Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy crap....tent city near Angel Stadium

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    San Francisco is insanely bad. The amount of tents is mind blowing.
    San Francisco got Andrew McCutchen today so they improved a lot.

As far as the tents, California is now a sanctuary state so get used to it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also, check out those two chicks at around 2:30 seemingly exiting from a tent and hopping on their bikes.

Do they really live there?

You cant' see their faces, but from the back they seem way too hot to be living under such circumstances.
    This is way too hot?

Name:  IMG_0561.PNG
Views: 372
Size:  1.19 MB

The 90 lb meth head on the left is walking with a noticeable hitch. The other is an obese lady who looks rough! What makes them hot at all? Cause they're females?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

This is way too hot?

The 90 lb meth head on the left is walking with a noticeable hitch. The other is an obese lady who looks rough! What makes them hot at all? Cause they're females?

Cmon sizzle, the one on the right is a "Druff Dime"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

So where are your stats? You claim to know who these people are. How about the numbers who were foreclosed by the banks after buying into what the banks were selling?
    Don't just throw your opinions about. Read a book

And if I'm dead wrong you still have a hell of a problem due to a lack of safety net available for those
    disenfranchised. Whatever the cause your problem exists
    Even the liberals in California don't try to claim that these tent-city homeless are working poor. And believe me, if this were true, they would have a field day shaming Republicans all over the media.

The liberals attack this with the angle, "We need more social services for these people, we need more homeless shelters, we need to raise taxes to fund this", but they don't even think of trying to go at this by claiming those homeless are the working poor, because it's simply untrue.

The fact of the matter is that the working poor can still afford housing. Not great housing, and not in the best areas, and sometimes they need roommates, but they can afford housing if they have a steady job (even a minimum wage one).

Most homeless people are homeless as a result of drug addiction or mental illness. There is a small percentage of homeless who do hold down steady jobs and choose to be homeless in order to save money, but they are by far the exception and not the rule.
    You didn't provide one iota of fact. How many people were stripped of their homes as a result of the financial crisis?
    Read up before you post here please.

People love tenting all year round. Yeah a percentage will be alway be on the street but the numbers speak volumes.
    Way to ignore the truth you dumb fat fuck

If I weren't more aware I'd call you a dumb fat fuck moronic piece of stupid asshole shit.
    But I am more aware so I won't do that

warm regards

Comments

sah_24: never go full retard ...

splitthis: Countering the real retard

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh and wave your stupid fat stick and ban my ass cause you're right and I'm wrong

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Even the liberals in California don't try to claim that these tent-city homeless are working poor. And believe me, if this were true, they would have a field day shaming Republicans all over the media.

The liberals attack this with the angle, "We need more social services for these people, we need more homeless shelters, we need to raise taxes to fund this", but they don't even think of trying to go at this by claiming those homeless are the working poor, because it's simply untrue.

The fact of the matter is that the working poor can still afford housing. Not great housing, and not in the best areas, and sometimes they need roommates, but they can afford housing if they have a steady job (even a minimum wage one).

Most homeless people are homeless as a result of drug addiction or mental illness. There is a small percentage of homeless who do hold down steady jobs and choose to be homeless in order to save money, but they are by far the exception and not the rule.
    You didn't provide one iota of fact. How many people were stripped of their homes as a result of the financial crisis?

People love tenting all year round. Yeah a percentage will be alway be on the street but the numbers speak volumes.

If I weren't more aware I'd call you a dumb fat fuck moronic piece of stupid asshole shit.

warm regards
    Which financial crisis? The one 10 years ago?

LOL

Come on les, put down the bottle.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

warm regards
    Which financial crisis? The one 10 years ago?

LOL

Come on les, put down the bottle.
    Yeah the one ten years ago. When the bank takes your home, what's left? Do you recover in a couple of years?
    Take off your blinders.

Never mind the banks that took your home were implicit in providing credit that wasn't warranted and when their profitable game was up who was left to pay? The powers that be then bailed out the money lenders and left Joe America holding the bag
    Are you ignorant of the facts?

Who wins with de-regulation?

Comments

sah_24: Pay the mortgage and they don't take your home fucktard ...

splitthis: Sah the retard
    Last edited by limitles; 01-15-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, check out those two chicks at around 2:30 seemingly exiting from a tent and hopping on their bikes.

Do they really live there?

You cant' see their faces, but from the back they seem way too hot to be living under such circumstances.
    This is way too hot?

Maybe view this on a device other than a cell phone with a bad wifi connection, and you will see this more clearly.

I'm not saying these chicks are 10s, and I can't see their faces, but from what I can see from the back, they both look too good to be living in a tent.

The one on the right isn't close to obese. I actually rewound it and watched it again before posting what I did, because I thought maybe I just saw it too quickly. The one on the right looks mostly fit with a big ass. The one on the left does look a bit on the thin side, but from what I could see by watching the full-screen, highest definition video, she doesn't appear methy, and her walk isn't abnormal.

