Thread: Interesting article about NBA Jam -- turning 25 this year

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Interesting article about NBA Jam -- turning 25 this year

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rect-franchise

It includes an analysis at the end on which two players would be picked as default starters on a hypothetical 2018 version of the game.

Creator Mark Turmell also concedes that the updated "NBA Jam Championship Edition" was superior (came out about a year later), which I agree.

During the days of NWP/DD Radio, there was some discussion of buying an NBA Jam machine and putting it in my Vegas apartment. It never ended up happening, mainly due to the cost of buying and transporting a working one.

Comments

duped_samaritan: BOOMSHAKALAKA

Platinum
    Load Metric
    boogie and the brow would be fucking awesome on that game...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He's on fire!!!

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I think it's pronounced NBA Jams.

Comments

splitthis: I miss you

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

It includes an analysis at the end on which two players would be picked as default starters on a hypothetical 2018 version of the game.

Creator Mark Turmell also concedes that the updated "NBA Jam Championship Edition" was superior (came out about a year later), which I agree.

During the days of NWP/DD Radio, there was some discussion of buying an NBA Jam machine and putting it in my Vegas apartment. It never ended up happening, mainly due to the cost of buying and transporting a working one.
    It was called "Tournament Edition".

My brother was a coder for Acclaim/Iguana for the home console versions. The devs put themselves as secret characters in the game for the home versions, so you can actually play as him in the game.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: you'll never be as cool as your brother RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    We were asked why we allowed overt racism. We were asked why giant black cocks were all over our website.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid Stunt View Post

My brother was a coder for Acclaim/Iguana for the home console versions. The devs put themselves as secret characters in the game for the home versions, so you can actually play as him in the game.

That's almost as awesome as playing MVP Yuki-Chan.

Comments

Cupid Stunt: from downtown!
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid Stunt View Post

That's almost as awesome as playing MVP Yuki-Chan.
    Ha

It was funny because nobody even knew I had a brother when I was at school. Not really something to brag about as it wouldn't get you laid . Iguana's studios were in Middlesbrough (a good 5 hour trek from London) so he moved there, and when he came back down to London to visit and my friends met him for the first time, people were like "holy shit, that's why you always pick him!"

Also its LOL that his hair changes colour every quarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff
    We were asked why we allowed overt racism. We were asked why giant black cocks were all over our website.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ugh, I knew it was Tournament Edition, don't know why I typed otherwise.

Load Metric

I bought an original edition 4 player Jam in 1999 for $280, and gave it to Micon a year later because I didn't want to move it up a flight of stairs.

If you're ever at the Pinball Hall of Fame again, there is a used game store next to it with an impressive collection of 70s and early 80s computers and consoles. They just added a room with arcade cabinets for sale and they had a Jam TE for $1400.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

I bought an original edition 4 player Jam in 1999 for $280, and gave it to Micon a year later because I didn't want to move it up a flight of stairs.

If you're ever at the Pinball Hall of Fame again, there is a used game store next to it with an impressive collection of 70s and early 80s computers and consoles. They just added a room with arcade cabinets for sale and they had a Jam TE for $1400.
    In the LA area there is a place called Captain's Auction Warehouse. They have auctions about once a month. You can get some great deals if you are in the market for arcade games. You can bid online and shipping via freight is reasonable. I bought a 1960's era pinball machine and an old arcade shooting game from the 50s there.

captainsauctionwarehouse.com

Comments

hongkonger: good info rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Boomschackalacka

Load Metric
    Delivers the FACIAL!

Name:  607_1000.gif
Views: 100
Size:  986.4 KB

Comments

GrenadaRoger: Low-House!

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL