Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hawaii in the path of a ballistic missle?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    yeah a drop from the top is never pretty but it will happen.
    see ya

Load Metric
    Name:  26731146_1555603884560891_1302578421672399884_n.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  101.3 KB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: shiznit

Load Metric
    BTW can you imagine how close trump was to destroying north korea?

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: we're gonna do it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

he literally never stopped playing golf once during this entire debacle.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Less than a week ago there was a headline from the Financial Times, something along the lines that Mattis and Tillerson were trying to convince trump not to attack NK. The media's no longer credible on matters of war, immigration and Trump.

We're in a dangerous spot, the globalists are trying to ratchet up tensions with Russia because of what happened in Syria and they're also greedy war profiteers. Oh and since they own pretty much all the MSM that shouldn't be a problem. Example, just minutes ago i noticed this on headline on MSN. It was leaked to Jewsweek oops i meant Newsweek via the Pentacon. You know just in case NK's nuclear arsenal isn't scary enough.

Russia has underwater nuclear drones, leaked Pentagon documents reveal
    Russia is in possession of an underwater nuclear drone capable of carrying a 100-megaton nuclear warhead, a recently leaked draft of the Pentagon's Nuclear Posture Review confirmed.

The weapon, referred to in the document as an “AUV,” or autonomous underwater vehicle, is featured in a chart that lays out Russia's multiple nuclear delivery vehicles.

Pentagon officials warn in the posture review that Russia has actively diversified its nuclear capabilities, a strategic advantage it has over the United States:

In addition to modernizing ‘legacy’ Soviet nuclear systems, Russia is developing and deploying new nuclear warheads and launchers. These efforts include multiple upgrades for every leg of the Russian nuclear triad of strategic bombers, sea-based missiles and land-based missiles. Russia is also developing at least two new intercontinental range systems, a hypersonic glide vehicle and a new intercontinental, nuclear-armed undersea autonomous torpedo.

The draft of the posture review was obtained and published by the .

In a statement, the Pentagon did not deny that the draft is authentic:
    100 megatons (that twice as large as the tsar bomb) right off our coast! OMG let's borrow trillions and give it to Donald, Fred and Robert Kagan and the Pentacon so they can keep us safe. Nah Fuck them traitors, it's still the same ol Mutually Assured Destruction, work on peace.

This Hawaii deal is a reminder that mistakes can happen and this bullshit with the entire media owned by blood thirsty war profiteers is the largest threat to our country and all life on Earth AINEC, ntm our insane national debt and I'm the asshole for mentioning it.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 01-14-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The more I think about this Hawaii mess, the more it pisses me off, and I'm surprised there isn't a higher level of outrage about it.

This was a government bedshit of the highest order. Hawaiians (and people visiting Hawaii) were left to twist in the wind for 38 minutes, believing they were going to die.

Read these texts displayed on CNN tonight from those 38 minutes: http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/15/us/tex...rnd/index.html

Heartbreaking, even though no one was hurt. (Did anyone perhaps die of a heart attack from this? I'd believe it.)

Allowing this to happen in the first place is bad enough, but how do 38 minutes pass without this being corrected? That is beyond criminal negligence. Whoever blew this one -- especially the follow-up -- should spend time in prison.

I've thought about what I would have done if I were vacationing in Hawaii when this happened. All three of my visits there have been in the winter or early spring -- one in December, one in early March, one in early April -- so this was definitely the time of year I could have been there.

Had I received such a message, I would have believed it was possible, especially given the recent issues we've had with North Korea.

I would have assumed there was a good chance that my family was going to die there. I would have wondered what to tell Benjamin. Would I have told him that he might die within a few hours? Try to maintain fake calmness in case this turns out to be a false alarm or a prank? Probably the latter... but what an awful situation to be in.

This would be bad enough to have to deal with for a time period like 3 minutes, but 38 minutes is horrendous.

But it looks like we're just getting an "lol oops, wrong button" from Hawaiian officials, and nobody is going to get in trouble for this, nor are we going to learn why it took 38 minutes to correct.

Comments

Avon Barksdale: Get Finkelstein on the case!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The more I think about this Hawaii mess, the more it pisses me off, and I'm surprised there isn't a higher level of outrage about it.

This was a government bedshit of the highest order. Hawaiians (and people visiting Hawaii) were left to twist in the wind for 38 minutes, believing they were going to die.

Read these texts displayed on CNN tonight from those 38 minutes: http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/15/us/tex...rnd/index.html

Heartbreaking, even though no one was hurt. (Did anyone perhaps die of a heart attack from this? I'd believe it.)

