Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ken Scalir to appear on Judge Judy on January 18, 2018

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Ken Scalir to appear on Judge Judy on January 18, 2018

Set your DVRs.

Just like the title says, he will be appearing on Judge Judy on January 18.

More info shortly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    He will be appearing on Judge Judy on January 18.

Load Metric
    Hilarious, dvred.

Load Metric
    What is the nature of the dispute?
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    just did a quick dvr search, the local first-run Judge Judy show on 1/18 has 2 cases. One is about a dude who was arrested after a 125mph drunk driving thing that involves his GF, so I think we can safely say the Scalir case is the other one, described as such:

When a rent-control tenant goes up against a large property owner and loses, he seeks damages from his illegal tenant.

I could see Ken on either side of this one, but guessing tenant-side.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

just did a quick dvr search, the local first-run Judge Judy show on 1/18 has 2 cases. One is about a dude who was arrested after a 125mph drunk driving thing that involves his GF, so I think we can safely say the Scalir case is the other one, described as such:

When a rent-control tenant goes up against a large property owner and loses, he seeks damages from his illegal tenant.

HILLARY WON

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Correct.

The description is actually wrong, though. Ken went against a large property owner and WON.

Background:

Ken has been a rent control tenant in Los Angeles since 1995.

He added an unofficial roommate in September 2015. The building management was aware of this guy, and in fact made contact with him during repairs, and never once demanded he officially be added to the lease. By Los Angeles city law, that makes the guy an official tenant after 60 days or being known to the landlord.

When the building was for sale in May 2017 (20 months after this guy moved in), they decided to try dirty tricks to evict Ken, so as to increase the building's value. Ken's unit would fetch $2100 on the open market, but currently only pays $1100, so that's $12,000 per year difference in rent!

They claimed they had no idea of this roommate (LIE), gave him a backdated three day notice (so as to make it look like he already refused to get rid of the roommate), and filed for eviction.

Through both my guidance and a good attorney, Ken beat the eviction case.

However, his cocksucker freeloader roommate started refusing to pay rent during the eviction proceedings, yet refused to move out. The guy stayed there for months rent-free, not understanding that Ken would be responsible for the rent whether he won or lost the eviction case! (When you're being evicted, you are temporarily not required to pay rent, but it accumulates and you have to pay it when the case is over, even if you lose.)

The building eventually evicted this roommate, but Ken stayed (this was the result of the eviction case).

Ken sued the roommate for the back rent -- $2500, for the months of May, June, July, August, and September 2017 ($500 each).

Judge Judy contacted them and offered to take the case instead, and both accepted.

I will not reveal what happened. You can watch on the 18th.

Comments

MumblesBadly: So *that's* what Ken was calling you about that he wouldn't discuss during the show... Will be EPIC!

Load Metric

Correct.

The description is actually wrong, though. Ken went against a large property owner and WON.

Background:

Ken has been a rent control tenant in Los Angeles since 1995.

He added an unofficial roommate in September 2015. The building management was aware of this guy, and in fact made contact with him during repairs, and never once demanded he officially be added to the lease. By Los Angeles city law, that makes the guy an official tenant after 60 days or being known to the landlord.

When the building was for sale in May 2017 (20 months after this guy moved in), they decided to try dirty tricks to evict Ken, so as to increase the building's value. Ken's unit would fetch $2100 on the open market, but currently only pays $1100, so that's $12,000 per year difference in rent!

They claimed they had no idea of this roommate (LIE), gave him a backdated three day notice (so as to make it look like he already refused to get rid of the roommate), and filed for eviction.

Through both my guidance and a good attorney, Ken beat the eviction case.

However, his cocksucker freeloader roommate started refusing to pay rent during the eviction proceedings, yet refused to move out. The guy stayed there for months rent-free, not understanding that Ken would be responsible for the rent whether he won or lost the eviction case! (When you're being evicted, you are temporarily not required to pay rent, but it accumulates and you have to pay it when the case is over, even if you lose.)

The building eventually evicted this roommate, but Ken stayed (this was the result of the eviction case).

Ken sued the roommate for the back rent -- $2500, for the months of May, June, July, August, and September 2017 ($500 each).

Judge Judy contacted them and offered to take the case instead, and both accepted.

I will not reveal what happened. You can watch on the 18th.
    This is already fantastic.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Hopefully somebody posts the show here. Also, hopefully 1 that can be watched from here in Canada.

Comments

dwai: just kidding buddy
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Hopefully somebody posts the show here. Also, hopefully 1 that can be watched from here in Canada.

Name:  fuck-canada.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  56.4 KB

Comments

Hockey Guy: I'm hurt.

Load Metric
    I know you said radio would be Jan 17th but this might be enough to push radio back to Thu again so we can discuss and have Ken on Radio as a topic for PFA radio. Just a suggestion.

Load Metric
    Not sure what provider you have but one channel I get through Telus carries Judge Judy.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    I just tried to record it and the JJ shows on 1/18 don't seem to fit that description.

Load Metric
    Not sure what provider you have but one channel I get through Telus carries Judge Judy.
    Like, I'm gonna watch Judge Judy live? I'm also the 1 person on this board who doesn't have a PVR.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I honestly thought Judge Judy was dead.

Comments

Hockey Guy: Me too.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Preview video is up ... click on Thursday

https://www.judgejudy.com/

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I have a Judge Judy story....

Few years back my father & I were boat shopping and found one online that we were interested in. Contacted the agent and ended up meeting the guy at a marina. We’re test driving the boat, and we are discussing it’s history. He tells me “not supposed to tell you this but it’s actually Judge Judy’s boat”.

I didn’t know much about her but I knew who he was. I’m like wow, didn’t know she was into fishing. He replies “oh she doesn’t fish, it’s used as her tender” I’m like wtf, this is one expensive tender. He then drove us by her “YACHT”. At a guess I’d say 100M+ yacht. No joke.

Ended up buying that “tender”. What ended up happening to that boat is kind of an interesting story too...
    Last edited by simply1; 01-13-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballhawknet View Post
    Preview video is up ... click on Thursday

https://www.judgejudy.com/
    Comcast has repeats listed for Thursday.

Load Metric
    Druff is this a real case or fabricated to get him more tv time and maybe a small appearance fee

Thread Information