Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: recent swatting

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    Anyone who puts this on the cops alone and excuses the prankster is failing to acknowledge the fact that the swat team was at that house because of the prankster, period. Bad decision by the cop, you bet and punishment should follow.

No prankster (a very elaborate, lengthy and blood curdling call btw) no dead guy. He didn't call and say I got lots o weed come get me pigs, he said he was committing murders lighting the home on fire and continuing to kill.

At the least like to see involuntary manslaughter and 7-10 deal.
    Yes, I'd love to see the prosecution argue that the caller endangered lives by sending a dangerous and unpredictable gang (PD) to someone's house. That would be a perfectly valid argument, but do you think any DA will want to use it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Anyone who puts this on the cops alone and excuses the prankster is failing to acknowledge the fact that the swat team was at that house because of the prankster, period. Bad decision by the cop, you bet and punishment should follow.

No prankster (a very elaborate, lengthy and blood curdling call btw) no dead guy. He didn't call and say I got lots o weed come get me pigs, he said he was committing murders lighting the home on fire and continuing to kill.

At the least like to see involuntary manslaughter and 7-10 deal.
    Yes, I'd love to see the prosecution argue that the caller endangered lives by sending a dangerous and unpredictable gang (PD) to someone's house. That would be a perfectly valid argument, but do you think any DA will want to use it?
    Numerous people have been charged already for doing this under these exact grounds, included a guy in my city. Any sane person understands once you send SWAT to someone;s house there is a chance somebody is getting killed.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Personally i don't think its that complicated. As you are well aware, a significant part of the gaming community thinks such behaviour is totally fine. And when things go bad like this they simply scapegoat the police rather than take any responsibility. Until people are ostracized from the community for such behaviour it will continue to escalate. Its a community full of anonymous trolls who take no responsibility for their actions. I have no issue with them making an example of the useless swatter here anyways. Society would be much better off without numerous of them...

A shame the swatter is such a useless POS because the victims family likely won;t be able to recover anything in civil court.

And I say this as a gamer myself.
    I'm not talking about the gaming community. I'm talking about people who won't give a shit about social pressure like domestic terrorists or enemies of the state, or just criminally insane people. They are also capable of making a simple phone call and exploiting this glaring weakness in our law enforcement system.

Banned
    Load Metric

Numerous people have been charged already for doing this under these exact grounds, included a guy in my city. Any sane person understands once you send SWAT to someone;s house there is a chance somebody is getting killed.
    Got a link? I looked this up yesterday, and the stiffest penalty I found was someone in Germany getting 3 years. A guy making numerous bomb threats in the US got 1 year and community service.

Load Metric
    I'm wondering whether the victim's family will be able to use the fact that police rolled up on a two-story house with deadly force when the caller to 911 mentioned that he was in a one-story house to skewer the police dept in a civil suit.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 12-30-2017 at 07:16 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    @SrslySirius, you make a good and scary point. This shoot first questions later mentality has made this a very dangerous prank.

Load Metric
    Personally i don't think its that complicated. As you are well aware, a significant part of the gaming community thinks such behaviour is totally fine. And when things go bad like this they simply scapegoat the police rather than take any responsibility. Until people are ostracized from the community for such behaviour it will continue to escalate. Its a community full of anonymous trolls who take no responsibility for their actions. I have no issue with them making an example of the useless swatter here anyways. Society would be much better off without numerous of them...

A shame the swatter is such a useless POS because the victims family likely won;t be able to recover anything in civil court.

And I say this as a gamer myself.
    I'm not talking about the gaming community. I'm talking about people who won't give a shit about social pressure like domestic terrorists or enemies of the state, or just criminally insane people. They are also capable of making a simple phone call and exploiting this glaring weakness in our law enforcement system.
    This is fair point but I'm not sure what the answer is? When you have an active shooter or bombthreat you need to significant response. You don;t have time to properly decipher the situation. On top of things numbers are often spoofed making it look legitimate.

But really the damage done here is pretty minimal by terrorist standards.

Personally I'm more worried about a terrorist walking into a mall on black friday and killing a couple hundred people.

Load Metric

Got a link? I looked this up yesterday, and the stiffest penalty I found was someone in Germany getting 3 years. A guy making numerous bomb threats in the US got 1 year and community service.
    Claimed he was framed by anonymous... If he wasn;t so young he would have got more time. To be clear my comment was not about length of sentence

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...-swatting-case

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    I'm wondering whether the victim's family will be able to use the fact that police rolled up on a two-story house with deadly force when the caller to 911 mentioned that he was in a one-story house.
    Or he was supposedly setting the house on fire spreading gas even after shot dead... it gets better, this family will be paid of by the citizens of Kansas.

Banned
    Load Metric
    This is fair point but I'm not sure what the answer is? When you have an active shooter or bombthreat you need to significant response. You don;t have time to properly decipher the situation. On top of things numbers are often spoofed making it look legitimate.

