Thread: Limit Poker Question

Platinum
    Load Metric

Limit Poker Question

so im pretty much a PLO8/NLO8 player, but have been dabbling in the LO8 games on bovada because the vast majority of the players are fucking horrific...

so my question is with value owning yourself...

cant remember exactly how many players were at the table, think it was 4...opponents weren't anything special...anyway folded to me on the button I raise with 6c5c5d2d...marginal hand, but double suited with wheel cards I think it's an easy raise in a weak game...get called by only BB...

flop QcJc2s...I bet/BB calls...

turn 2h...I bet/BB calls...

river 9c...I bet/BB calls with a 10 high flush, think he had something like T9xx...

coming from a PLO8/NLO8 background this river would be a check almost 100% of the time...but in limit I think this is correct to bet on that river, correct?

guess my question for the limit players is this...how often are you value owning yourself in this situation? checking here in a limit game just seems like such a weak play when you aren't playing against players who will make you pay for betting the 6 high flush here...I cost myself a big bet here, but think that against weaker players I'd cost myself more by not betting...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    so im pretty much a PLO8/NLO8 player, but have been dabbling in the LO8 games on bovada because the vast majority of the players are fucking horrific...

cant remember exactly how many players were at the table, think it was 4...opponents weren't anything special...anyway folded to me on the button I raise with 6c5c5d2d...marginal hand, but double suited with wheel cards I think it's an easy raise in a weak game...get called by only BB...

river 9c...I bet/BB calls with a 10 high flush, think he had something like T9xx...

coming from a PLO8/NLO8 background this river would be a check almost 100% of the time...but in limit I think this is correct to bet on that river, correct?

guess my question for the limit players is this...how often are you value owning yourself in this situation? checking here in a limit game just seems like such a weak play when you aren't playing against players who will make you pay for betting the 6 high flush here...I cost myself a big bet here, but think that against weaker players I'd cost myself more by not betting...
    Would you like a response 3+ years later?

Okay.

I just fell into this thread. Somehow I missed it back then. I also wasn't an Omaha player in 2014.

Anyway, this is actually a tough spot 4-handed. It's very player dependent. The good news is you're not getting raised in most cases, because the board is paired, and of course anything less than the A-high flush is also fearing a better flush.

The problem is that top pair usually isn't calling this, and there was no low to chase, so the guy was clearly calling down with something, and there's a good chance he's either folding or calling with a better hand. A straight obviously calls you, as does any 2, as does QJ/Q9/J9/KK/AA, but you have two of the 2s, so he probably doesn't have that.

On the other hand, this is 4-handed, and people make some very loose calldowns there for obvious reasons.

I think it's not bad either way to fire or check this river. Against a loose caller, I'm betting, and against a guy who seems to rarely show down a worse hand, I'm checking. Against an unknown, it's a toss-up.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    LO8 is my specialty, especially HU however I have played a ton FR/6max live/online as well.

I wont speak to this hand as it has been 3 years and from what I can tell Omaha games were killed when Bovada/Ignition switched to the auto seating. That is guaranteed to kill any non HE/PLO game!

Would love to see more LO8 Discussion on this forum! St8 as well..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by johnysprinkles View Post
    LO8 is my specialty, especially HU however I have played a ton FR/6max live/online as well.

I wont speak to this hand as it has been 3 years and from what I can tell Omaha games were killed when Bovada/Ignition switched to the auto seating. That is guaranteed to kill any non HE/PLO game!

Yes, it's 3 years old, but I would still like to hear your thoughts on this hand, being a LO8 player.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnysprinkles View Post

Yes, it's 3 years old, but I would still like to hear your thoughts on this hand, being a LO8 player.
    Same here.

I think it's 50/50 check/call or bet/fold. That said I'm a pot limit guy, in that case it's check foldfor sure.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

Would you like a response 3+ years later?

Okay.

I just fell into this thread. Somehow I missed it back then. I also wasn't an Omaha player in 2014.

Anyway, this is actually a tough spot 4-handed. It's very player dependent. The good news is you're not getting raised in most cases, because the board is paired, and of course anything less than the A-high flush is also fearing a better flush.

The problem is that top pair usually isn't calling this, and there was no low to chase, so the guy was clearly calling down with something, and there's a good chance he's either folding or calling with a better hand. A straight obviously calls you, as does any 2, as does QJ/Q9/J9/KK/AA, but you have two of the 2s, so he probably doesn't have that.

On the other hand, this is 4-handed, and people make some very loose calldowns there for obvious reasons.

I think it's not bad either way to fire or check this river. Against a loose caller, I'm betting, and against a guy who seems to rarely show down a worse hand, I'm checking. Against an unknown, it's a toss-up
    fucking 3 years ago, jesus Christ time flies...

still don't play a ton of LO8, but I think this pretty much sums it up well...4 handed people are gonna be calling down really light and this was either 5-10 or 10-20 on bovada so that comes into play...think a lot of shit is calling that we have beat here even with our 6 high flush...we're gonna value cut ourselves some of the time, but the times we get paid off I think will more than offset that...your last 2 sentences sum everything up perfectly, although I think I lean towards a bet against an unknown...

Thread Information