Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chat box on Ignition replaced with stupid generic message menu

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Chat box on Ignition replaced with stupid generic message menu

Ignition has decided to kill a long-beloved feature of online poker -- the chat box.

No longer can you berate opponents for bad-beating you, nor can you drop your own witty retorts when others bash you.

I'm no stranger to the chat box. Who could forget my relentless trolling of opponents on Pokerstars, Interpoker, and Absolute Poker? In 2001, I actually had sex thanks to the chat box on True Poker. I feel like I need to mourn for this death.

The chat box still exists, but you can no longer type your own words. Instead, you can only select from the following messages:

Good luck!
    Unlucky!
    Good game!
    Hahaha
    Well Played
    Wow!
    Zzzzzzzzz
    Nice Hand!
    Thank You!

You can also from pick 6 emoji faces if you wish to use those instead of the above phrases.

Lame.

I assume they did this in order to prevent fish from being berated.

But this is yet another step toward removing what was good about online poker, and turning it into a generic, by-the-numbers exercise.

I have to imagine this will bother fish the most, as they tend to be the most chatty. Shit-talking back and forth is often what keeps the fish playing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ya this is another bad move by bovada, that will likely make the games worse again ...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Ignition has decided to kill a long-beloved feature of online poker -- the chat box.

No longer can you berate opponents for bad-beating you, nor can you drop your own witty retorts when others bash you.

I'm no stranger to the chat box. Who could forget my relentless trolling of opponents on Pokerstars, Interpoker, and Absolute Poker? In 2001, I actually had sex thanks to the chat box on True Poker. I feel like I need to mourn for this death.

The chat box still exists, but you can no longer type your own words. Instead, you can only select from the following messages:

Good luck!
    Unlucky!
    Good game!
    Hahaha
    Well Played
    Wow!
    Zzzzzzzzz
    Nice Hand!
    Thank You!

You can also from pick 6 emoji faces if you wish to use those instead of the above phrases.

Lame.

I assume they did this in order to prevent fish from being berated.

But this is yet another step toward removing what was good about online poker, and turning it into a generic, by-the-numbers exercise.

I have to imagine this will bother fish the most, as they tend to be the most chatty. Shit-talking back and forth is often what keeps the fish playing.
    Wow, that actually is LAME.. Druff is RIGHT. Recs love to needle eachother. Its almost as important as taking it down..

HERE are some of mine. And global has never warned me about it. Actually im surprised of the freedom they allow us..

OUCH..

NO KY 4 U...

STOP GAGGING..

ENJOY THE LIP BALM...

FRAK U..

Tx 4 the free $ u dik..

Yikes U have been sodomized..

It actually helps pass the time and make it fun especially if we have played each other before. I love wearing the black hat..

If i couldnt say "no ky 4 u" or "u have been sodomized" after catching the river or ridinng the nutz all the way down, it would really really really be less fun.

What ignition did would suk if global did it, but then again global rocks and respects our right to have some fun. Enjoy your nit poker u diks.
    Last edited by thesparten; 01-17-2018 at 06:30 AM.

Load Metric
    Hahaha

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    Hahaha
    Wow!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    Ya this is another bad move by bovada, that will likely make the games worse again ...
    I'm pretty sure its the exact opposite. Every fucking move this site makes is right, and actually makes the games better. Some of them look like they make no sense, but they always seem to make the games better. Do you honestly think the games on Bovada are bad? The highish stakes games are actually party poker level good.

Load Metric
    also, that site has a strange thing where the higher stakes you go to, the better the games are. The 10-20 plo is softer than the 1-2 plo, and the $100 double up sit n goes are softer than the $10 double up sit n goes.

My theory is that its mainly a gambling site for sports bettors. And those guys want to gamble, so they go to as high of stakes as they can to gamble.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post
    I'm pretty sure its the exact opposite. Every fucking move this site makes is right, and actually makes the games better. Some of them look like they make no sense, but they always seem to make the games better. Do you honestly think the games on Bovada are bad? The highish stakes games are actually party poker level good.
    All their moves are to benefit them. Creating games like Jackpot poker where people get raked 7% on 5 minutes worth of play is pretty bad for the players but great for them.

The lobby change killed limit games, especially O8, however, you could argue they don't want fish playing 30/60 O8 because they will burn up their bankrolls too fast.

Comments

sah_24: Those changes killed a lot of games, the dude clearly hasn't been playing much and is completely wrong based on volume alone ...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

All their moves are to benefit them. Creating games like Jackpot poker where people get raked 7% on 5 minutes worth of play is pretty bad for the players but great for them.

The lobby change killed limit games, especially O8, however, you could argue they don't want fish playing 30/60 O8 because they will burn up their bankrolls too fast.
    I don't think fish are playing jackpot games that much. They haven't made my games any worse anyway. You can only sign up for $30 3 handed sit n goes with a $60 first prize so many times until you get bored as an addicted gambler.

I don't know about o8. I know LHE which is one of my games is completely dead. But the PLO on that site is so good its insane.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well they have been trending the opposite direction for going on 4 years now so, no as usual you are wrong ...

Load Metric

Well they have been trending the opposite direction for going on 4 years now so, no as usual you are wrong ...
    lol what stakes do you play? i'm pretty sure if you play the highest stakes at whatever game you play, the games are easy as fuck. LHE and o8 are completely dead. 10-20 plo they are just donating tho. The biggest sit n goes, they are just donating. The mtts are soft as fuck. If yer grinding 1-2 plo you might be in trouble. The $10-20 is softer than the 1-2

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Many of us used the chat box to figure out who the bots were. I will miss it most just having general discussions with people around the table. The fact that they did this sucks. Would you tell everyone at a live table they couldn't speak? This isn't 3rd grade. There is a reason they turned it off and it has to profit them somehow.

Comments

sah_24: ya this sucks !
    Last edited by WPT3; 01-19-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

lol what stakes do you play? i'm pretty sure if you play the highest stakes at whatever game you play, the games are easy as fuck. LHE and o8 are completely dead. 10-20 plo they are just donating tho. The biggest sit n goes, they are just donating. The mtts are soft as fuck. If yer grinding 1-2 plo you might be in trouble. The $10-20 is softer than the 1-2
    So the 10-20 goes? Haven't even looked.

I tried to play 1-2 on there and it sucked.

You say the 10-20 players are bad. What are they doing that's so bad? Stacking off with lousy hands?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

So the 10-20 goes? Haven't even looked.

I tried to play 1-2 on there and it sucked.

You say the 10-20 players are bad. What are they doing that's so bad? Stacking off with lousy hands?
    I'm too poor to play 10-20. A buddy who plays it whos opinion I respect told me its softer than the 1-2 tho. I played 2.50-5 for a 4 day stretch and it was insanely good tho.

Lately I'm just playing a lot of double up sit n goes though, and I will say the $100 double ups are softer than the $10 double ups

Load Metric
    In the 2.50-5 i was 4 tabling and every 5 minutes i'd post a hand in skype chat that boggled my mind.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They added a little popup box when you login about the new chat taking to you the website where all it says is:

New Chat Feature

It’s now easier then ever to communicate with our new poker chat application: Choose from several emojis and pre-defined phrases which automatically get translated into all supported languages – plus you also have the option to mute players or entire games. Give it a try!

Load Metric
    Thank You!

Load Metric
    Thank You!
    Thank You!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This must be a new trend. Nitrogen just did an update and they have 6 different smiley faces you can choose from instead of the chatbox.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jacosta24 View Post
    This must be a new trend. Nitrogen just did an update and they have 6 different smiley faces you can choose from instead of the chatbox.
    Man that is a shitty trend to catch on ...

Thread Information