Maybe their faces are busted and maybe they do look like druggies from the front, but that's not what it appears from the back.

I don't know what it's like in the greater KC area, but in southern California, decent looking chicks under 40 pretty much never have to live in extreme poverty or hold terrible jobs. That's why you don't see them working as maids, at gas stations, or any other kind of job like that. There are tons of desperate dudes with $ (or even moderate $) willing to take care of them or help them out, and almost all of them realize that.

I've seen other parts of this country where this isn't true... where fairly attractive young girls are working as hotel maids, at 7-11, at the gas station, etc. I'm always shocked to see that because I absolutely never see it in California.

That's why I was surprised to see women like that in the video, even if they are closer to average than hot.

If these chicks are actually gross when seen from the front, then I take back everything I said.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  bike-homeless.png
Views: 344
Size:  207.3 KB

Here is the chick on the right.

Not obese at all.

Notice the arms are normal size, as is the rest of her upper body.

Notice the muscle definition in the calves and thighs.

This is not the type of woman I expect to see in a homeless tent city.

This is the type of woman I expect there (and who actually lives there):

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    When people lose everything it doesn't matter whether they live in Haiti or Hawaii.

I must be insane or a complete derelict drunk to offer this opinion. But is's not an opinion.
    Read up people, it's a fact.

Last edited by limitles; 01-15-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Load Metric

I'm not saying these chicks are 10s, and I can't see their faces, but from what I can see from the back, they both look too good to be living in a tent.

Maybe their faces are busted and maybe they do look like druggies from the front, but that's not what it appears from the back.

I've seen other parts of this country where this isn't true... where fairly attractive young girls are working as hotel maids, at 7-11, at the gas station, etc. I'm always shocked to see that because I absolutely never see it in California.

That's why I was surprised to see women like that in the video, even if they are closer to average than hot.

If these chicks are actually gross when seen from the front, then I take back everything I said.
    No reason exists to positively conclude these chicks live in a homeless camp. They could simply be visiting the owner of a dwelling with at least one wood wall, a wood door and an actual doorman. Or they're scoring drugs. If a pic is worth a thou words then a k words can make a lot of stories. Good looking young chicks in Socal never have mental health issues, drug abuse problems or financial worries. Some guy always helps them out. word
    “I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
    Stephen Hawking

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurker View Post

This is way too hot?

Cmon sizzle, the one on the right is a "Druff Dime"
    190 lb-er down to 140, with a fat ass.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LegallyNonBindingPosts View Post
    Good looking young chicks in Socal never have mental health issues, drug abuse problems or financial worries. Some guy always helps them out. word
    Good looking young chicks in socal don't stay good looking for very long if they have the above situations going on.

Southern CA has a very large population, and there's a lot of money floating around. Girls under 35 who are average-looking-or-better learn quickly that there are guys who can help them out of a jam, and in fact many of these guys are big enough chumps to not even demand anything in return.

I'm not saying that all pretty girls in southern California are supported or helped out by a guy, but rather that in times of extreme desperation -- such as the prospect of becoming homeless -- these women always have someone to call to help them get the basics.

Load Metric
    What the fuck is happening in California. San Diego treating it's homeless like pigeons. How far away is poisoning them to keep their numbers down?

http://www.kusi.com/dozen-arrested-f...less-el-cajon/

EL CAJON (KUSI) — Over a dozen people were arrested Sunday evening in El Cajon for feeding the local homeless population.
    The arrests come in the wake of a newly enacted city ordinance banning people from feeding the homeless in public, but the group defied the new ordinance in an act of civil disobedience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    What the fuck is happening in California. San Diego treating it's homeless like pigeons. How far away is poisoning them to keep their numbers down?

EL CAJON (KUSI) — Over a dozen people were arrested Sunday evening in El Cajon for feeding the local homeless population.
    The arrests come in the wake of a newly enacted city ordinance banning people from feeding the homeless in public, but the group defied the new ordinance in an act of civil disobedience.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

Lol. That is not the norm. Literally No one is arguing California in general is too harsh on homeless people. Most people accept it is the opposite.

Ask, At the city level having an advocate group publicly helping the homeless is a nightmare. Cause then all the homeless from other neighboring cities will come over and all of a sudden you have all the homeless people and it is a nightmare.

So aggressively putting a stop to a publicity stunt like this is a necessity, even if the optics are bad from the Outside. I used to work for the city of Buena park and one of the pastors of the churches turned his church into a homeless shelter, and then all the homeless people from Anaheim started coming over and the whole neighborhood turned to shit. Anaheim police officers would actually drive homeless people to the church. It was a big problem between the two cities.

Comments

Deal: ty, blind spot cleared. I really didn't understand.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Re your position of the mentally ill and drug addicted.
    The two greatest factors in homelessness are poverty and lack of affordable housing
    and beyond that are what causes poverty and affordable housing?
    Republican ideals
    you and your idiot opinions
    https://whowhatwhy.org/2017/01/30/cr...affordability/

It's a lengthy article but a few low notes

The complete absence of this issue from the 2016 campaign underlines how our multi-billion dollar electoral extravaganza remains wholly disconnected from the actual conditions that tens of millions of Americans find themselves in.

