got a windfall of his estate. She became guilty about not doing more for her dad while he was alive and donated to the veterans in my name continuing to be anonymous. I did go to the dads wake and met alot of people as well so it could be a rich random.
    Say what u say about me but in my job there is no better.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I had a patient a couple years ago and became close to him and his son. I left that job but was still in contact with both. Dad passed away a little over a year ago and 2 weeks ago I get a letter from the son who lives in another state now thanking me for the generous donation in his dads name to the DAV. I just thought he had me confused with someone else until yesterday receiving an official letter from the DAV thanking me for my generous donation and how it would be used.
    I was pondering if I should write a letter back to the son telling him it was not my actual donation but someone donating in my name. My coworkers say I should not do this. I have to say I am both curious about who did this and what was the amount.
    The only person I can think who would do this is the sister who literally did shit for her dads care and after he died she got a windfall of his estate. She became guilty about not doing more for her dad while he was alive and donated to the veterans in my name continuing to be anonymous. I did go to the dads wake and met alot of people as well so it could be a rich random.
    I get the same letters for sending in $10 periodically. Then they send free address labels and customized stationary and envelopes 2-3x per year

Don’t flatter yourself
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    I get the same letters for sending in $10 periodically. Then they send free address labels and customized stationary and envelopes 2-3x per year

Don’t flatter yourself

Name:  OK.gif
Views: 193
Size:  1.74 MB

Yeah, sure you do...

Load Metric
    I like veterans who didn't get disabled.

Comments

WillieMcFML: :this

Crowe Diddly:
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Of course you should tell the son you are not responsible. Its a brazen lie if you don't especially if you have any kind of friendship with the son. Do not see why the sister would do this i your name but people do strange things.

However if you got a receipt, would look at taking the tax deduction.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Cool story

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    How do you know if it was a generous amount or not. Maybe the person is loaded and it was peanuts to them.

Load Metric

I'd be more concerned with whether I got the tax write off.

Thread Information