Allowing this to happen in the first place is bad enough, but how do 38 minutes pass without this being corrected? That is beyond criminal negligence. Whoever blew this one -- especially the follow-up -- should spend time in prison.

I've thought about what I would have done if I were vacationing in Hawaii when this happened. All three of my visits there have been in the winter or early spring -- one in December, one in early March, one in early April -- so this was definitely the time of year I could have been there.

Had I received such a message, I would have believed it was possible, especially given the recent issues we've had with North Korea.

I would have assumed there was a good chance that my family was going to die there. I would have wondered what to tell Benjamin. Would I have told him that he might die within a few hours? Try to maintain fake calmness in case this turns out to be a false alarm or a prank? Probably the latter... but what an awful situation to be in.

This would be bad enough to have to deal with for a time period like 3 minutes, but 38 minutes is horrendous.

But it looks like we're just getting an "lol oops, wrong button" from Hawaiian officials, and nobody is going to get in trouble for this, nor are we going to learn why it took 38 minutes to correct.

the fact that most of the relevant social media posts appear to be coming from people who dont know that hawaii is actually a state is not helping this gain traction.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: should be demoted to whatever puerto rico is imo

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's an article explaining everything: http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/14/us/haw...ion/index.html

Cliffs notes: Hawaiians in charge of this emergency alert system are morons, and amazingly they had no way to quickly send out a "false" alarm message (which is hard to believe).

Apparently they were running a test, and they only had the ability to select pre-filled "template" messages, with various pre-set recipients.

So they accidentally selected to send the "ballistic missile threat inbound" message to everyone, rather than just internally.

And when it asked for confirmation that they really wanted to send it to everyone, the officer "accidentally clicked yes".

He immediately realized his mistake, but there was no template to send out indicating that it had been done in error, so nobody knew what to do!

Rather than immediately contact authorities and have them send out a message through the cell carriers that this was a false alarm, they dragged their feet for 38 minutes before getting that done.

Instead, in the interim, they sent out a few Twitter messages that it was a false alarm. Great.

Since then, rather than abandoning -- or at least enhancing -- this highly restrictive and insufficient template system, they simply modified it to also have a "false alarm" message:

What a joke.

However, they have decided to shut down the whole thing until they can figure out how to better use it.

Also, the employee who sent out this message has not been fired. Again LOL

Ironically, this entire system just went online in December, because state officials were paranoid that Trump would lead North Korea to attack Hawaii. Instead, these same state officials harmed Hawaiians far more than anything Trump has done so far.

Load Metric
    So Druff, you want us to believe that you would spend 38 minutes inside your head and trying to decide what to do after receiving a text notification on your phone that predicts the end of your life?

Within minutes social media, including government officials, had denounced the alert as false. Yet we are to believe that first of all you are going to believe the text as gospel without first disbelieving and trying to verify it yourself. Then after you do believe it to be true, as you likely would after a few minutes of research, we are then to believe that you would put your phone down and crumble into a crying mess of regret for the next half hour until the original text sender rescinded the alert.

No, that's not how it would go down. You would not believe the original alert. You would then get to believing the alert but being very suspicious about the accuracy of it. Then you would be one of the first to see and believe the officials that were tweeting that it was false. It would be stressful, but no fucking way you are fearing for your life for 38 minutes. You would also be mathematically aware that if a ballistic missile was heading towards Hawaii the odds that you being harmed would be similar to being killed by a car accident in the next year.

Simultaneously you want us to believe you are more logical than Spock and also a complete moron. Either that or you believe that people reading your sensational BS are all as ignorant and thoughtless as Trump supporters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Here's an article explaining everything: http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/14/us/haw...ion/index.html

Cliffs notes: Hawaiians in charge of this emergency alert system are morons, and amazingly they had no way to quickly send out a "false" alarm message (which is hard to believe).

Apparently they were running a test, and they only had the ability to select pre-filled "template" messages, with various pre-set recipients.

So they accidentally selected to send the "ballistic missile threat inbound" message to everyone, rather than just internally.

And when it asked for confirmation that they really wanted to send it to everyone, the officer "accidentally clicked yes".

He immediately realized his mistake, but there was no template to send out indicating that it had been done in error, so nobody knew what to do!

Rather than immediately contact authorities and have them send out a message through the cell carriers that this was a false alarm, they dragged their feet for 38 minutes before getting that done.

Instead, in the interim, they sent out a few Twitter messages that it was a false alarm. Great.