But in the aftermath of the the Wall Street-enabled housing crash, which cost American families up to $20 trillion dollars in lost household wealth, neither party dared to float a plan B. Meanwhile, the banks got bailed out while local governments in the top 25 hardest-hit communities were left with 2.5 million vacant housing units, according to a 2014 report from HUD.

For the several million Americans who lost their homes to foreclosure the consequences will be generational. But for the likes of Goldman Sachs and Moody’s Corp, all it took to get free and cleared for their role in precipitating the collapse of the American real estate market was their ability to write the Obama administration a check for $5 billion
    in the case of the Wall Street bank and $864 million in the case of the rating agency.

“Some of the ways the federal government handled loans in default actually exacerbated the distress in blighted communities. For example, in order to replenish funds in the Federal Housing Administration insurance program, HUD decided to sell Federal Housing Administration-insured loans that were in default to the highest bidders, primarily private equity firms. The problem with this approach is that private equity firms had no interest or expertise in stabilizing neighborhoods.”

And so post-Great Recession, despite some aggregate data that shows lower unemployment and dips in poverty, the crisis in affordability continues to pull more and more American families under. Consider the work of the United Way’s ALICE (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) project. ALICE tracks the growing number of Americans in several states who live above the poverty line, are working, but still struggle to cover the basics, paycheck to paycheck.

This in the richest nation in the world
    Last edited by limitles; 01-16-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ya we're the richest nation on earth, yet we know those in tents are just the laziest bunch of the group. oh yeah man like get with it....don't ya know?

never mind that children are growing up in such environments
    veterans of your many wars are in the same living conditions

god bless america
    then drop it

Federally mandated 50 cent minimum wage increases are to go into effect annually until the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour is reached. Bill 312-33, which would increase the minimum wage from $8.25 to $9.20 beginning May 1, 2017, and then to $10.10 in 2018 was vetoed by the governor.

In 2011, child poverty reached record high levels, with 16.7 million children living in food insecure households, about 35% more than 2007 levels.[16] A 2013 UNICEF report ranked the U.S. as having the second highest relative child poverty rates in the developed world.[17] According to a 2016 study by the Urban Institute, teenagers in low income communities are often forced to join gangs, save school lunches, sell drugs or exchange sexual favors because they cannot afford food.[18]

Comments

The_Lurker: amen

sah_24: 99% don't have jobs, so ya they are pretty lazy ...

splitthis: Retard sah
    Last edited by limitles; 01-16-2018 at 08:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ya we're the richest nation on earth, yet we know those in tents are just the laziest bunch of the group. oh yeah man like get with it....don't ya know?

god bless america
    then drop it

Federally mandated 50 cent minimum wage increases are to go into effect annually until the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour is reached. Bill 312-33, which would increase the minimum wage from $8.25 to $9.20 beginning May 1, 2017, and then to $10.10 in 2018 was vetoed by the governor.

In 2011, child poverty reached record high levels, with 16.7 million children living in food insecure households, about 35% more than 2007 levels.[16] A 2013 UNICEF report ranked the U.S. as having the second highest relative child poverty rates in the developed world.[17] According to a 2016 study by the Urban Institute, teenagers in low income communities are often forced to join gangs, save school lunches, sell drugs or exchange sexual favors because they cannot afford food.[18]
    You don't know what you're talking about.

Children from very poor families qualify for food stamps.

Kids are not selling their bodies for sex so the family can eat.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

god bless america
    then drop it

You don't know what you're talking about.

Children from very poor families qualify for food stamps.

Kids are not selling their bodies for sex so the family can eat.
    No you don't know what you're talking about. i didn't throw up an opinion but facts based on studies. I said nothing about kids selling their bodies but can you imagine living day to day on the street and what abuses real or perceived that would bring?
    The working poor are included. A child brought up in these conditions will bear the consequences.

Minimum wage in America means over half of your income goes to housing, if you are in the right area. Even still, what monies are left for proper health costs or unforeseen problems?
    There are studies that point to 45% of tent occupiers are still employed.
    And back to the beginning, I said the financial crisis was a player in the homeless situation but I also said even if it was not the main contributor you still have a big problem on your hands.

Turning people onto the street, as Reagon famously did closing mental hospitals solves no problem just moves it, out into the street. Your country would rather look away than deal with a problem every society has. You don't have the money for this??????????????????
    You don't have the will for this????????????

How can you host a website when you are ignorant of everyday information?

Also, homelessness does not mean you are in a tent. It describes families that must rely on relatives for shelter or living in weekly rental facilities, i.e. motels.

sah_24
    look it up bitch

Comments

sah_24: 0 chance in hell 45% of tent occupiers have jobs, you are full retard ...

splitthis: Sah is full retard
    Last edited by limitles; 01-16-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Thread Information