Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Publix subs voted best sandwich in the USA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Coming from the northeast it's a strange concept to have the best sub in the area come from a supermarket. It's 100% legit though.

I got my wife a publix sub a few weeks back it had so much lettuce and other vegetables in it she pulled most of them off and made a salad. Like a full on big bowl of salad.

The other big thing at the publix deli are the roasted chickens. People line up at 6pm to get one to bring home.
    Their spicy fried chicken, when you get there in the morn when they make it is great too

Load Metric
    Coming from the northeast it's a strange concept to have the best sub in the area come from a supermarket. It's 100% legit though.
    when I first started working at Tweeter in Dedham @ 2000ish, I was all about Lambert's deli. Not exactly a supermarket, it was more a veggie stand that turned into a small mini-mart, but they had maybe 5-8 types of bread ready (knot roll plz), fresh veg obv, boar's head deli meat, and ALL the condiments. They're the reason I've been addicted to Inglehoffer mustard for so long, they used to use the tiny inglehoffer honey mustard glass jars for the subs, and a small bottle of that shit lasted less than 6 subs for sure. They had Utz dark russet chips usually too, the top of the top IMO.

my general sub ethos says a great cold sub can come from anywhere, especially a grocery store nowadays. a hot sub, however, I won't even consider a grocery store. maybe soon, bit not now.

fuck thinking the best of any food not cuban or by cubans can come from florida. Chicken and rice and beans from a small unroofed place outside miami? fuck yeah! Chicken tender sub from publix? Fuck out of here with yer 'best of'....

Comments

Sanlmar: Wow. Brings back memories

Load Metric
    was ranked as the best sub in the country by Thrillist writer, Jason Diamond.
    Well, if Jason Diamond says it's true, then it must be. He does have absolute power to rank the "best subs in the country" at his sole discretion.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    I go the Florida every now and again. The Publix subs are incredible. The reason: The Bread. It's basically the opposite of Subway bread. The only downfall is the wait time. The people in the deli make the subs, when its crowded with general deli traffic you can spend like 20 minutes there. But yeah, they are great, it's all about the bread and they nailed it. They are messy so impossible to eat when driving.
    I grew up in an italian nieborhood in the bronx..

Nothing, and i say nothing is better then a big sloppy sandwich from an old school italian deli with the dry sausage hanging and the buckets of home made mozzerala submerged in crates.

Never enjoyed fake food from chain restaurants or sandwich shops..

Load Metric
    This thread inspired me. Turkey club. Was delicis.

Name:  IMG_3641.JPG
Views: 396
Size:  2.27 MB

Comments

michael:

splitthis: Bread is amaze

Hockey Guy: Yup, that looks awesome.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    I go the Florida every now and again. The Publix subs are incredible. The reason: The Bread. It's basically the opposite of Subway bread. The only downfall is the wait time. The people in the deli make the subs, when its crowded with general deli traffic you can spend like 20 minutes there. But yeah, they are great, it's all about the bread and they nailed it. They are messy so impossible to eat when driving.

Nothing, and i say nothing is better then a big sloppy sandwich from an old school italian deli with the dry sausage hanging and the buckets of home made mozzerala submerged in crates.

Never enjoyed fake food from chain restaurants or sandwich shops.
    I never understand claims like this. Unless you are surrounded in walking distance of trusted mom and pops, you almost have to eat somewhat at chains. Some of the WORST food I have ever eaten has been from a mom and pop. They are usually terrible and go out of business. Your pizza business was a local business and your neighborhood universally rejected it. They hated it. Outback is above average but never never great, but it sure is shit better than 80% of the Mom and Pops I have been in. Just like Papa Johns was 100% better than your pizza joint and your expired cost cutting ingredients.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    Real solid look at the publix sub ladies and genemin

never thought I would say this, but thank you hoodedn for showing me something i'd never seen before.

Comments

HoodedN: BOOM youre welcome

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    when I first started working at Tweeter in Dedham @ 2000ish, I was all about Lambert's deli. Not exactly a supermarket, it was more a veggie stand that turned into a small mini-mart, but they had maybe 5-8 types of bread ready (knot roll plz), fresh veg obv, boar's head deli meat, and ALL the condiments. They're the reason I've been addicted to Inglehoffer mustard for so long, they used to use the tiny inglehoffer honey mustard glass jars for the subs, and a small bottle of that shit lasted less than 6 subs for sure. They had Utz dark russet chips usually too, the top of the top IMO.
    You’re fucking killing me. I forgot about Lambert’s. You are dead right.

On the Automile Rt 1

I had an office in Norwood about that time. Lambert’s was a mortal lock for us.

The bread. They had prolly 8 bins of rolls as you said. You would pick your roll and queue up in line. They did a land office business. They did so much volume that everything was the freshest imaginable.

I was lifting at the time and looking for calories and yet it was a challenge to finish those sandwiches.

Lambert was also a veggie produce market, as you point out, so their salad bar was top top too.

Lambert’s is still there I’m pretty sure. It has been a few years since I’ve stopped by.

There was also a little hole in the wall in Norwood/Dedham. All they did was chicken salad sandwiches & all they served was lunch. The help would start at 5am cooking the chickens etc. Line out the fucking door when they opened at 11am. Prolly closed by 2pm. So fresh. We would call in with an order for 15 sandwiches. Absolutely the best chicken salad I have ever eaten.

I feel a tear welling up in my eye just thinking about those two places.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

Never enjoyed fake food from chain restaurants or sandwich shops.
    I never understand claims like this. Unless you are surrounded in walking distance of trusted mom and pops, you almost have to eat somewhat at chains. Some of the WORST food I have ever eaten has been from a mom and pop. They are usually terrible and go out of business. Your pizza business was a local business and your neighborhood universally rejected it. They hated it. Outback is above average but never never great, but it sure is shit better than 80% of the Mom and Pops I have been in. Just like Papa Johns was 100% better than your pizza joint and your expired cost cutting ingredients.
    Maybe new york or the bronx is diffrent..

A little Caesars just went out of buisness.

If i want espanades or tomoles, i go to a dominican or mexican spot.. Not taco bell..

If i want pollo con arrroz, i go to a puerto rican spot and get my chicken and rice..

If i want pizza i will go to a real pizzaria not dominoes..

If i want a hero i will go to an italian deli. Not fucken subway..

If im in the mood for some cornbeef or pastrami and some great potato salad or knish, il go to a jewish deli.

I dont go to olive garden For pasta, il go to a small italian joint..

All of that is either walking distance or a short ride.. I love new york..

The nearest Wal-Mart or chick fila is hours away by car..

The bronx and yonkers is still heavily italian , irish, jewish and greek and queens has more cultures per square mile then anywhere else in america..
    If your going to eat out for the evening or just order delivery,,, why would u do any of those corporate places
    Last edited by thesparten; 01-13-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Load Metric
    ESPANADAS IN THE HIZZZAYYY

Load Metric
    dont fucking edit ur post cuz u also spelled it tomoles which is an elite spelling

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I got my wife a publix sub a few weeks back it had so much lettuce and other vegetables in it she pulled most of them off and made a salad. Like a full on big bowl of salad.

The other big thing at the publix deli are the roasted chickens. People line up at 6pm to get one to bring home.
    There you go. Coming from the north east there is very little reason to eat corporate..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    Real solid look at the publix sub ladies and genemin
    I've absolutely gone down the youtube hole here with this guy, fucking absolute gold gems on this guy's channel, mostly his random videos, but also the food reviews are good too. I think this guy may be a serial killer.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

You’re fucking killing me. I forgot about Lambert’s. You are dead right.

On the Automile Rt 1

I had an office in Norwood about that time. Lambert’s was a mortal lock for us.

The bread. They had prolly 8 bins of rolls as you said. You would pick your roll and queue up in line. They did a land office business. They did so much volume that everything was the freshest imaginable.

I was lifting at the time and looking for calories and yet it was a challenge to finish those sandwiches.

Lambert was also a veggie produce market, as you point out, so their salad bar was top top too.

Lambert’s is still there I’m pretty sure. It has been a few years since I’ve stopped by.

There was also a little hole in the wall in Norwood/Dedham. All they did was chicken salad sandwiches & all they served was lunch. The help would start at 5am cooking the chickens etc. Line out the fucking door when they opened at 11am. Prolly closed by 2pm. So fresh. We would call in with an order for 15 sandwiches. Absolutely the best chicken salad I have ever eaten.

I feel a tear welling up in my eye just thinking about those two places.
    Lamberts def still there. I'd imagine you've probably been to the 50's Diner in Dedham at some point.

Load Metric
    review brah is GOD

/thread

Thread Information