Since then, rather than abandoning -- or at least enhancing -- this highly restrictive and insufficient template system, they simply modified it to also have a "false alarm" message:

What a joke.

However, they have decided to shut down the whole thing until they can figure out how to better use it.

Also, the employee who sent out this message has not been fired. Again LOL

Ironically, this entire system just went online in December, because state officials were paranoid that Trump would lead North Korea to attack Hawaii. Instead, these same state officials harmed Hawaiians far more than anything Trump has done so far.

What is amazing to me is that one person can do this. As you pointed out this is a big fucking deal . The amount of stress this could cause to people could literally kill them from stroke, heart attack etc. Not to mention everyone scrambling around for no reason.

Real simple. You have two people, maybe even three, that need to confirm it before sending out an alert like this.
    :freelewfather

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Cmoney curious to know what you would do if you got this alert on your phone. Are you rich enough to survive?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    Cmoney curious to know what you would do if you got this alert on your phone. Are you rich enough to survive?

If I was in Hawaii, high chance of a hangover when i get this message so that would only add to the stress. The move would be to try to get down to the basement of the hotel asap. Not much more you can do than that as you got 20 mins. If my hotel was smaller, I would look to large hotel in the vicinity that may have more substantial concrete parking structures/ deeper basements.
    :freelewfather

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    So Druff, you want us to believe that you would spend 38 minutes inside your head and trying to decide what to do after receiving a text notification on your phone that predicts the end of your life?

Within minutes social media, including government officials, had denounced the alert as false. Yet we are to believe that first of all you are going to believe the text as gospel without first disbelieving and trying to verify it yourself. Then after you do believe it to be true, as you likely would after a few minutes of research, we are then to believe that you would put your phone down and crumble into a crying mess of regret for the next half hour until the original text sender rescinded the alert.

No, that's not how it would go down. You would not believe the original alert. You would then get to believing the alert but being very suspicious about the accuracy of it. Then you would be one of the first to see and believe the officials that were tweeting that it was false. It would be stressful, but no fucking way you are fearing for your life for 38 minutes. You would also be mathematically aware that if a ballistic missile was heading towards Hawaii the odds that you being harmed would be similar to being killed by a car accident in the next year.

Simultaneously you want us to believe you are more logical than Spock and also a complete moron. Either that or you believe that people reading your sensational BS are all as ignorant and thoughtless as Trump supporters.
    It is not clear whether or not these Twitters were easily found at the time of the corrections. It does not appear that these false alarm tweets were widely sent out, but rather that they were made on a few accounts which non-locals would have no idea how to find.

Additionally, as I'm sure people went crazy using their cell phones right after receiving that alert, I'm not sure if the data connection would have been usable for internet searches.

Even if you want to assume that I would have figured this out within a few minutes, what about the less internet savvy in Hawaii?

You think it's okay that they were left for 38 minutes believing they would die?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post

If I was in Hawaii, high chance of a hangover when i get this message so that would only add to the stress. The move would be to try to get down to the basement of the hotel asap. Not much more you can do than that as you got 20 mins. If my hotel was smaller, I would look to large hotel in the vicinity that may have more substantial concrete parking structures/ deeper basements.
    What?
    Name:  hiroshima_bombing_enola_gay.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  174.9 KB

Avoid Oahu. Stay on Kauai, Big Island, Maui.
    Copy 1369's friend. "Lol... A buddy of mine out there told me pretty much the same. He gathered up his shit and just sat back, got stoned and waited."
    “I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
    Stephen Hawking

Load Metric
    The same calibur of civil servants are responsible for our own missiles.

Did Trump ever appoint anyone to the Dept of Energy? They are responsible for our nuclear stockpile. Whether he did or didn’t prolly doesn’t matter.

What a joke. People are so trusting because it seems so important. They assume there is some correlation of competence vs importance

Get woke

Load Metric
    so just to be clear, people totally think a lone employee fat fingered in a missile alert that went uncorrected for 38 minutes?

that explanation totally works for yall?

bonus shade:

Name:  1516124316177.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  21.8 KB

and the same situation in japan like a day or two later, with totally the same explanation there? big coincidence?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    also hashtag me too
    It's pronounced 'pound me too'

Load Metric

Even if you want to assume that I would have figured this out within a few minutes, what about the less internet savvy in Hawaii?

You think it's okay that they were left for 38 minutes believing they would die?
    LOL, NO.

But that isn't at all advancing the observation that I made which is you putting yourself into the situation and then equating the level of your victimization based on a new assumption that your response to the scenario would be equivalent to that of a flat earther from West Virginia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Thread Information