Personally I'm more worried about a terrorist walking into a mall on black friday and killing a couple hundred people.
    Are you trying to be funny? This is comical. Imagine explaining to the orphaned kids "welp, nothin I could do. No time to decipher the situation, I had to just kill the first person to open the door. That phone number spoofed, you know."

Load Metric

Are you trying to be funny? This is comical. Imagine explaining to the orphaned kids "welp, nothin I could do. No time to decipher the situation, I had to just kill the first person to open the door. That phone number spoofed, you know."
    When you get a legitimate call that somebody is killing people inside of a house and all information is pointing to it being accurate, then yes it's going to be extremely difficult to resolve the situation. We still don;t have an accurate report of what exactly happened with the victim so like I said I'm not ruling out police error. But when police receive such time sensitive reports they have to act because others lives depend on it.

If you have another way to handle it then go ahead and explain

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    if only the SWAT team in this guy's city was as careful as Las Vegas' SWAT team

Banned
    Load Metric

lol the link you posted is a teenager getting 9 months and community service for "causing mischief". Numerous people for exactly that, eh?

Tyler Barriss can hang for all I care, that's beside the point. It's treating a symptom, not the disease.

Load Metric
    Except the guy told 911 he was pretty much on a suicide mission. Its not hard to to see why cops arrive and are trigger happy.
    What a a weak-ass excuse. They lit the guy up within 6 seconds of him opening his door. Shined a spotlight on his face and got scared because he moved his hands in front of his eyes. What if that was one of the hostages? There's no excuse for whichever chickenshit cop panicked and prematurely unloaded.

It was only a matter of time before things got to this point and the cat is now officially out of the bag. All you have to do is pick up a phone and tell the right story, and you've got your own personal paramilitary unit ready to bodybag whoever you like. Free of charge. Because according to BCB logic they have no choice but to shoot at whatever moves.

This is going to get much worse before it gets any better, because there's no easy fix to a militarized police force that is completely unchecked and out of control. Assuming "tough on crime" voters and PTB even want reform, it's going to be fully exploited in the meantime.

Unless maybe SWAT teams start showing up at the homes of policemen and politicians.
    Only one solution for this shit.... THE PURGE

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

What a a weak-ass excuse. They lit the guy up within 6 seconds of him opening his door. Shined a spotlight on his face and got scared because he moved his hands in front of his eyes. What if that was one of the hostages? There's no excuse for whichever chickenshit cop panicked and prematurely unloaded.

It was only a matter of time before things got to this point and the cat is now officially out of the bag. All you have to do is pick up a phone and tell the right story, and you've got your own personal paramilitary unit ready to bodybag whoever you like. Free of charge. Because according to BCB logic they have no choice but to shoot at whatever moves.

This is going to get much worse before it gets any better, because there's no easy fix to a militarized police force that is completely unchecked and out of control. Assuming "tough on crime" voters and PTB even want reform, it's going to be fully exploited in the meantime.

Unless maybe SWAT teams start showing up at the homes of policemen and politicians.
    Only one solution for this shit.... THE PURGE
    The best part is these scumbag cops took 2 phones and a laptop from the residence and have yet to return them. Obviously they're looking for leverage over their murder victims.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Fuckers!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    I'm wondering whether the victim's family will be able to use the fact that police rolled up on a two-story house with deadly force when the caller to 911 mentioned that he was in a one-story house.
    Or he was supposedly setting the house on fire spreading gas even after shot dead... it gets better, this family will be paid of by the citizens of Kansas.

When you get a legitimate call that somebody is killing people inside of a house and all information is pointing to it being accurate, then yes it's going to be extremely difficult to resolve the situation. We still don;t have an accurate report of what exactly happened with the victim so like I said I'm not ruling out police error. But when police receive such time sensitive reports they have to act because others lives depend on it.

The caller said to the 911 dispatcher that he was in a one-story house. The cops rolled up on a *two*-story house and apparently didn't think twice that they'd been lied to by the caller or were at the wrong house.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 01-03-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I don't understand. Didn't the kid give up his own address and say come and SWAT me? And if that wasn't the kid and he just gave up some neighbors address or something shouldn't the person that told the SWATter to SWAT that address also be charged?

Edit: The Grandma says he doesn't play video games so lets find the person that gave the address up the address and said come and get me. That person should be in just as much trouble as the swatter.
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 01-03-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Load Metric

It wasn't legitimate. The guy was calling from California and this happened in Kansas. What do you mean you haven't ruled out police error? Is that a joke? This was 100 percent police error. They fucking killed the guy. Is this DRK Star's new account or something?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    shouldn't the person that told the SWATter to SWAT that address also be charged?

Edit: The Grandma says he doesn't play video games so lets find the person that gave the address up the address and said come and get me. That person should be in just as much trouble as the swatter.
    I imagine that will happen, should happen.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    shouldn't the person that told the SWATter to SWAT that address also be charged?

I imagine that will happen, should happen.

I wonder if he was across the street or something watching. Pretty sick. Obviously the idiot cop should be in the most trouble but the person that said come and get and gave a wrong a dress should also be in trouble.

Thread Information