Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big O

Load Metric

Big O

Anyone have much experience with Big O? I play it in a crazy home game but those players are so bad!

I知 about an hour out from St Louis, gonna play the $2/5 big O for a few hours. Should be fun. I will update
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Seriously tho

all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Dis niggat talk'n about Big O.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Anyone have much experience with Big O? I play it in a crazy home game but those players are so bad!

I知 about an hour out from St Louis, gonna play the $2/5 big O for a few hours. Should be fun. I will update
    Big O is the fastest growing game in poker right now.

The key is to be tight and let the fish stack off with second best.

Also A2 isn't good enough as a starting hand. People who play O8 or PLO8 get al excited about A2, but in reality you want A2 and at least one more 3/4/5 in your hand, or otherwise you are going to repeatedly get crushed.

Also due to so many cards being in play, you can pretty much expect your A2 low is chopping anyway.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Pot Limit? They have had it around here for a bit. Pot limit Hi and HI-Lo and limit hi-lo. In all formats IMO it is a very straightforward kind of a game where you don't really need to gamble. Wait for very good starting hands (you don't have to wait long) and then flop the nuts or a good draw to the nuts and put the chips in.

If everyone is playing good it is pretty boring and dry. But if your goal is to make $$ it can be very +EV when you are playing with people who play too many hands too far. I wouldn't waste my time in a game where everyone is playing decent, but if there is some bad players then might be profitable enough to be worth it.

Just my take on the game.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I’m about an hour out from St Louis, gonna play the $2/5 big O for a few hours. Should be fun. I will update

Also A2 isn't good enough as a starting hand. People who play O8 or PLO8 get al excited about A2, but in reality you want A2 and at least one more 3/4/5 in your hand, or otherwise you are going to repeatedly get crushed.

Also due to so many cards being in play, you can pretty much expect your A2 low is chopping anyway.
    Limit Big O8 got real popular here (Los Angeles) for awhile in smaller games (4-8 mainly), but I noticed it is starting to die down. Like with many new games that seem fun, once the fish realize they have no shot they gravitate back to LHE and O8, which have higher variance so they can run good and win on any given day.

Load Metric
    Plo8 with worse players and bigger stacks

Play.your a2 suited and.limp in w suited ace wheel cards too

Load Metric
    Ur momz gunna be makin tht big O face later nigga

Load Metric
    Frankly, it's been quite awhile since I played Big O.

(Sad)

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    Plo8 with worse players and bigger stacks

Play.your a2 suited and.limp in w suited ace wheel cards too
    As I said in my other post, I would avoid playing hands with just A2. You will find yourself chopping the low too often, and then of course there's also the counterfeit issue, where people will hammer it with the low plus insurance 3/4/5 cards, and you will feel forced to call off, and then get fucked by a counterfeit card. So basically they'll be freerolling you, and you'll only be after half the pot in those spots anyway.

It's a recipe for disaster, especially if you have trouble laying down half-pot hands (or if you incorrectly lay down half-pot hands).

Platinum
    Load Metric

I’m about an hour out from St Louis, gonna play the $2/5 big O for a few hours. Should be fun. I will update
    ok searles, ive been playing PLO8 for an obscene amount of time so here's my advice:

*don't be a fish and overvalue sets
    *sootedness (especially nut sootedness) matters a shitton
    *middle cards (7/8/9) are AIDS
    *if you are playing full ring big O the nuts are gonna be out there damn near all the time
    *especially in full ring big O, always ask yourself 'how easy is it gonna be for me to scoop this pot' before putting any money in pre...preflop mistakes are gonna balloon exponentially on later streets in big O...
    *if you think position is important in NHLE and you think position is important in PLO, position is the nuts in big O...

good luck...

Comments

dwai: suited?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

ok searles, ive been playing PLO8 for an obscene amount of time so here's my advice:

*if you are playing full ring big O the nuts are gonna be out there damn near all the time
    *especially in full ring big O, always ask yourself 'how easy is it gonna be for me to scoop this pot' before putting any money in pre...preflop mistakes are gonna balloon exponentially on later streets in big O...
    *if you think position is important in NHLE and you think position is important in PLO, position is the nuts in big O...

good luck...
    This is all good advice.

Sets will be shit unless it's combined with a low OR is currently the nuts. Anything worse than top set is asking for trouble.

Also don't hammer it preflop unless you're short stacked. Better off keeping it smaller preflop and letting fish make mistakes against you postflop. It's not like holdem where there's a lot of value in punishing inferior hands preflop.

Load Metric
    Hey Searles, I picked you to win the golf tourney this week. So far so good.

Comments

jsearles22: No idea what this means

Load Metric

This is my assessment as well, though it cost me a few buy-ins to figure it out.

Not too long ago I played on a table with Sklansky. Some of the players and even the dealers were sucking his cock, saying they'd read all his books, etc. He sat a couple hours, left with a bit more than he bought in for. When he was racking up I asked him how's Sue? He said she's fine and walked off. Seemed annoyed that I'd asked.

Comments

tgull: The only time i want to know where you are is when youbare 6 ft under

KidPresentable: Offset
    HILLARY WON

Silver
    Load Metric

Good luck. I hope you win enough to pay Vegas his $500.

Comments

The_Lurker: had to be said

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Sizzles reaction when hes banging Lannister

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Pot Limit? They have had it around here for a bit. Pot limit Hi and HI-Lo and limit hi-lo. In all formats IMO it is a very straightforward kind of a game where you don't really need to gamble. Wait for very good starting hands (you don't have to wait long) and then flop the nuts or a good draw to the nuts and put the chips in.

If everyone is playing good it is pretty boring and dry. But if your goal is to make $$ it can be very +EV when you are playing with people who play too many hands too far. I wouldn't waste my time in a game where everyone is playing decent, but if there is some bad players then might be profitable enough to be worth it.

Just my take on the game.

We pay you around here for your Sport Gambling Picks not Poker insight.

Last warning or I'm pulling the Subway Gift Cards.

E. Snowden

Load Metric

good luck...
    Just lost a $1800 pot and busted.

35577 with diamonds. I知 the rock straddle late position. Flop 344 with 34dd. Smallish bets, I call hoping for miracles. Turn 7. All in 3 ways. Guy has 44, another guy 33 and none of them can hit a low. So I can scoop 6d, case 7. Any low I get $900

River Q

I didn稚 know and was unfamiliar with the rock straddle. Whomever wins the hand mandatory straddled $10, so it was $5/10. I bought in for $800. A bunch of nitty old guys for the most part. I did overplay a set early and lost around $300. Guy has a full wrap and nut flush draw. I grinder back to even. They weren稚 great. A few small coolers, had about $650 and that happened.

Comments

Daly: Quads happen
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Platinum
    Load Metric

good luck...
    Just lost a $1800 pot and busted.

35577 with diamonds. I知 the rock straddle late position. Flop 344 with 34dd. Smallish bets, I call hoping for miracles. Turn 7. All in 3 ways. Guy has 44, another guy 33 and none of them can hit a low. So I can scoop 6d, case 7. Any low I get $900

River Q

I didn稚 know and was unfamiliar with the rock straddle. Whomever wins the hand mandatory straddled $10, so it was $5/10. I bought in for $800. A bunch of nitty old guys for the most part. I did overplay a set early and lost around $300. Guy has a full wrap and nut flush draw. I grinder back to even. They weren稚 great. A few small coolers, had about $650 and that happened.

Next time be a little smarter and ask Larrylaffer for advice

Load Metric
    searles TID tonight bro

Comments

jsearles22: I’m gonna crush so hard

Thread Information