Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who needs $200? 1 afternoon's work

Load Metric
    Like I said I'd have done it for $200 but i think you prob underestimated how long will take, even if you could do 1 hh every 10 mins thats 6 hours work.

But to get 6 done per hour would prob be rushed which is why you got a half assed job.

Don't get me wrong I think $200 to do this is fair enough but should have made them go back and finish the job rather than give them $150 and then expect someone else to fix their mess for $70

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    Like I said I'd have done it for $200 but i think you prob underestimated how long will take, even if you could do 1 hh every 10 mins thats 6 hours work.

But to get 6 done per hour would prob be rushed which is why you got a half assed job.

Don't get me wrong I think $200 to do this is fair enough but should have made them go back and finish the job rather than give them $150 and then expect someone else to fix their mess for $70

You really think he was talking about someone from this forum when you read that post? I mean I know the guy is on that "better than thou" tip but come on.

he did it himself -600
    someone not from this forum did it +650
    someone from this forum did it +2200

Load Metric
    I'm no good at conspiracies gonna wait for FPSRussia to give his take on this before i jump to any conclusions

Load Metric

1 hand history a minute would be considered half assing it.

Seriously.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    ok just got off the phone with fps russia he tells me that is was indeed srsly who fucked all the hhs up and this thread was actually just a cunning plan to get someone to fix his mess for a low low price of $70

Load Metric
    sonatine also a late contended for the person who half assed the job

Comments

sonatine: only my hair dresser knows for sure

Load Metric
    ok just got off the phone with fps russia he tells me that is was indeed srsly who fucked all the hhs up and this thread was actually just a cunning plan to get someone to fix his mess for a low low price of $70

OMG. I hadn't even taken things back that far. Kudos FPS Russia. I think I'm gonna have to bow out now though because you are seeming like Srsly now and it is bothering me.

#ettu?

Load Metric
    Jesus if he talked that way about Sonatine than his cock is really as giant as he says.

Load Metric
    #BIGTOPIC

Load Metric

omg

srslysirius is the new garrett

;(

Banned
    Load Metric

I've done about a hundred of these myself, so I have a good feel for how long it should take. Maybe I'm overestimating the competency of other people. There is a bit of a learning curve, but you should get the hang of it pretty quickly.

I think $200 was being pretty generous. So is $70 for fixing it. My intent was to pay a premium to get it done quickly. I could knock that out in an hour or two, but I'm swamped and haaaate dealing with HHs. That's not really my job.

I'm not handing it back to the first guy because I honestly don't think he's capable. No offense to him if he's reading this, I still sincerely appreciate the effort.

What evs I'll probably end up doing it myself.

Banned
    Load Metric
    lol I would rather spend a week in the HH dungeon than take him off my ignore list

Load Metric
    ty for the new sn at the no fraud poker room

ifakedarealhh

Load Metric
    I love you srsly

So much

Comments

sah_24: Ahh the good days !

Banned
    Load Metric
    I would like to sincerely thank you all for failing me on this. As a result, I ended up LEARNING PYTHON and wrote a program that reduces like 85% of the workload. Had someone here proven to be competent, I'd probably still be paying them to this day.

It was actually a very rewarding experience, and I'm going to continue developing this skill. This worked out great.

If any of you ever want try it out, I highly recommend this book: https://www.amazon.com/Python-Crash-.../dp/1593276036

Comments

DRK Star: Passive Aggressive Sick Brag Rep

MumblesBadly: Time for you to make a big donation to the freeroll for all of the time we will have helped you save.

gimmick: teach a man to fish and all that

Banned
    Load Metric
    I need someone to skim through many hours of poker video and take notes. This will be an ongoing assignment. I'm paying $150/week for what should less than 10 hours work.

If you prove competent at this and can handle additional tasks, there's $250/week in it for you.

Anyone interested, please PM me. Thanks.

Load Metric
    Pay peanuts, get monkeys

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Pay peanuts, get monkeys
    Yeah, show me the money, nigga!

Load Metric
    Take this to an Eastern European poker forum. You'd be offering 2 weeks wages for a days work.

Most of the poker crowd speak excellent English and you will find FULL commitment as well as good competency.

Though if somebody on here is down on their luck then prob offer them first refusal.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Well the first guy that stepped up transcribed all the hands, but they're riddled with errors. Most of these stem from the fact that he assumed it was a 6max game, so UTG+1 just gets fudged to UTG. HJ calls, eh CO is close enough. That sort of thing. But there are also incorrect suits, bets out of order, etc. I payed him 75%.

Anyway, these need to be fixed. I would begrudgingly do it myself, but I've got a lot on my plate this week. I was hoping for this to be done yesterday. If anyone wants a crack at it, for lets say $70, lmk. Should be a few hours work.
    serves you right -- obviously D Polk pays you way more than $200 a day, so your attempt exploit the value of a worker's labor failed...somewhere in the afterworld Karl Marx is smiling
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Thread Information